Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: KC Chiefs

  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,667, Level: 32
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CloneBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    271
    Points
    11,667
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    KC Chiefs

    I know there are a few Chiefs fans on here, so where can I pick up a local radio broadcast in Des Moines? Don't bother googling it, cause the cathlic station doesn't carry them anymore (ironic).



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 42,278, Level: 63
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 672
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    TheHelgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,760
    Points
    42,278
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: KC Chiefs

    i know this isn't what you are asking (or probably want to hear), but Sirius has all the NFL, and a station dedicated to each team's local crew.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 50,739, Level: 69
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,830
    Points
    50,739
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: KC Chiefs

    Try this...it links all of the internet streams, but you might be able to find a local station here.


    Kansas City Chiefs Radio and Schedule



  4. #4
    Walk On
    Points: 10,502, Level: 30
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Perry, IA
    Posts
    165
    Points
    10,502
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: KC Chiefs

    The games at least uses to be on 1350 AM, but Sunday I turned it on and it was still Cubs baseball. That may change after baseball. I live 40 miles NW of Des Moines and can get some games on 680 AM. I think it actually out of Missouri. You may have to listen through a bit of static, but I know it is on there.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 94,578, Level: 95
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,671
    Points
    94,578
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: KC Chiefs

    I streamed it online here last weekend: Chiefs Radio Network - The Radio Home of the Kansas City Chiefs Love hearing "TOUCHDOWN! Kan-sas City!" by Mitch. That and the before the 4th quarter when him, Len and Kendal all say at the same time "it's time to put the hammer down!" which they did exactly that this past Sunday.

    Hoping if they keep the winning up we'll see the Chiefs on TV more soon...


    Go Cubs Go!

  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 29,234, Level: 52
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,155
    Points
    29,234
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: KC Chiefs

    105.3 in Chariton has the Chiefs, the station has decent reception in the car, but were I live in Ankeny, forget about picking up the station in a house. I've listend to the last 2 games online, 101 The Fox - Kansas City's Only Classic Rock Station



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 313,789, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In a Bunker
    Posts
    14,529
    Points
    313,789
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 20

    Re: KC Chiefs

    590 out of Omaha carries them/or used to havent listened yet this year.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 59,943, Level: 75
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,836
    Points
    59,943
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 56

    Re: KC Chiefs

    Quote Originally Posted by CYCRAZY View Post
    590 out of Omaha carries them/or used to havent listened yet this year.
    590 is, in fact, Omaha's home for the KC Chiefs.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 29,234, Level: 52
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,155
    Points
    29,234
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: KC Chiefs

    590 out of Omaha wasn't airing the Chiefs in week 2 and aren't listed as an affiliate this year.

    Hopefully with the Chiefs hot start, it'll make the Chiefs a more desirable choice for KCCI as the last several years, KCCI all but abandoned (sp?) the Chiefs.

    Here's a link to the Chiefs radio affiliates:

    Chiefs Radio Network - Affiliate Team



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 59,943, Level: 75
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,836
    Points
    59,943
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 56

    Re: KC Chiefs

    Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    590 out of Omaha wasn't airing the Chiefs in week 2 and aren't listed as an affiliate this year.

    Hopefully with the Chiefs hot start, it'll make the Chiefs a more desirable choice for KCCI as the last several years, KCCI all but abandoned (sp?) the Chiefs.

    Here's a link to the Chiefs radio affiliates:

    Chiefs Radio Network - Affiliate Team
    Really?? I could have sworn I've heard radio ads promoting them as the official home of the Chiefs. My bad.



  11. #11
    Walk On
    Points: 4,876, Level: 20
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    CYCL0NE1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    183
    Points
    4,876
    Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: KC Chiefs

    Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post

    Hopefully with the Chiefs hot start, it'll make the Chiefs a more desirable choice for KCCI as the last several years, KCCI all but abandoned (sp?) the Chiefs.
    They damn well better carry the Chiefs - Colts game. If they don't we all need to band together and start a riot at KCCI. Garmin said something on the radio last week to the tune of "no one cares about the Chiefs." He's obviously anti Chiefs, and we're the ones paying the price. It's pathetic the Chiefs are the only AFC team within 800 miles, but they're never on.


    ...And the home of the CHIEFS!!!

  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 313,789, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In a Bunker
    Posts
    14,529
    Points
    313,789
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 20

    Re: KC Chiefs

    Quote Originally Posted by CYCL0NE1 View Post
    They damn well better carry the Chiefs - Colts game. If they don't we all need to band together and start a riot at KCCI. Garmin said something on the radio last week to the tune of "no one cares about the Chiefs." He's obviously anti Chiefs, and we're the ones paying the price. It's pathetic the Chiefs are the only AFC team within 800 miles, but they're never on.
    Ya it does suck but I dont blame them for not putting them on the last several years cause they were horrid. If they keep on winning they damn well better start being on almost every sunday.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 117,821, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    15,478
    Points
    117,821
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 55

    Re: KC Chiefs

    KCChiefsRadio.com hasn't updated their affiliate list as 1150am isn't carrying them anymore. I haven't been able to find the broadcasts anywhere here locally, and its really a shame. Its tough for me to believe that they haven't addressed the Des Moines radio market and gotten an affiliate here. I would venture a guess that there are more Chiefs fans in this area than there are Vikings fans. Lately it may not seem like it but its only because of how bad the Chiefs have sucked the past few years, and how the Queens have been at least competitive.

    I've thought about contacting the Chiefs Radio group through their website, but was trying to confirm that there are no affiliates in this area carrying their broadcasts before I go off half-cocked on them and look like a *******.

    If we're confirming no affiliates carrying them in the area, I think its time we go ahead and contact them about it.



  14. #14
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: KC Chiefs

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneBack View Post
    I know there are a few Chiefs fans on here, so where can I pick up a local radio broadcast in Des Moines? Don't bother googling it, cause the cathlic station doesn't carry them anymore (ironic).
    1220 definately does



  15. #15
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,667, Level: 32
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CloneBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    271
    Points
    11,667
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: KC Chiefs

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAlum2002 View Post
    KCChiefsRadio.com hasn't updated their affiliate list as 1150am isn't carrying them anymore. I haven't been able to find the broadcasts anywhere here locally, and its really a shame. Its tough for me to believe that they haven't addressed the Des Moines radio market and gotten an affiliate here. I would venture a guess that there are more Chiefs fans in this area than there are Vikings fans. Lately it may not seem like it but its only because of how bad the Chiefs have sucked the past few years, and how the Queens have been at least competitive.

    I've thought about contacting the Chiefs Radio group through their website, but was trying to confirm that there are no affiliates in this area carrying their broadcasts before I go off half-cocked on them and look like a *******.

    If we're confirming no affiliates carrying them in the area, I think its time we go ahead and contact them about it.
    This! I'm in... after this Sunday we start ambushing them with emails.


    Ron freaking Swanson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM