Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 5

2 UNI Tix

Would like to buy two tickets to UNI game. Hillside would be nice, but would entertain anywhere at this point. Thanks!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,460
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 245

Re: 2 UNI Tix

Is the game sold out? Should be tickets at the ticket office or just walk around the parking lots and I'm sure you can find some.

Starter
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Quote Originally Posted by 2020cy View Post
    Is the game sold out? Should be tickets at the ticket office or just walk around the parking lots and I'm sure you can find some.

Not that I know of, most likely will do just that. I was just checking to see if I could help a fellow CFer who wouldn't be able to make it.

Starter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 693
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

Quote Originally Posted by bufante View Post
    Not that I know of, most likely will do just that. I was just checking to see if I could help a fellow CFer who wouldn't be able to make it.
    I don't understand this? I'm only partially ripping on you specifically bufante, but more on the general idea that alot of fans of every team have that you'd rather scalp a ticket than buy one from the team when they're still available, especially when there are still good seats available. Why not help out your team by paying for another ticket and giving your money to the team rather than to some random fan?

I would rather pay $45 for a decent ticket (such as those currently available from ISU at on 5th row upper deck at the 30) and give the money to the athletic department and know I'm helping the team than pay $35 for a better ticket (nothing like this is available as far as I see on stubhub, but maybe on game day from a scalper) to some scalper.

I realize you can't get the best seats in the house and if that's what you want then scalping is the only way to go, and I realize that if you can get tickets cheaper that is important to some people. I just feel like if I'm going to claim that I'm a fan of the team that I should do everything in my power financially to help the team and that means if I decide to go to a game that my money should go to ISU for the ticket.

Pro
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 915
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 16

Quote Originally Posted by synapticwave View Post
    I don't understand this? I'm only partially ripping on you specifically bufante, but more on the general idea that alot of fans of every team have that you'd rather scalp a ticket than buy one from the team when they're still available, especially when there are still good seats available. Why not help out your team by paying for another ticket and giving your money to the team rather than to some random fan?

I would rather pay $45 for a decent ticket (such as those currently available from ISU at on 5th row upper deck at the 30) and give the money to the athletic department and know I'm helping the team than pay $35 for a better ticket (nothing like this is available as far as I see on stubhub, but maybe on game day from a scalper) to some scalper.

I realize you can't get the best seats in the house and if that's what you want then scalping is the only way to go, and I realize that if you can get tickets cheaper that is important to some people. I just feel like if I'm going to claim that I'm a fan of the team that I should do everything in my power financially to help the team and that means if I decide to go to a game that my money should go to ISU for the ticket.

Hey, hey! bufante didn't say he was going to buy from a scalper. I know several people who tailgate, go to the game and have an extra ticket or two they'd like to sell. Many of those will NOT sell to the people with the "buying tickets" signs pinned to their shirts.

By the way, if I have extra ticket(s) to sell, they're most likely better than what's left on ticketmaster/ticket office and I much prefer selling to a fellow CF'er. (ANd, yes, "better" is in the eye of the beholder.

Addict
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 141

In an indirect way it still helps the program if people know they can buy tickets and still have a reasonable ability to resell them (i.e...not get stuck with unused tix) if needed.

For example, I would not be a season ticket holder for the Barnstormers if I wasn't able to easily sell them for games I can't attend (or my wife can't).

There's more than one way to look at this issue.

CCG

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,105
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 829

Quote Originally Posted by synapticwave View Post

I would rather try to get the best deal for myself and if a fellow CFer has some tickets they want to unload at a deal because they can't attend I would rather save myself money. I don't buy from scalpers (scalper = someone who buys tickets and sells them for more) and if I can't find anyone willing to give me a deal I will go to the ticket office and get what I need.