Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 6

Ratatouille

Has anyone seen this? What a great movie. If you liked Brad Bird's two previous movies (The Iron Giant and The Incredibles), you'll like this one. I'm so tired of animated movies these days trying to appeal to adults by cramming in pop culture references, so when an animated movie like this comes out, it's a breath of fresh air.

The story is solid, and probably one of the best I've seen out of Pixar since Toy Story. The story is still easy enough for the little ones to understand, but not dumbed down to point where adults start checking their watch every five minutes. The characters are easy to relate to and care about, and the pace keeps you interested the whole way through. The dialogue, while not as humorous as it is in Finding Nemo, is still sharply written, and doesn't speak down to you at all.

The visuals, to say the least, are astounding. There were times where I wondered if I was looking at a real kitchen, or a real alley, but yet, the look of the film and how the lighting was handled still conveyed a sense of fantasy. CG films have obviously come a long way with Pixar leading the charge. Every time I think studios like Fox or Dreamworks have caught up with Pixar, a movie like this comes out to prove that Pixar is the leading innovator in CG movies.

I'm sure those of you who are considering seeing it will see it later tonight or this weekend, but I just wanted to get my early word in. If you're on the fence about seeing it, do it, because it's one of the best movies yet this summer.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 257

Re: Ratatouille

They made it more for adults and animation is even better this time around.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.