Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 444
    Given: 118

CF Mailbag: 9-23 Edition

Good stuff this week fanatics. Way to bring it!

Chris Williams' weekly CycloneFanatic.com mailbag | Cyclone Fanatic

Addict
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 68

Re: CF Mailbag: 9-23 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY
    Chris, you and I had predicted for the Cyclones to win the exact same 6 games this season. Kansas State being one of them. Which game do the Cyclones need to win as a "makeup" and which game are they likely to win (if any) that was marked a loss in the preseason to get to 6 wins and a possible bowl game?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams
    I think that game has to be Missouri. The Tigers have been less than impressive so far in 2010. They barely beat San Diego State last week. They struggled with Illinois in week one. They are having serious personnel problems. The thing that I like the most about the game is the fact that it is on Nov. 20 in Ames. Letís do a hypothetical here. If that goes down and Iowa State has to win that game to go to a bowl, how big of a crowd would turn out? You tell me.
    My initial thought and hope was 50,000, but when I base it on last year's attendance numbers, I'm probably getting my hopes up too high for 50,000. The Cyclones would be in a similar, but not the same situation as a year ago, if the Cyclones have five victories looking for a sixth when Mizzourah comes to town later this season. Last year the Cyclones had five wins under their belt when Colorado came to Ames for senior day. What makes the situations different is, the Cyclones still had to go on the road to Missouri a year ago for the season finale following the Colorado game. This year, the Missouri game is the home finale and season finale wrapped up into one.

I looked up the attendance total for last year's Colorado game. To my disappointment, only 43,208 attended the game, 4th highest attendance in six home games last year. 7,324 more people attended the Army game last year than attended the Colorado game. In fact, the three lowest attendance numbers for home football games a year ago, was the three Big 12 conference games the Cyclones hosted in Ames.

I don't have season tickets this year, but if the Cyclones have five wins heading into the season finale this year, I will be finding a way to get myself to this game.

Publisher
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 444
    Given: 118

Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY View Post
    My initial thought and hope was 50,000, but when I base it on last year's attendance numbers, I'm probably getting my hopes up too high for 50,000. The Cyclones would be in a similar, but not the same situation as a year ago, if the Cyclones have five victories looking for a sixth when Mizzourah comes to town later this season. Last year the Cyclones had five wins under their belt when Colorado came to Ames for senior day. What makes the situations different is, the Cyclones still had to go on the road to Missouri a year ago for the season finale following the Colorado game. This year, the Missouri game is the home finale and season finale wrapped up into one.

I looked up the attendance total for last year's Colorado game. To my disappointment, only 43,208 attended the game, 4th highest attendance in six home games last year. 7,324 more people attended the Army game last year than attended the Colorado game. In fact, the three lowest attendance numbers for home football games a year ago, was the three Big 12 conference games the Cyclones hosted in Ames.

I don't have season tickets this year, but if the Cyclones have five wins heading into the season finale this year, I will be finding a way to get myself to this game.
    Quality answer there. Gun to my head, I'd say that crowd would be less than 50,000. I hope I am wrong but based on recent history, there is no reason to think that we would exceed that number. Thanks for your input.

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I realized my misspelling on King George's name, but you had closed the thread before I could fix it. Oh, the shame I felt. Also, I meant for you to pick one of George's songs to play.

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...