Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 0

Mark Farley radio show tonight

I was listening to Mark Farley on his weekly radio show tonight, and he basically had NOTHING good to say about ISU.

When he was asked what went wrong against ISU last week, he basically said that they self-destructed on their own. He mentioned that ISU did a couple things ok, but the loss was completely due to themselves basically stopping themselves.

Maybe that was partly the case, but do you really say that in public? He came across as totally disrespecting ISU IMO. Said that him and his players fully expected to win the game outright, but was very disappointed that his team didn't show up.

I do think that UNI probably played a better overall game than us, but you almost always hear coaches pay some respect to the other team after a loss... especially when it's 27-0.

I've never really cared for Farley, but even less so now. He can continue to go out and grab all the crooks that get kicked out of Iowa, Nebraska, USC, etc and UNI will always be pretty good, but he's kind of a jerk IMO.

All-Star
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Re: Mark Farley radio show tonight

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    I was listening to Mark Farley on his weekly radio show tonight, and he basically had NOTHING good to say about ISU.

When he was asked what went wrong against ISU last week, he basically said that they self-destructed on their own. He mentioned that ISU did a couple things ok, but the loss was completely due to themselves basically stopping themselves.

Maybe that was partly the case, but do you really say that in public? He came across as totally disrespecting ISU IMO. Said that him and his players fully expected to win the game outright, but was very disappointed that his team didn't show up.

I do think that UNI probably played a better overall game than us, but you almost always hear coaches pay some respect to the other team after a loss... especially when it's 27-0.

I've never really cared for Farley, but even less so now. He can continue to go out and grab all the crooks that get kicked out of Iowa, Nebraska, USC, etc and UNI will always be pretty good, but he's kind of a jerk IMO.

... and any other smiley that implies that is the craziest **** I've ever read.

Walk On
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

What was he supposed to say? We thought we would get beat? ISU has been overwhelming this year?

Sheeesh --

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 937
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 10

Not really a surprise from that guy. He tried to claim last year that UNI was the 2nd best team in the state.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFan View Post
    ... and any other smiley that implies that is the craziest **** I've ever read.
    I just mean that if you throw out the mistakes. Their offense moved the ball better on us than ours did on theirs. And their defense, outside of getting turnovers, held our offense in complete check, while our defense struggled at times to stop them from moving the ball.

We won the game on turnovers and a blocked FG. Face it. But, those turnovers and the blocked FG were forced by us. But yet, Farley didn't see it that way at all. He made it sound as if their kicker kicked the ball right into the backs of his own linemen and none of the turnovers were caused by good plays by ISU.

Addict
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,589
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 2

Farley seems to be pretty good at running his mouth for a coach of a school that barely kept their athletic department afloat this year. I suppose that you can't expect too many people to buy season tickets for their second favorite team.

Addict
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 71

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Not really a surprise from that guy. He tried to claim last year that UNI was the 2nd best team in the state.
    After Iowa State?

ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

Addict
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,589
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

I just mean that if you throw out the mistakes. Their offense moved the ball better on us than ours did on theirs. And their defense, outside of getting turnovers, held our offense in complete check, while our defense struggled at times to stop them from moving the ball.

We won the game on turnovers and a blocked FG. Face it. But, those turnovers and the blocked FG were forced by us. But yet, Farley didn't see it that way at all. He made it sound as if their kicker kicked the ball right into the backs of his own linemen and none of the turnovers were caused by good plays by ISU.
    You know, when you start a RB at QB, you have to expect some bad throws.

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 25

Enjoy the job while you have it, come on regents pull the cord on state money being spent on athletics!!

Addict
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 71

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    Farley seems to be pretty good at running his mouth for a coach of a school that barely kept their athletic department afloat this year. I suppose that you can't expect too many people to buy season tickets for their second favorite team.
    If I recall, UNI students get to go to all the athletic events for free. That must be their way of getting students to go to the games.

ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 8

Another quality post from you... Wouldn't expect anything but this from you...

Uni lost because of turnovers... Our defense played better then their offense. Our offense no matter how crappy scored 13 points. More then their offense. Plus, UNI had two longer drives because ISU had pick 6's and the defense had to go right back on the field again without rest.. So actually, their offensive stats are misleading too because of this.

Yeah they might of had more yards, but we scored twice on defense, resulting in offense not getting a chance to play...

How come it is so hard for you to understand football??

All-Star
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Ok, but you can't throw out the mistakes. The mistakes are what determines who wins the game. If Austen Arnaud never made any mistakes, he'd be playing for Alabama. If Shaggy didn't miss that field goal against MU back in the day we would have been in the Big XII championship. If Diante Garrett didn't miss easy layups, he'd be all-conference.

Mistakes are part of the game. A huge part. Good players/teams make fewer mistakes, bad players/teams make more.

And yes, Farley is an asshat.

Just Win Baby
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Farley always talks like that about ISU and kisses Ferentz ***! It's annoying.

Rookie
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

This happened a while so I might be makin this up, but I recall in 2001 when Seneca was playing, that UNI lost to ISU like 41-0, and he claimed UNI lost because they didn't run the ball enough. One of the dumbest things I've ever heard a coach say.

Facebook Knows All
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 23

I love when fans/teams say "well if we wouldn't have turned the ball over X amount of times, we would/could have won"....might as well just say "well if we scored more points than the other team, we could have won".