Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: Loyalty to AA

  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 5,063, Level: 21
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Polk City
    Posts
    41
    Points
    5,063
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Loyalty to AA

    There should be a loyalty to a senior quarterback who has started the previous two seasons and led his team to a bowl victory last year. Everyone wants to jump ship simply because two games didn't go our way. Iowa was predicted to beat us easily which they did and KSU was supposed to be a close game which is was. His numbers are bad but we haven't exactly been playing Ball State and Western Kentucky. Don't act like Iowa fans who ask for a head everytime something doesn't go right. Thats not ISU.



  2. #2
    Walk On Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    206
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Loyalty to AA

    Im tired of pointing out why AA doesn't deserve to play. You guys just think what you want.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 42,554, Level: 63
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 396
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    JY07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,154
    Points
    42,554
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 16

    Re: Loyalty to AA

    I think it's more of a thing where he keeps repeating the same mistakes that makes it aggravating; the most obvious example being him overthrowing a wide open a-rob @ kstate for the tie last weekend, and the year prior overthrowing a wide open darks @ kansas for the win



  4. #4
    All-Star HerkyKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,731
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Loyalty to AA

    Yes, I think that as well. It seems like he cant learn from his mistakes fast enough. Not to say I would, but he is a quarterback after all.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,469, Level: 77
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 781
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Ficklone02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    City by the Bay
    Posts
    3,907
    Points
    62,469
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 11

    Re: Loyalty to AA

    Quote Originally Posted by tricehill View Post
    There should be a loyalty to a senior quarterback who has started the previous two seasons and led his team to a bowl victory last year. Everyone wants to jump ship simply because two games didn't go our way. Iowa was predicted to beat us easily which they did and KSU was supposed to be a close game which is was. His numbers are bad but we haven't exactly been playing Ball State and Western Kentucky. Don't act like Iowa fans who ask for a head everytime something doesn't go right. Thats not ISU.
    I'll trust the coaches to start the right guy, and give playing time appropriately.

    However, and I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but your post wreaks of loser mentality that says, "honor before victory". Eff that, we need to play the best players we have and win now.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 252,970, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,540
    Points
    252,970
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 0

    Re: Loyalty to AA

    I think Arnaud is playing because he is our best option.

    Here is the fact for anybody who disagrees: You think Paul Rhoads doesn't know that much about football, or you think Rhoads doesn't put winning as a priority above anything else in regard to the team. I haven't met Rhoads. But I would would be surprised to find either of those options to be true.




  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 119,458, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jsmith86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    6,193
    Points
    119,458
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Loyalty to AA

    I am not asking for anything other than a lack of interceptions and some completions to guys who really are wide open rather than throwing the ball to guys who are double covered. Is that really too much to ask?


    Edit: And before you start calling me a hater, I don't care who is qb. I just want the job done. And I trust CPR to pick the person who does it the best. I just wish our best was better.


    ____________________________________

    You can't die. That would upset the equilibrium in the Cave.
    Warning: Posts contain 98% post-sarcastic content.
    Hoiball

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 252,970, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,540
    Points
    252,970
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 0

    Re: Loyalty to AA

    Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Im tired of pointing out why AA doesn't deserve to play. You guys just think what you want.
    I'm tired of you making a fool of yourself, so if you're leaving you aren't breakin any hearts.




  9. #9
    All-Star HerkyKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,731
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Loyalty to AA

    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith86 View Post
    I am not asking for anything other than a lack of interceptions and some completions to guys who really are wide open rather than throwing the ball to guys who are double covered. Is that really too much to ask?



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 727,912, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,037
    Points
    727,912
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,067
    Given: 569

    Re: Loyalty to AA

    I think Austin should get the benefit of the doubt because of all that he has done for Iowa State. However, if he continues to struggle, they're going to have to give Tiller at least some shots to prove that he can do better.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 355,820, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,897
    Points
    355,820
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 296
    Given: 39

    Re: Loyalty to AA

    There absolutely should not be a loyalty to him because he is a senior. He should not be playing because of that. If he is, we don't have the right people calling the shots. Our best option to win each and every game until the end of the season should be the guy in there.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 84,929, Level: 90
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 621
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,695
    Points
    84,929
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Loyalty to AA

    Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Im tired of pointing out why AA doesn't deserve to play. You guys just think what you want.
    I'm tired of pointing out why you are wrong with facts not feelings. You just think what you want to think.

    There we agree


    "Not at the table Carlos."

  13. #13
    All-Star HerkyKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,731
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Loyalty to AA

    News Flash: AA did not win a bowl game by himself.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 467,741, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    31,625
    Points
    467,741
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 467
    Given: 321

    Re: Loyalty to AA

    Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Im tired of pointing out why AA doesn't deserve to play. You guys just think what you want.
    You know, until some BCS college pays you $1 million per year to make that determination, I'll take CPR's word that he DOES deserve to play. You know, the guy that's being paid millions of dollars per year to make that decision...


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 467,741, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    31,625
    Points
    467,741
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 467
    Given: 321

    Re: Loyalty to AA

    Quote Originally Posted by HerkyKiller View Post
    News Flash: AA did not win a bowl game by himself.
    News Flash: AA did not lose to Iowa or K-State by himself.


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM