Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 115,636, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cybyassociation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,996
    Points
    115,636
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 91

    The Social Network

    Saw it today. Thought it was a really good movie. David Fincher is a great director. Couple that with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross on the soundtrack and you have a winner.

    Really shows Mark Zuckwhatever under a negative light, and under a light that I would not doubt is more real than work of fiction. A lot more of a darker movie than I thought it would be. I recommend checking it out.



  2. #2
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 14,068, Level: 36
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines via Arkansas
    Posts
    343
    Points
    14,068
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The Social Network

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybyassociation View Post
    Saw it today. Thought it was a really good movie. David Fincher is a great director. Couple that with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross on the soundtrack and you have a winner.

    Really shows Mark Zuckwhatever under a negative light, and under a light that I would not doubt is more real than work of fiction. A lot more of a darker movie than I thought it would be. I recommend checking it out.
    agreed. good movie.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 358,800, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,007
    Points
    358,800
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 55

    Re: The Social Network

    Got this from the Redbox this weekend. I feel the movie is probably more factual than Zuckerberg would like it to be. As far as the negative light, in terms of the thing with the twins, I don't agree. They wanted to use him first after his first venture.

    I also found it interesting how little he cared about the money part and how much Sean Fanning had to do with the development of facebook. Overall, just a pretty good movie.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 187,004, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,563
    Points
    187,004
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 493
    Given: 231

    Re: The Social Network

    Great movie. Zuckerberg should be happy it makes him look like a badass instead of incredibly socially awkward like he is. He controls every conversation in the movie with wit and cunning, which couldn't be more different than in real life.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 51,023, Level: 69
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,833
    Points
    51,023
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: The Social Network

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    Got this from the Redbox this weekend. I feel the movie is probably more factual than Zuckerberg would like it to be. As far as the negative light, in terms of the thing with the twins, I don't agree. They wanted to use him first after his first venture.

    I also found it interesting how little he cared about the money part and how much Sean Fanning had to do with the development of facebook. Overall, just a pretty good movie.

    Actually it was Sean Parker not Shawn Fanning who was involved with Facebook. He co-founded Napster with Fanning but was not the programmer more of the business brains behind it.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 115,636, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cybyassociation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,996
    Points
    115,636
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 91

    Re: The Social Network

    Well...glad someone dug this up. If anyone is a fan of NIN or has seen the movie and like the soundtrack, you can get it on amazon for $5. Its Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross doing the soundtrack. It won a golden globe and there is a could chance it could get an Oscar or Grammy...whichever soundtracks are eligible to win.



  7. #7
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 497,875, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,637
    Points
    497,875
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 753
    Given: 3,027

    Re: The Social Network

    We love David Fincher! Great director, can't wait to see this.


    M 7/09

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 253,941, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,664
    Points
    253,941
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 0

    Re: The Social Network

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    Great movie. Zuckerberg should be happy it makes him look like a badass instead of incredibly socially awkward like he is. He controls every conversation in the movie with wit and cunning, which couldn't be more different than in real life.
    I thought it made him look incredibly socially awkward.




  9. #9
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 237,756, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    17,006
    Points
    237,756
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 653
    Given: 594

    Re: The Social Network

    We just rented it this weekend. I think the events that took place are factual....I also heard that Zuckerburg actually is a genious and that he isn't as sarcastic as he seems. Good movie!


    @RandomGeoFacts

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 358,800, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,007
    Points
    358,800
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 55

    Re: The Social Network

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrocyz View Post
    Actually it was Sean Parker not Shawn Fanning who was involved with Facebook. He co-founded Napster with Fanning but was not the programmer more of the business brains behind it.
    My bad. I don't know why I said Fanning.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 187,004, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,563
    Points
    187,004
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 493
    Given: 231

    Re: The Social Network

    Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    I thought it made him look incredibly socially awkward.
    If you pay attention to it, he controls every conversation. He is always making funny jokes. He usually has the last say in conversations. I wouldn't call that awkward.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 33,799, Level: 56
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 451
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,201
    Points
    33,799
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 0

    Re: The Social Network

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    If you pay attention to it, he controls every conversation. He is always making funny jokes. He usually has the last say in conversations. I wouldn't call that awkward.
    This. He was far from awkward. The scenes with the lawyers where the twins' lawyer was trying to grill him are good examples.

    Jesse Eisenberg played the part very well


    ABC - Always Be Closing

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 358,800, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,007
    Points
    358,800
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 55

    Re: The Social Network

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    If you pay attention to it, he controls every conversation. He is always making funny jokes. He usually has the last say in conversations. I wouldn't call that awkward.
    Yeah, I would say more socially inept due to his very strong arrogance but in a very social setting like a party he was awkward.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 39,911, Level: 61
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,629
    Points
    39,911
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 3

    Re: The Social Network

    The movie is supposedly based on a novel that talked about the rise of Facebook. The author was on NPR, and basically called this movie one of the biggest fabrications he has seen.The fact that so many people believe what they saw in this movie is true disappoints me. I expected better from Cyclone fans, but go ahead a be sheep to the entertainment industry. The truth wouldn't sell tickets, backstabbing and social drama does.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 358,800, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,007
    Points
    358,800
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 55

    Re: The Social Network

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    The movie is supposedly based on a novel that talked about the rise of Facebook. The author was on NPR, and basically called this movie one of the biggest fabrications he has seen.The fact that so many people believe what they saw in this movie is true disappoints me. I expected better from Cyclone fans, but go ahead a be sheep to the entertainment industry. The truth wouldn't sell tickets, backstabbing and social drama does.
    So what is true? I mean, we know the lawsuits were real.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM