Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

There's more to life then football

Yes i will be laughed at for making this thread, but i dont care. Judge all you want. People need to stop getting ****** for just some dumb game. Today during the game i just realised how dumb it is to get ****** off at some game like i have and many other fans have. There is so much more to life then all of this. Its crazy how arrogant sports make us. It sickens me now that i think of it. I cant believe that myself has acted like that. Its stupid. All it does is make you stressed and mad. Its dumb to even get really happy off a sport. Something just hit me watching this game today and listening to stupid Hawk fans tell me off. I'm a changed man today. Now i understand why alot of people dont watch sports. I'm going to continue to watch, but i'm taking every game with a grain of salt. God bless all of you.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Speechless
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 257

Re: There's more to life then football

There is volleyball.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Addict
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 137

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    There is volleyball.
    I like the shorts they wear

Addict
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 116

look on the bright side...a full slate of NFL games on tomorrow, (in which I have much less emotionally invested).

All-Star
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

It looks like at least a third of the stadium agree with you. They have moved on from tonights game already.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 257

More will be gone soon if Utah hits 58.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    Yes i will be laughed at for making this thread, but i dont care. Judge all you want. People need to stop getting ****** for just some dumb game. Today during the game i just realised how dumb it is to get ****** off at some game like i have and many other fans have. There is so much more to life then all of this. Its crazy how arrogant sports make us. It sickens me now that i think of it. I cant believe that myself has acted like that. Its stupid. All it does is make you stressed and mad. Its dumb to even get really happy off a sport. Something just hit me watching this game today and listening to stupid Hawk fans tell me off. I'm a changed man today. Now i understand why alot of people dont watch sports. I'm going to continue to watch, but i'm taking every game with a grain of salt. God bless all of you.
    There's also more to life than being "awesome" on the internet.

Side note: being "awesome" on the internet is usually achieved by imitating a female genital sanitation device.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Props to you Clones21. What you said is so true! I used to be the same way in high school and college, but now that I have gotten older, I found myself asking the same questions that you have. What really gets me, is all of these people talking smack and going overboard about players and teams that they have no control over. They don't play on the team, they have no control over whether their favorite team wins or loses, yet they get so stressed out and let it control their lives. Look, I love the Cyclones, and I watch every game and cheer for them every game, but I realize that I have no control over whether or not they win or lose. I'm not going to let something that I have no control of, ruin my day. And if one of the players makes a bad play or plays a subpar game, I know they are out there trying their best, and even if they aren't, I can't make them play any harder. Cheer for your team, and if they win, great, be happy. But if they don't, oh well, get ready to cheer them on for the next game.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 733
    Given: 1,862

Your right on the money. Today I was at a funeral for a former classmate. After the day I had today I could care less about a stupid football game.

Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

Addict
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 77

There's more to life then football
    I argue this statement until I'm blue in the face. No, really, my first e-mail address when I was 13 was mylifeisfootball@yahoo.com

In all seriousness, I totally get what you are saying. So we're not going to upset the #10 team in the country. In fact, it is the complete opposite of what we were hoping for. I'll let this sting for a hour or so after the game and then move on. I'll go to bed tonight, wake up tomorrow to do it all over again with my Bears and Chargers. If they don't succeed, I'm not going to start freaking out like it's the end of the world.

I'll go spend time with my parents, hang out with my friends or do something that makes me feel good instead of pouting over something I have no control over.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,338
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    There is volleyball.
    Lost to Kansas tonight . . .

***King of Diplomacy***

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by clone37 View Post
    Props to you Clones21. What you said is so true! I used to be the same way in high school and college, but now that I have gotten older, I found myself asking the same questions that you have. What really gets me, is all of these people talking smack and going overboard about players and teams that they have no control over. They don't play on the team, they have no control over whether their favorite team wins or loses, yet they get so stressed out and let it control their lives. Look, I love the Cyclones, and I watch every game and cheer for them every game, but I realize that I have no control over whether or not they win or lose. I'm not going to let something that I have no control of, ruin my day. And if one of the players makes a bad play or plays a subpar game, I know they are out there trying their best, and even if they aren't, I can't make them play any harder. Cheer for your team, and if they win, great, be happy. But if they don't, oh well, get ready to cheer them on for the next game.
    Good first post! Welcome!

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Pro
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 672
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

and yet, you post this in the Football forum. Ironic?

Rookie
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I think most ISU fans know there's more to life than football. Otherwise most of us probably wouldn't be ISU fans.

Starter
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

We have a grandson baptism at 8am Sunday, sure was easy to leave at half.