Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 118,867, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonenum1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,181
    Points
    118,867
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Do you think Michael Jordan...

    ...traded Brandan Wright because he dissed his Airness in the post draft selection interview?



    I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 144,841, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,619
    Points
    144,841
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 14

    Re: Do you think Michael Jordan...

    What did he say? I missed it...



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 15,252, Level: 37
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    shildreth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,139
    Points
    15,252
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 13

    Re: Do you think Michael Jordan...

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone#1 View Post
    ...traded Brandan Wright because he dissed his Airness in the post draft selection interview?
    ummm no. He traded him becuase he has a team full of project payers with 1-2 years of experience and he needs a veteran scorer that can bring some excitement to the franchise and sell some tickets...ie J Rich.


    '00 Grad
    "Can I borrow your towel, my car just hit a water buffalo" Erwin Fletcher

  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 15,252, Level: 37
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    shildreth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,139
    Points
    15,252
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 13

    Re: Do you think Michael Jordan...

    Stu scott asked him how he felt being the only player drafted so far where his boss could beat him 1 on 1. (or something to that effect) and Brandon responded the Michael did not want any part of his game. Nothing harsh and was all in good fun.


    '00 Grad
    "Can I borrow your towel, my car just hit a water buffalo" Erwin Fletcher

  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 28,542, Level: 51
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    zdorr40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,347
    Points
    28,542
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Do you think Michael Jordan...

    I'm not sure what the right answer is, but it was funny listening to Stephen A. Smith diss Jordan.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 118,867, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonenum1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,181
    Points
    118,867
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Do you think Michael Jordan...

    Quote Originally Posted by shildreth View Post
    ummm no. He traded him becuase he has a team full of project payers with 1-2 years of experience and he needs a veteran scorer that can bring some excitement to the franchise and sell some tickets...ie J Rich.
    Richardson's career scoring average is about 18 ppg...not really a tremendous scorer. As for selling tickets...believe me, drafting ex-UNC players (like Felton, May, and Wright) to play in Charlotte helps sell tickets!

    I don't think Jordan would trade the guy because of the comments but some think it may have had something to do with it because Jordan has a pretty big ego.

    However, it does not appear that Jordan is on his way to being the next Jerry West (ie: a great player that becomes a great front office exec).



    I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 55,583, Level: 73
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,467
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,524
    Points
    55,583
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 14

    Re: Do you think Michael Jordan...

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone#1 View Post
    Richardson's career scoring average is about 18 ppg...not really a tremendous scorer. As for selling tickets...believe me, drafting ex-UNC players (like Felton, May, and Wright) to play in Charlotte helps sell tickets!

    I don't think Jordan would trade the guy because of the comments but some think it may have had something to do with it because Jordan has a pretty big ego.

    However, it does not appear that Jordan is on his way to being the next Jerry West (ie: a great player that becomes a great front office exec).
    Anyone see Jordan play for the Wizards at the end.... And that was a few years ago. Most Bulls fans have probably blocked that out. Besides, Jordan is a huge trash talker, you'd think he'd respect that.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 44,292, Level: 65
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,258
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mwitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,801
    Points
    44,292
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Do you think Michael Jordan...

    Jordan made no secret that he wanted to bring in a veteran.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM