Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

ISU apparel

Does anyone else think that the ISU apparel is really below par compared to other schools? Maybe in Ames its a different story, but I don't live in Ames and its honestly hard to find a shirt that isn't your generic 'Iowa State' t-shirt. Doesn't it bother you when you type 'ISU clothing' into google and it comes up with Iowa clothing in the 3 of the top 5 results? Maybe I don't have a clue what I'm talking about but I think that ISU needs to really push the apparel and one very good way to do that is to start a legitimate website based on buying ISU merchandise. Is there a good one that anyone can think of? If so, please let me know.

Prospect
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: ISU apparel

just googled 'Iowa state football merchandise' and Iowa hawkeyes was mentioned in 6/10 results. Duke was also mentioned in one because for some reason truthaboutduke.com sells ISU apparel.

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,181
    Given: 61

Try putting quotations around "iowa state". If you google things, it looks at each individual word, so it will pick up the word iowa and give you some Hawkeye stuff. If you put quotes around it, that means you only want things with those two words together, and should minimize your Hawkeye stuff.

Edit: I just tried it and nothing but ISU stuff came up on the first page for me.

Last edited by cyrocksmypants; 09-30-2010 at 05:34 AM.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,033
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 34

Interesting topic, I have felt the same way about the clothing. I am actually thinking of producing ISU shirts. My product is targeted though. Not everyone may want to buy it. There are some hoops and costs to go through though so maybe this is what holds some people back.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 419
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by fridd53 View Post
    Does anyone else think that the ISU apparel is really below par compared to other schools? Maybe in Ames its a different story, but I don't live in Ames and its honestly hard to find a shirt that isn't your generic 'Iowa State' t-shirt. Doesn't it bother you when you type 'ISU clothing' into google and it comes up with Iowa clothing in the 3 of the top 5 results? Maybe I don't have a clue what I'm talking about but I think that ISU needs to really push the apparel and one very good way to do that is to start a legitimate website based on buying ISU merchandise. Is there a good one that anyone can think of? If so, please let me know.
    IMO- The apparel right now is the best it has ever been. Just went to T Galaxy and the Univ bookstore last weekend and spent too much money. Selection is much better there and at Scheels than online but if you look you can find just about anything

"Not at the table Carlos."

Prospect
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by tazclone View Post
    IMO- The apparel right now is the best it has ever been. Just went to T Galaxy and the Univ bookstore last weekend and spent too much money. Selection is much better there and at Scheels than online but if you look you can find just about anything
    Scheel's in Waterloo is the worst place to buy anything ISU. About 1/4 of the store is Hawkeyes junk. Pretty frustrating trying to find decent clothing around here.

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 43

Gotta agree completely with this. Since I've gotten back to Iowa I decided it was time to get shirts with the new logo. I've bought from both Sheels and T. Galaxy along with Campus Bookstore.

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,043
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 97

Quote Originally Posted by Cyville55 View Post
    Scheel's in Waterloo is the worst place to buy anything ISU. About 1/4 of the store is Hawkeyes junk. Pretty frustrating trying to find decent clothing around here.
    Correction, Scheels in Omaha is the worst. There is 3x as much Texas gear as ISU gear. TEXAS!. They hate Texas here, yet carry loads of their junk. There is almost as much stuff for LSU and North Carolina as ISU.

I bought a Nike polo from the Rivals fanshop site because I couldn't get anything other than a t-shirt in the Omaha/CB area.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,043
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 97

You were in Ames. Try buying a decent ISU polo/golf shirt outside of central Iowa. You will be severely disappointed.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 555
    Given: 355

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaCy View Post
    Correction, Scheels in Omaha is the worst. There is 3x as much Texas gear as ISU gear. TEXAS!. They hate Texas here, yet carry loads of their junk. There is almost as much stuff for LSU and North Carolina as ISU.

I bought a Nike polo from the Rivals fanshop site because I couldn't get anything other than a t-shirt in the Omaha/CB area.
    The texas junk should go on sale right after their big Nebby game or it might be on sale now due to their last week's fine performance.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Rookie
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 881
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

I live just north of Dallas in Texas. Obviously I can never find Iowa State clothing here. Lots and lots of Texas, OU, A&M, Tech which you'd expect but also a I see a fair amount of Hawkeye and Nebraska stuff - that's what really hurts!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyville55 View Post
    I should have specified Scheel's in Jordan Creek Mall. Scheel's in Sioux City is probably much better than Waterloo but the ISU section pales in comparison to the hok an husker sections. Can't blame the store though, they have to cater to the market and there are more iowa and nebbie fans in this area.
    just because local stores don't carry the apparel doesn't mean the apparrel is bad. What ISU and vendors are putting out is the best stuff we have ever seen from ISU, IMO. You just have to find it.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

You were in Ames. Try buying a decent ISU polo/golf shirt outside of central Iowa. You will be severely disappointed.
    That isn't ISU's fault. That is purely a lack of fanbase fault. Stores put out what sells. You want to know why there is Texas clothing in Omaha? It sells. I can tell you the demographic that buys it as well.

I don't blame the Sioux City Scheel's for not carrying more ISU gear. they cater to iowa and nebraska fans because there are more of them. However, what they do carry is very nice. Again, it is not eh apparel's fault the stores don't carry ISU gear. It is the lack of fanbase that purchases ISU gear. I am guessing for every ISU fan you find in Omaha, you can find 3 hok fans and 20 nebbie fans.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

It is pretty easy to get it online these days. And all it takes is one trip to Ames to supply my family for the year.

Rookie
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 470
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 4

So if you guys do buy your ISU stuff online...which site has the best choices? I've looked and looked, and can never find the good Nike or UA clothing anyplace.