Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 18,790, Level: 41
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    sdcyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    379
    Points
    18,790
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4

    Is A.J. Klien the front runner for

    Big 12 Defensive Newcomer of the Year? He gets my vote. Leading the conference in tackles as a true sophomore and a INT for TD. It would be really nice to have one of our players get that two years in a row.

    Knott has been just as impressive, just doesn't have quite as good of stats as AJ.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 58,069, Level: 74
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,060
    Points
    58,069
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 271
    Given: 158

    Re: Is A.J. Klien the front runner for

    Quote Originally Posted by sdcyfan View Post
    Big 12 Defensive Newcomer of the Year? He gets my vote. Leading the conference in tackles as a true sophomore and a INT for TD. It would be really nice to have one of our players get that two years in a row.

    Knott has been just as impressive, just doesn't have quite as good of stats as AJ.
    Long season. Hopefully he keeps it up. If he does, he will have a very good shot. I absolutely love what I am seeing so far from AJ and Jake



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 13,440, Level: 35
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 610
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    InCytful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    1,228
    Points
    13,440
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 13

    Re: Is A.J. Klien the front runner for

    They're doing good so far, though I wish they were a bit better against the run. Those guys will only get better from here and be really good in the future. Tough to be newcomer of the year with some good players on other teams getting prime time coverage. Is that defensive end from Tech that was eating Texas alive new? Never seen him before, but he played a monster game.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 52,319, Level: 70
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,838
    Points
    52,319
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

    Re: Is A.J. Klien the front runner for

    Probably not. To be a newcomer...it has to be your first year. You already said that he was sophomore.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 58,069, Level: 74
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,060
    Points
    58,069
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 271
    Given: 158

    Re: Is A.J. Klien the front runner for

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrocyz View Post
    Probably not. To be a newcomer...it has to be your first year. You already said that he was sophomore.
    Good call.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 108,323, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    demoncore1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    7,542
    Points
    108,323
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 789
    Given: 488

    Re: Is A.J. Klien the front runner for

    yeah klein wouldnt be eligible for the award, unfortunately


    This is Ophion speaking.

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 18,628, Level: 41
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,581
    Points
    18,628
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    Re: Is A.J. Klien the front runner for

    Knott has been just as good? Hardly. I have never seen a more under sized lb overrun as many plays as he does. He is usually in the right spot at the rift time, but he can't ever make the play.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 96,851, Level: 96
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,411
    Points
    96,851
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 425
    Given: 810

    Re: Is A.J. Klien the front runner for

    Quote Originally Posted by nickwc View Post
    Knott has been just as good? Hardly. I have never seen a more under sized lb overrun as many plays as he does. He is usually in the right spot at the rift time, but he can't ever make the play.
    Undersized? he is 6'2" 240 according to the roster. How is he undersized? He does over run some plays and misses tackles because of it. That missed tackle against Reisner in the first series of the iowa game hurt big time. At the same time he is young and will get better. He is good and will get better.
    People that are surprised at Klein must not have paid attention last year to special teams. Half way through the season, Klein was third on the team in tackles and he mostly played special teams. The guy just finds the ball. I think Knott gets a little more love on the boards because he is home grown and was overlooked.

    Either way, both will be great by the time they are done.


    "Not at the table Carlos."

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 368,068, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    21,554
    Points
    368,068
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,866
    Given: 203

    Re: Is A.J. Klien the front runner for

    Quote Originally Posted by nickwc View Post
    Knott has been just as good? Hardly. I have never seen a more under sized lb overrun as many plays as he does. He is usually in the right spot at the rift time, but he can't ever make the play.
    Undersized? How exactly is he both overrunning plays and in the right spot at the right time? Overall a ridiculous post.


    It's all snark from here on out

  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 21,482, Level: 44
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    709
    Points
    21,482
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 19

    Re: Is A.J. Klien the front runner for

    Quote Originally Posted by tazclone View Post
    Undersized? he is 6'2" 240 according to the roster. How is he undersized? He does over run some plays and misses tackles because of it. That missed tackle against Reisner in the first series of the iowa game hurt big time. At the same time he is young and will get better. He is good and will get better.
    People that are surprised at Klein must not have paid attention last year to special teams. Half way through the season, Klein was third on the team in tackles and he mostly played special teams. The guy just finds the ball. I think Knott gets a little more love on the boards because he is home grown and was overlooked.

    Either way, both will be great by the time they are done.
    I think Knott plays well but I do question his listed weight. I have seen him close up a few times around campus and I highly doubt he weighs 240. Could be wrong as I don't work for a circus.


    There was one?

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 52,882, Level: 71
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,168
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    heitclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malvern, IA
    Posts
    6,508
    Points
    52,882
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 914
    Given: 912

    Re: Is A.J. Klien the front runner for

    AJ and Knott are the only 2 guys who've played well in all 3 games. Its unfortunate circumstances that stuck AJ at MLB but I think he's a perfect fit there. He's going to be an all conference player the next 3 years.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 44,693, Level: 65
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 857
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,949
    Points
    44,693
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 6

    Re: Is A.J. Klien the front runner for

    Quote Originally Posted by heitclone View Post
    AJ and Knott are the only 2 guys who've played well in all 3 games. Its unfortunate circumstances that stuck AJ at MLB but I think he's a perfect fit there. He's going to be an all conference player the next 3 years.
    I don't know how much time he received in the first game, but Jeremy Reeves has been good in all the games. Other than the big play push, he really shut down the KState wideouts.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 459,998, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    69,997
    Points
    459,998
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,220
    Given: 1,968

    Re: Is A.J. Klien the front runner for

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    Undersized? How exactly is he both overrunning plays and in the right spot at the right time? Overall a ridiculous post.
    That is good stuff like we get from the IC School of Writing and their related Rag.


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Georges, Hallice, Deonte, Abdel, Monte, Matt, Jordan, and again McKay.

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 459,998, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    69,997
    Points
    459,998
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,220
    Given: 1,968

    Re: Is A.J. Klien the front runner for

    Quote Originally Posted by heitclone View Post
    AJ and Knott are the only 2 guys who've played well in all 3 games. Its unfortunate circumstances that stuck AJ at MLB but I think he's a perfect fit there. He's going to be an all conference player the next 3 years.
    So basically Matt could not play an outside linebacker as well as AJ?

    Matt Morton also had several tackles (9) on Saturday.


    Last edited by Wesley; 09-21-2010 at 02:33 PM.
    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Georges, Hallice, Deonte, Abdel, Monte, Matt, Jordan, and again McKay.

  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 17,887, Level: 40
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RedBlooded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,062
    Points
    17,887
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 35

    Re: Is A.J. Klien the front runner for

    Our LB's are always the leaders in the nation for tackles. is shows how bad our D-line is.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPN2
  • HOOPS: Iowa State @ Baylor
  • February 16, 2016
  • 08:00 PM