Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

ISU starting QB

I was just with CB anthony young he is a roommate of Jerome Tiller he said AA was hurt. and Arnaud will be the starter next week against Texas Tech

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: ISU starting QB

All-Star
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 752
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

I fully expect AA to be the QB if his arm feels better. I think the bigger question is how long will he be in for? If he takes another big hit to that shoulder, he'll be out again and it'll be Tiller Time again.

No matter who is in, I don't see us scoring enough points to beat Tech. Our defense can come up big again, but they will not hold them at 0 so at some point we have to score....

Yep, this thread has just been pwned.

Addict
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 44

Did like how Tiller didn't turn it over........hard to say that when AA played!!!

Starter
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by erikbj View Post
    Did like how Tiller didn't turn it over........hard to say that when AA played!!!
    exactly. we are fairly stagnant on O no matter who we have at QB, but at least one of them isn't accident prone.
    AA is a much more effective runner and moves the ball better than what we did last night, but 375 yards of total offense and 3 TOs doesn't help anyone. This offense has found ways NOT to put TDs on the board. I was telling the fam last night that if we want to win any close games this year we have to get TDs and not FGs.
    I thought Tiller gave the crowd a bit of a buzz, but he did take some long sacks which is just as bad as a penalty which has also killed many drives for us.
    Either way I don't see the offense clicking by season's end. Hope we can get some TOs from our D to keep us in some of these brutal games we have coming up.

Cy 'till I Die

Rookie
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by JustRedman View Post
    exactly. we are fairly stagnant on O no matter who we have at QB, but at least one of them isn't accident prone.
    AA is a much more effective runner and moves the ball better than what we did last night, but 375 yards of total offense and 3 TOs doesn't help anyone. This offense has found ways NOT to put TDs on the board. I was telling the fam last night that if we want to win any close games this year we have to get TDs and not FGs.
    I thought Tiller gave the crowd a bit of a buzz, but he did take some long sacks which is just as bad as a penalty which has also killed many drives for us.
    Either way I don't see the offense clicking by season's end. Hope we can get some TOs from our D to keep us in some of these brutal games we have coming up.
    One other thing that Tiller did was he seems to look for Sed and Darks. It almost feels as if they've either been ignored or maybe not the hot route.

But the thing that I think will help him with experience is makig quicker decisions. On a couple of occasions, he took off then within a couple of yards of the LOS he saw ARob open in the flat...He paused then took off again but UNI caught him fairly quick.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 195

After seeing 3 QBs in last night game I think we can all agree it's not just the QB - this O is not scoring right now.

Legend
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 1,013

I thought Tiller played OK. One time when he threw a deep ball to Darks in the endzone (decent throw just a little long) he missed Franklin running wide open in the seam for a sure TD.

One thing I really don't understand is how can a D-1 QB not throw a nice spiral consistently? Same goes for AA.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

Addict
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 174

I was only able to listen to the game on the radio, so maybe someone that was either there or saw it on TV can help me out here, but how often did Tiller fake the option read play and take it himself last night?

Jerome's biggest asset IMO is his speed. He's most dangerous when he's running the ball. He's a guy that can take it all the way on any play.

So I was wondering how often he faked that read play and took it himself? Because I think he would be most effective as a QB if he rushed for about 70 yds a game. He's not a pocket passer... we all know that.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 416
    Given: 300

Quote Originally Posted by ISUKyro View Post
    After seeing 3 QBs in last night game I think we can all agree it's not just the QB - this O is not scoring right now.
    The oline does not seem to make big holes. The oline has had trouble holding out the front line on passing situations. So what do we do with them? I thought UNI rushed the qb fairly well last night. The same for the game before. Do we have an oline composed of different types - some pass block and some run block but they do not do both?

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 30

ISU starting QB

Quote Originally Posted by erikbj
    And the myth continues to grow. Do you realize that Tiller's career TD-INT ratio is 1-4? So how exactly does that make Tiller better than Arnaud when it comes to turnovers? I can go through Austen's career and pick out any number of starts where he had zero TOs. It doesn't mean anything though. But yet everybody thinks that the Nebraska game and now the UNI game prove that Tiller is the prototype for conservative, protect the ball game management. A 1-4 career TD-INT ratio says that claim is pure BS. They BOTH need to improve in their decision making and accuracy. Let's stop pretending otherwise.

Pro
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 831
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 8

its been said in another thread, but JT isnt exactly the non-turnover god. he has a 1/4 TD-INT ratio on his career. he just isn't ready to be the starting QB against a b12 team at this point because the coaches don't even want him to throw the deep ball. now i'm not saying arnaud has been incredibly effective this season, but I think he gives us the best shot to win. he's a leader, he can run the football tough, and he is overall a better weapon for this offense.

Legend
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 1,013

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    I was only able to listen to the game on the radio, so maybe someone that was either there or saw it on TV can help me out here, but how often did Tiller fake the option read play and take it himself last night?

Jerome's biggest asset IMO is his speed. He's most dangerous when he's running the ball. He's a guy that can take it all the way on any play.

So I was wondering how often he faked that read play and took it himself? Because I think he would be most effective as a QB if he rushed for about 70 yds a game. He's not a pocket passer... we all know that.
    The hardly ran the zone read at all with JT in the game. They ran a pistol offense all night.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

Addict
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,811
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 44

Quote Originally Posted by erikbj View Post
    Tiller's deep pass to the endzone should have been picked. It was a bad decision and a week pass, that I believe Johnson, had to play d-back and break up. Plus Tiller. Was mever in a situation where he had to pass and make a play. I'm not trying to take anything away from how he played. Just pointing out that with the conservative game plan and only touching the ball a couple times in the second half, really helped him control the mistakes.

Addict
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 18

Arnaud > Tiller

tiller didn't turn the ball over last night, but he didn't hardly do anything either. we had 210 yards of offense?? If we don't get those 2 pick sixes, we might have lost that game with the output of our offense. Seriously.