Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

We win games we're supposed to win...

And no matter how the rest of the season plays out, I think this is a huge block to begin building this program on top of. It's step one, so to speak. Just a few years ago, we lost to a UNI team. Today, with no offense whatsoever, we won by 27.

We may not win a whole lot of games this season, but either way, we are now to the point where we're winning games we're supposed to win. The next step is to start at least splitting the games against the teams at our "level" in the Big 12, and grow from there.

Again, this schedule may not allow us to win a whole lot of games this season, but I like where we're at and where we're headed. Just keep that in mind as the season progresses.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 740
    Given: 92

Re: We win games we're supposed to win...

Quote Originally Posted by CloneState1028 View Post
    And no matter how the rest of the season plays out, I think this is a huge block to begin building this program on top of. It's step one, so to speak. Just a few years ago, we lost to a UNI team. Today, with no offense whatsoever, we won by 27.

We may not win a whole lot of games this season, but either way, we are now to the point where we're winning games we're supposed to win. The next step is to start at least splitting the games against the teams at our "level" in the Big 12, and grow from there.

Again, this schedule may not allow us to win a whole lot of games this season, but I like where we're at and where we're headed. Just keep that in mind as the season progresses.
    I agree. Thats how you get a start on building. I can't think of a game we lost, that before the game you would have said we should win. At most, you could say KSU both years was 50/50.

It's all snark from here on out

Speechless
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,146
    Given: 1,023

I agree. We're less than half way into year two. I'm very happy with the progress so far. Last year's bowl win was a huge surprise, and probably set expectations a bit high for this year. If the offense can somehow get on track, and the defense can continue to improve, they'll win some more games this year, and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 740
    Given: 92

Alright. Someone close this thread. There is far too much positivity and not nearly enough pointing of fingers and asking for pink slips. I have just about had it with threads like this one.

It's all snark from here on out

Speechless
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 865
    Given: 416

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    Alright. Someone close this thread. There is far too much positivity and not nearly enough pointing of fingers and asking for pink slips. I have just about had it with threads like this one.
    As the second poster in this thread i really think its your fault for not pointing it in the proper negative direction immediately upon reading it. I propose a minimum of a 1 week suspension for your account.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,305
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    I agree. We're less than half way into year two. I'm very happy with the progress so far. Last year's bowl win was a huge surprise, and probably set expectations a bit high for this year. If the offense can somehow get on track, and the defense can continue to improve, they'll win some more games this year, and I can't wait to see what the future holds.
    I think this is very true. I a lot of us (myself included) started to forget that we're in the middle of a major rebuild here. We won only 9 games in the three years before Rhoads got here! We've got 9 wins now in just 1.33 seasons.

We're probably in for a few more years of rebuilding, but at least we have something (last year's bowl win) to hold us over, and as long as we keep winning the games we should and pulling out an upset here or there, things don't have to be all that bad.

I'm still excited for the future.

Starter
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

It's time for the fan base to stop being afraid of FCS teams. According to the poll on this site, over 15% thought we would lose this game. We aren't as horrible as some people believe. We have two wins over teams we were supposed to beat, a one score loss to a Kansas State team that's going to win eight games, and a blowout loss against a really good Iowa team. We aren't good by any means, and we'll probably only win four or five games because of the schedule, but we aren't 2-10 Gene Chizik bad.

Addict
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 137

Steady progress... THAT is what we are looking for and that is what we expect.

It does start with winning the games we are suppose to win. Sadly, with our reputation this usually means 3-4 games a season. With this in mind, we need to win the games we are supposed to win AND beat the bottom throng of the Big12 (i.e. Baylor and Kansas). That should put us at 5-6 wins. From there its becoming more competitive and having an upset or two (i.e. Nebraska, Texas Tech). That puts us at 7-8 wins.

Recruiting and consistency from that point on. Oh, and keeping the coaching staff!

We can do this.

"The difference between keeping what you have all to yourself and coveting what someone else has lies within your willingness to give versus your desire to take"

- temperflare

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129

Games we might be favored to win this year:
    1. Kansas
    2. Colorado

Games we could possibly get an upset:
    1. Texas Tech
    2. Missouri
    3. Maybe Texas if they played like they did against UCLA.

We could still make a bowl, but we will more than likely have a 4 or 5 win season.

Pro
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,384
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 98

Lately Ive been thinking about the Chizik losses to Kent State, UNI, UNLV, and Toldeo (or whoever the Clones blew an 11 point lead to with 5 minutes to go). Flip around a few of the close conference loses (KU and CU in 2008) and overall Chizik would have been drastically remembered different. 5-19 turned into 11-13.

Rhoads track record so far is to get most of those wins. I'll say this, if the Clones can just get at least a couple more wins this year despite the season being a disaster so far....the season won't be a total failure.

Also you gotta figure Arnaud will get hot in a couple games and that will lead to some good things.

DO NOT bury this team/players/coaches just yet. Not predicting a bowl game by anymeans, just saying there's a few more wins out there, and then we can wipe the slate clean and start fresh.

http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!