Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 306
    Given: 0

Next individual to have breakout game offensively?

I was trying to think back to when we had someone have a breakout game individually on the offensive side of the ball?

Not just a good game, but a breakout game. Something along the lines of 200 yds rushing, 400 yds passing, or 200 yds receiving for instance?

I know Arnaud passed for over 400 yds against Kansas once, but we lost the game, so I'm not sure if that counts? I guess it should?

Anyway... so when will we see it again, and who will it be? I don't see any of our QBs having a game like that for a while. And since our QBs are so bad, I doubt we'll see a receiver have one either?

My guess would have to be ARob or Shontrelle Johnson maybe next year? I'm hopeful that ARob can go over 200 yds sometime yet this year, but teams are going to stack the line on us big time, which they should.

Any other guesses?

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Re: Next individual to have breakout game offensively?

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    I was trying to think back to when we had someone have a breakout game individually on the offensive side of the ball?

Not just a good game, but a breakout game. Something along the lines of 200 yds rushing, 400 yds passing, or 200 yds receiving for instance?

I know Arnaud passed for over 400 yds against Kansas once, but we lost the game, so I'm not sure if that counts? I guess it should?

Anyway... so when will we see it again, and who will it be? I don't see any of our QBs having a game like that for a while. And since our QBs are so bad, I doubt we'll see a receiver have one either?

My guess would have to be ARob or Shontrelle Johnson maybe next year? I'm hopeful that ARob can go over 200 yds sometime yet this year, but teams are going to stack the line on us big time, which they should.

Any other guesses?
    I would say it would be SJ, AA or Arob. If we can get against the right defense anything is possible. You mentioned AA's performance against Kansas. AA did ok against Kansas, but it was really Kstate and A&M that he went hog wild. Keep in mind that we were very inconsistent on offense and didn't even put up 500 yards in two back to back games combined before we played A&M in 2008. Against A&M we had 574 yards of offense. Just because we haven't seen much out of our offense yet this season doesn't mean we won't. It could be that we might see a breakout game for our entire offense today. Remember not to count ISU out until the game is over.

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

If I was a betting man (which I'm not) I'd put it on SJ. I feel he's just going to show up for once and become the offensive weapon we all knew he could be.

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Cy's Taxi View Post
    If I was a betting man (which I'm not) I'd put it on SJ. I feel he's just going to show up for once and become the offensive weapon we all knew he could be.
    it is time for MONEY REYNOLDS to take a misdirection play all the way to the bank.
    go money go!!!!

art briles had a neat play in the baylor game. he had griffin throw a backward pass to a receiver about 1 yard back from griffin on a sideline pattern. the defensive team got sucked in and the first receiver threw a pass to a secondary receiver and the receiver took off for a touchdown untouched..it was a beautiful play. i don't know why we do not run more misdirection plays. ole man snyder (grandpa snyder) at kansas state ran a couple of misdirection plays on us a couple of times and we got sucked in big time. i think herman needs to be more creative with our offense. money used to be a qb. use his skills on misderection plays or like i discribed what briles did at baylor today. we need to be more greative with our offense.

doc