Hey Clones...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Hey Clones...

  1. #1
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Hey Clones...

    Red Raider fan here just looking to get some good discussion going about the upcoming game this weekend.

    It should be interesting, because it seems like both teams have fairly solid defenses, and both offenses struggling mightily.

    Offensively, I'm hoping Tech was able to work on things during our Bye week, and we come out looking like a good offense. not real sure how realistic that is, though, since we haven't had a good offensive game all year. We have issues at QB, and major issues on the OL. We don't seem to separate from DB's very well, either. Our best players are Batch, and Stephens...both RB's, but since our OL sucks, it's hard to get our best players the ball.

    Defensively, I think Tubs/Willis have done a great job. Our ranking may not be great, but we have been very opportunistic, as far as TO's go, and getting sacks. We just haven't been able to capitalize on them offensively. Against Texas, Scott Smith had his coming out party, so hopefully, he's able to continue his dominance.

    I think it will be a low scoring game, and not really even all that sure Tech will win...especially if we don't get better offensively. It's also on the road, and it's always tough to win Big12 games on the road.

    Anyway, it'll be a long week as I'm getting ready for some more football, and to HOPEFULLY get the bad taste of the Texas loss out of my mouth. Especially since I think Tech should've won that game.

    Anyway, here's to a great game, that's injury free!



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 35,647, Level: 58
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,003
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,520
    Points
    35,647
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 214
    Given: 0

    Re: Hey Clones...

    Our offense is abysmal. The defense has struggled but is very green and has little depth.


    ABC - Always Be Closing

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 35,643, Level: 58
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,007
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    istater7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,969
    Points
    35,643
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 105

    Re: Hey Clones...

    wow, i didnt realize how similar the two teams were. should be a great game



  4. #4
    Recruit
    Points: 7,320, Level: 25
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    zepfan4isu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    122
    Points
    7,320
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Hey Clones...

    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyADefense View Post
    Offensively, I'm hoping Tech was able to work on things during our Bye week, and we come out looking like a good offense. not real sure how realistic that is, though, since we haven't had a good offensive game all year. We have issues at QB, and major issues on the OL. We don't seem to separate from DB's very well, either. Our best players are Batch, and Stephens...both RB's, but since our OL sucks, it's hard to get our best players the ball.

    Defensively, I think Tubs/Willis have done a great job. Our ranking may not be great, but we have been very opportunistic, as far as TO's go, and getting sacks. We just haven't been able to capitalize on them offensively. Against Texas, Scott Smith had his coming out party, so hopefully, he's able to continue his dominance.
    Issues at QB, major issues on the Oline, wide recievers not getting good seperation from Db's, can't get their best player in their running back the ball because of poor oline play, and not a great defense ranking wise but very oppertunistic. Wow this is exactly how I would describe ISU this year.



  5. #5
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Hey Clones...

    Quote Originally Posted by zepfan4isu View Post
    Issues at QB, major issues on the Oline, wide recievers not getting good seperation from Db's, can't get their best player in their running back the ball because of poor oline play, and not a great defense ranking wise but very oppertunistic. Wow this is exactly how I would describe ISU this year.
    Oh, forgot to add WR's dropping balls, too.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 79,146, Level: 87
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 1,004
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alumni road
    Posts
    6,994
    Points
    79,146
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 252
    Given: 42

    Re: Hey Clones...

    im sorry, were you describing your team or ours??




  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 115,032, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    15,757
    Points
    115,032
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 134

    Re: Hey Clones...

    You and your fans have little to worry about. Though both teams are struggling, your program has much more talent than ours and that will ultimately be the difference.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 22,333, Level: 45
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    yler4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,834
    Points
    22,333
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 159

    Re: Hey Clones...

    +1 for everyone. This does sound like our team.

    Nice post FinallyADefense.


    Cyclone Sports: The next best thing since MOTHER'S MILK!

  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 44,937, Level: 65
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycloneML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,129
    Points
    44,937
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

    Re: Hey Clones...

    guns up. please bring some of those smokin hotties to ames with you.


    Honor Before Victory

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 879,863, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,686
    Points
    879,863
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,965
    Given: 2,371

    Re: Hey Clones...

    This is confusing. At least the two offenses wear different colored jerseys.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 57,438, Level: 74
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,112
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    benjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,692
    Points
    57,438
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 28

    Re: Hey Clones...

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAlum2002 View Post
    Though both teams are struggling, your program has much more talent than ours and that will ultimately be the difference.
    This would be my guess as well. I'm not counting our guys out by any means, but we're fighting an uphill battle against Tech. If we can win the turnover battle we will have a chance.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 216,092, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    JUKEBOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,198
    Points
    216,092
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 0

    Re: Hey Clones...

    Hopefully it will be cold. That might help...



  13. #13
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Hey Clones...

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAlum2002 View Post
    You and your fans have little to worry about. Though both teams are struggling, your program has much more talent than ours and that will ultimately be the difference.

    While I think Tech is more talented, you can't have bad decisions (QB play), not be able to block (OL), and you can't drop passes, especially on the road.

    I don't rely on talent to win games, because it loses enough for me to be concerned. Just look at the UCLA/Texas game. Texas should have won on talent alone.

    Tech just isn't very good running, or passing right now. I blame the lack of passing on both the QB, and the OL, and I blame the running game on the OL.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 98,614, Level: 97
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,746
    Points
    98,614
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 908
    Given: 221

    Re: Hey Clones...

    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyADefense View Post
    While I think Tech is more talented, you can't have bad decisions (QB play), not be able to block (OL), and you can't drop passes, especially on the road.

    I don't rely on talent to win games, because it loses enough for me to be concerned. Just look at the UCLA/Texas game. Texas should have won on talent alone.

    Tech just isn't very good running, or passing right now. I blame the lack of passing on both the QB, and the OL, and I blame the running game on the OL.
    If you couldn't tell by reading all the responses, or any post on this message board, we suck. How the **** we've won 2 games is a miracle. The only reason we did is because NIU and UNI felt sorry for us sucking so bad and lost the games on their own. Nothing we did on the field actually caused us to win. Oh and we also have the whiniest little girl fans in the world.

    You guys should win 2 million to nothing. There is no reason to play this game. I think our AD's should just work out a deal where you guys get a win, we get the revenue for the home game, and both teams just move on to the next week.

    No sarcasm raider(pirate) needed here.


    Last edited by LindenCy; 09-26-2010 at 04:49 PM.

  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 466,306, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,305
    Points
    466,306
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 533
    Given: 149

    Re: Hey Clones...

    I think it should be an interesting game for all the reasons described. Hopefully we get a nice blast of cold air to shake your boys up. Kinda like the last time we played Tech in a night game @ Jack Trice.

    Are many Raider fans planning on making the trip to Ames? Assuming monsoon season ends and the lots are open, our tailgating is 2nd to none in the Big 12.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM