Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 80

Pistol formation

Hey Guys, I was watching the game last night on Clone Zone, and I caught myself counting the number of times we lined up in the "Pistol" Formation. The percentage got to be pretty high, and I then tried to remember if I had seen it in the previous three weeks and really didn't remember seeing it--someone correct me if I am wrong here. With this formation being the new fad in CFB, has it always been part of the Herman Offense, or do you think it was added to energize our stagnant running game --offense in general. With its origination in Nevada under Coach Alt, and its publicity through the use at Alabama, I was wondering if we were possibly going to see it with more frequency. I just wish this offense would develop an identity. I don't care what we run, lets just do it with purpose and for gosh sakes with emphasis on execution. I am so tired of offense line penalties

Rookie
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 3

Re: Pistol formation

Quote Originally Posted by CloneSolo View Post
    Hey Guys, I was watching the game last night on Clone Zone, and I caught myself counting the number of times we lined up in the "Pistol" Formation. The percentage got to be pretty high, and I then tried to remember if I had seen it in the previous three weeks and really didn't remember seeing it--someone correct me if I am wrong here. With this formation being the new fad in CFB, has it always been part of the Herman Offense, or do you think it was added to energize our stagnant running game --offense in general. With its origination in Nevada under Coach Alt, and its publicity through the use at Alabama, I was wondering if we were possibly going to see it with more frequency. I just wish this offense would develop an identity. I don't care what we run, lets just do it with purpose and for gosh sakes with emphasis on execution. I am so tired of offense line penalties
    yes I was thinking the same thing while watching the game. I like it myself, we had some nice runs out of it and you can run some play action of it as well

Addict
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

Not sure if we used it against NIU, but I do know we used it against Iowa only a couple of times.

The formation makes sense. It allows us to run middle or outside and allows the runners to get momentum before ever getting the ball. The Shotgun spread just seemed to take too long to develop and our line couldn't hold that long, plus defenses were lining up to counter it.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks

Addict
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 580
    Given: 232

I liked some of the Arob wildcat formations myself.

Swarm & Punish
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 726
    Given: 1,490

we have used it in every game this year... and most last year, even the bowl game.

-keep

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Prospect
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

and the formation with ARob and Woody. Too bad penalties stopped us from really doing anything with it.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 486
    Given: 2,033

Quote Originally Posted by CloneSolo View Post
    I'm glad someone else noticed this. We completely abandoned the zone-read offense sometime in the first half because we were in the pistol the entire second half.

It was the first time I've seen it all season.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”