View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Geographic Network Feature?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 54.55%
  • No

2 9.09%
  • Don't care either way

8 36.36%
    All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

Idea for Local Group Feature

Edit: Would you be interested in a feature being added to the site in which you could join a "Geographic Group". The key idea behind it being that if you joined the group, it means you live close enough to the central location, that you'd be interested in maybe travelling there if a game watch or event was set up. Possibly having a quick "PM to group" button as well for easy communication.

In no way does this guarantee this will get implemented... but if enough people are interested (especially those of us not in Ames/Des Moines) we might be able to peer pressure Jeremy into this. :)

Well... being in Ames for the last 4 years, I never realized how useful this would be. But after chadm suggested to me setting up a basketball game watch for people in our area I got thinking.

After your "big announcement" and after you complete the other items you have planned on for the site. Would it be possible to set up a feature for user groups based on location... to help set up game watches and such. I know I've seen posts before from other members in various regions of the US asking if there are other CF members interested in game watches. And now that I'm one of those in a different area. I think it would be a nice feature on the site that no other site really offers if users could create a Location group that other members could join to see how many people are in the area and possibly use that group as a "group PM list" for local events. So in my case, anybody in the Sioux Falls, SD area could join that group if they think they'd be interested in travelling there for a game watch.

That doesn't mean we have to eliminate announcement of a game watch so that people who don't know about the Local Group can learn about it... but it would just be nice to have a place where those people can then sign up and easy communication can exist throughout that smaller group.

It'd just be another way to help expand the the Cyclone Community, and might encourage more gamewatches if people realize that they aren't the only Cyclone fan in their area.

Thoughts from anybody else?

Last edited by dbronco7sc; 07-04-2007 at 09:38 AM.

Giving it a go
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 3

Re: Idea for Local Group Feature

How about making this a poll? Possibly ask who would be interested if something was set up within a certain radius of their location. Also post the largest most central location to each of us.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

Re: Idea for Local Group Feature

bump...

if you have any suggestions to better the idea feel free. Or if you feel strongly against it that it will just clutter the site and nobody will really use it... post those opinions too. I'm just trying to see what everyone thinks... I could be all alone on this.