Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,094, Level: 67
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    atlantacyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fontvieille Monaco
    Posts
    3,811
    Points
    48,094
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

    Okay, so we obviously aren't a very good football team...

    Iowa's first string handled us like we were a high school team and it looks like Arizona is dominating them. Fortunately, some of the other Big 12 teams don't look so great, maybe we can just assume that we will probably lose the rest of our games and can be pleasantly surprised if we actually beat anyone other than UNI. I know that this seems like a meltdown thread, but it is what it is.... I don't think that a win today would have changed much. CPR is a great coach with heart, maybe we can shock the world against Texas or Ok. It would certainly shock me. Watching Furman play USC tonight at least I felt like they deserved to be on the same field... I never got that feeling watching the Iowa game.



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 40,775, Level: 62
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 875
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    HandSanitizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bondurant, IA
    Posts
    3,540
    Points
    40,775
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

    Re: Okay, so we obviously aren't a very good football team...

    There is still 75% of the game left. I have a feeling they will be right back in the game shortly. But it doesn't look good for us either way


    Last edited by HandSanitizer; 09-18-2010 at 10:11 PM.

  3. #3
    All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cy's Taxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,209
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Okay, so we obviously aren't a very good football team...

    No, we are a good football team. We have talent, and we're going to win a few more games this year. Obviously, losing today hurts the chances of a bowl game, but 5 is still very possible. The offense and defense are going to get better. Just take a step back, and realize that K-State is a good team. They're a better team. They were favored today. We had 2 chances to win it at the end, but screwed up. The team will learn, and we'll improve. We got our **** rocked in IC last week, but they're a top 10 team, and needless to say, they're good, regardless of how they're playing against AZ right now (it's still early). Just take it week to week, and hope for the best. It's really the cyclone way...



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,094, Level: 67
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    atlantacyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fontvieille Monaco
    Posts
    3,811
    Points
    48,094
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

    Re: Okay, so we obviously aren't a very good football team...

    I think that Arizona just got more yards on the last play than we did in the first half. Iowa may win this... but we just aren't playing at a high enough level to compete with the top 25 at this point. Very frustrating.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 147,924, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,629
    Points
    147,924
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 119

    Re: Okay, so we obviously aren't a very good football team...

    Quote Originally Posted by atlantacyclone View Post
    I think that Arizona just got more yards on the last play than we did in the first half. Iowa may win this... but we just aren't playing at a high enough level to compete with the top 25 at this point. Very frustrating.
    We're still going to play 4-5 more top 25 teams, so we'll have plenty of chances to see.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 92,064, Level: 94
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,086
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,289
    Points
    92,064
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 6

    Re: Okay, so we obviously aren't a very good football team...

    Our talent level (including speed, strength, size, ability, etc) just isn't where it needs to be for us to expect to beat top 25 teams on most occasions. Obviously if someone gives us the ball 9 times, we have a shot but overall, we're not where we need to be to play with the big boys.

    I hope CPR can change that in his recruiting.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 28,634, Level: 51
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,957
    Points
    28,634
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Okay, so we obviously aren't a very good football team...

    Arizona's had the benefit of two turnovers. They also got a generous spot on their first real drive on 3rd down.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 121,876, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    FarminCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Right Over There
    Posts
    2,472
    Points
    121,876
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 14

    Re: Okay, so we obviously aren't a very good football team...

    Quote Originally Posted by edr247 View Post
    Arizona's had the benefit of two turnovers. They also got a generous spot on their first real drive on 3rd down.
    They also just got the benefit of a run-back for six.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 55,041, Level: 72
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    AlleyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,608
    Points
    55,041
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Okay, so we obviously aren't a very good football team...

    It is going to be a long, long season. @Texas, @Oklahoma, Nebraska... I'm not so optimistic anymore.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 38,438, Level: 60
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    4,042
    Points
    38,438
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3

    Re: Okay, so we obviously aren't a very good football team...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cy's Taxi View Post
    No, we are a good football team. We have talent, and we're going to win a few more games this year. Obviously, losing today hurts the chances of a bowl game, but 5 is still very possible. The offense and defense are going to get better. Just take a step back, and realize that K-State is a good team. They're a better team. They were favored today. We had 2 chances to win it at the end, but screwed up. The team will learn, and we'll improve. We got our **** rocked in IC last week, but they're a top 10 team, and needless to say, they're good, regardless of how they're playing against AZ right now (it's still early). Just take it week to week, and hope for the best. It's really the cyclone way...
    "good" teams win more then 5 games, and that is if everything goes our way do we win 5 games.



  11. #11
    Rookie
    Points: 11,444, Level: 32
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 506
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    gharris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    424
    Points
    11,444
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Okay, so we obviously aren't a very good football team...

    Quote Originally Posted by atlantacyclone View Post
    Iowa's first string handled us like we were a high school team and it looks like Arizona is dominating them. Fortunately, some of the other Big 12 teams don't look so great, maybe we can just assume that we will probably lose the rest of our games and can be pleasantly surprised if we actually beat anyone other than UNI. I know that this seems like a meltdown thread, but it is what it is.... I don't think that a win today would have changed much. CPR is a great coach with heart, maybe we can shock the world against Texas or Ok. It would certainly shock me. Watching Furman play USC tonight at least I felt like they deserved to be on the same field... I never got that feeling watching the Iowa game.
    Apparently you were at the game too? Garcia better step it up next week at Auburn. As for Iowa State i think the offensive schemes are lacking and the defense is obviously undermanned. Not much more you can do if you are the D when the offense is so hit or miss.



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 60,456, Level: 76
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,194
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,834
    Points
    60,456
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 4

    Re: Okay, so we obviously aren't a very good football team...

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    What a bunch of prats in this thread. If anyone thought we were a high caliber team before the season began....you are a ******* idiot.

    CPR has 3 years of recruiting to undo what DMac/Chiz left.

    I would say more like 5 or 6....and then to get to a consistent top 25 level another 5-6. This is a long term thing, losing to K-State on some random day in year 2 is really not that meaningful. I know people don't want to hear it, but if you want a winner, sit back and strap it in, cause it is a long journey.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 158,318, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,887
    Points
    158,318
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 2

    Re: Okay, so we obviously aren't a very good football team...

    Sorry.

    didn't mean to rant.


    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  14. #14
    All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cy's Taxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,209
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Okay, so we obviously aren't a very good football team...

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonepower View Post
    "good" teams win more then 5 games, and that is if everything goes our way do we win 5 games.
    I would argue that good teams are not defined by how many games they win. You could take a team like Alabama, have their schedule against the AP top 12, and they would only win about half of their games. Our schedule is daunting. There are a lot of games that we shouldn't win, but that doesn't mean we aren't a good team or that we won't improve throughout the season. I think what makes a team good is partly the wins, but it's also how they play in games against the teams they're not heavy underdogs in. Just my opinion. I don't think ISU is that bad. We're not a top 40 team, but we're not horrible.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 60,456, Level: 76
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,194
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,834
    Points
    60,456
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 4

    Re: Okay, so we obviously aren't a very good football team...

    Watching the other games today it is amazing how far behind we are even an average team like Michigan State. We have no team speed and we just have no one on offense or defense that can make a big play. AJ is that type of player, but we need 5 or 6 of those guys on both sides of the ball, and I don't see any on offense right now. We are conservative as hell on offense as well....maybe that is a good thing considering our gas station condom defense. Lot of recruiting needs to be done.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM