Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Robert Standard

  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 64,659, Level: 78
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    demoncore1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    5,446
    Points
    64,659
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 93

    Robert Standard

    i didnt actually hear we had signed him until just now. good commit, but we are we not doing everything possible to recruit areas we need help. we dont really need a rb, but i guess having another good one cant hurt. unless a player or 2 transfers, we are set at rb for the next 5 years! looking at our commitment list so far, i am impressed with some of the guys we have signed, but its the same as every year as far as position goes. our top recruits are always the same position.


    This is Ophion speaking.

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 64,659, Level: 78
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    demoncore1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    5,446
    Points
    64,659
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 93

    Re: Robert Standard

    and i am hoping that alot of our freshmen this year are redshirting.


    This is Ophion speaking.

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 64,659, Level: 78
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    demoncore1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    5,446
    Points
    64,659
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 93

    Re: Robert Standard

    and did standard really have 40 rushing TDs last year?


    This is Ophion speaking.

  4. #4
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 598,754, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,133
    Points
    598,754
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,176
    Given: 109

    Re: Robert Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by demoncore1031 View Post
    i didnt actually hear we had signed him until just now. good commit, but we are we not doing everything possible to recruit areas we need help. we dont really need a rb, but i guess having another good one cant hurt. unless a player or 2 transfers, we are set at rb for the next 5 years! looking at our commitment list so far, i am impressed with some of the guys we have signed, but its the same as every year as far as position goes. our top recruits are always the same position.
    I'm sorry, but how do you know this?

    How do you know that the coaching staff isn't doing everything they can to land players in need positions? Keep in mind, what time of year it is, and when national signing day is.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 158,655, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,892
    Points
    158,655
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 5

    Re: Robert Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by demoncore1031 View Post
    i didnt actually hear we had signed him until just now. good commit, but we are we not doing everything possible to recruit areas we need help. we dont really need a rb, but i guess having another good one cant hurt. unless a player or 2 transfers, we are set at rb for the next 5 years! looking at our commitment list so far, i am impressed with some of the guys we have signed, but its the same as every year as far as position goes. our top recruits are always the same position.


    Hey

    Congrats on joining the staff!

    What are the recruiting meetings like?


    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 64,659, Level: 78
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    demoncore1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    5,446
    Points
    64,659
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 93

    Re: Robert Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    I'm sorry, but how do you know this?

    How do you know that the coaching staff isn't doing everything they can to land players in need positions? Keep in mind, what time of year it is, and when national signing day is.
    look at the d-line targets. does rivals actually list EVERY player we are going after though? rivals is what i am basing my opinion on, and they dont show many d-linemen we are after, except guys we have no shot at getting (ex: curt maggitt)


    This is Ophion speaking.

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 64,659, Level: 78
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    demoncore1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    5,446
    Points
    64,659
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 93

    Re: Robert Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    Hey

    Congrats on joining the staff!

    What are the recruiting meetings like?
    way to ALWAYS be negative cyclone fans!


    This is Ophion speaking.

  8. #8
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 598,754, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,133
    Points
    598,754
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,176
    Given: 109

    Re: Robert Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by demoncore1031 View Post
    way to ALWAYS be negative cyclone fans!
    hello irony


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 64,659, Level: 78
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    demoncore1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    5,446
    Points
    64,659
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 93

    Re: Robert Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    hello irony
    meant attitude wise...


    This is Ophion speaking.

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 860,547, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,400
    Points
    860,547
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,504
    Given: 1,288

    Re: Robert Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by demoncore1031 View Post
    meant attitude wise...
    So did he....

    It wasn't the best way to say "I'm glad to have this young man choose to be a Cyclone."


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 49,128, Level: 68
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,771
    Points
    49,128
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 28

    Re: Robert Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by demoncore1031 View Post
    look at the d-line targets. does rivals actually list EVERY player we are going after though? rivals is what i am basing my opinion on, and they dont show many d-linemen we are after, except guys we have no shot at getting (ex: curt maggitt)
    We may be after several guys we have no shot at, but why would you pick curt maggitt as one? I hope I don't need to explain his ties to the program...



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 64,659, Level: 78
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    demoncore1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    5,446
    Points
    64,659
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 93

    Re: Robert Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    So did he....

    It wasn't the best way to say "I'm glad to have this young man choose to be a Cyclone."
    i did say i was glad he is a cyclone. was just asking why we are not concentrating on positions we actually need


    This is Ophion speaking.

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 64,659, Level: 78
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    demoncore1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    5,446
    Points
    64,659
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 93

    Re: Robert Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by nhclone View Post
    We may be after several guys we have no shot at, but why would you pick curt maggitt as one? I hope I don't need to explain his ties to the program...
    some people think we have a shot at curt, thats why i used him as an example... i meant that some of our targets are highly ranked as d-linemen. wouldnt it be better to go for juco guys at the position? we have done a good job getting some juco guys in the past

    actually, i like that david irving kid out of cali. he is only a 2 star, but alot of potential


    This is Ophion speaking.

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 860,547, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,400
    Points
    860,547
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,504
    Given: 1,288

    Re: Robert Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by demoncore1031 View Post
    i did say i was glad he is a cyclone. was just asking why we are not concentrating on positions we actually need
    I read it. I think your wording came off in a way that set folks off after a long day of football complaining.

    To answer the rivals thing, I can't remember where, but someone pointed out pretty well a while ago that rivals doesn't tend to know all the guys we're after, or that there are big gaps in their ISU coverage.

    So we're probably looking for guys at those needed positions, but it's probably not being talked about a whole lot with the media.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 49,128, Level: 68
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,771
    Points
    49,128
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 28

    Re: Robert Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by demoncore1031 View Post
    some people think we have a shot at curt, thats why i used him as an example... i meant that some of our targets are highly ranked as d-linemen. wouldnt it be better to go for juco guys at the position? we have done a good job getting some juco guys in the past

    actually, i like that david irving kid out of cali. he is only a 2 star, but alot of potential
    I understood what you meant. Why do you think we have no shot at him? If we always back away from guys with high star rankings, we're not going to imrove as a program.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM