Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 0

Tiller and Woody

Is it just me... or did the offense look better with these two in there today?

Woody runs really hard and breaks a lot of tackles. And Tiller seems to know when to take it himself better than AA?

And Tiller's one throw to Money in the endzone was actually a perfect throw. It was right where Money could have made the catch (if not interferred with), but the defender didn't have a shot at it.

Is Tiller really that poor of a passer? They usually don't let him throw it at all, so how do we really know? His pass against Nebraska wasn't too shabby last year? He definately has a weird delivery, but who cares?

I wonder if ARob is truly 100%? Woody looked really good today I thought. I think he'll see more minutes.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Re: Tiller and Woody

I thought Woody ran well today. Reminds me of Gerhart just not as fast. And yes i'm on the bandwagon for Tiller to be in and choke artist Arnaud to be out signal calling for Tiller.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 32

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Is Tiller really that poor of a passer? They usually don't let him throw it at all, so how do we really know?
    I'd say he must not be very good at it if the coaches leashed him that much at Nebraska last year, and the aTm game he was far from good.

And Clones21...you're a moron. How the hell can you be a choke artist when you're constantly battling from behind? We haven't exactly been up 21 and blowing leads lately.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    I'd say he must not be very good at it if the coaches leashed him that much at Nebraska last year, and the aTm game he was far from good.

And Clones21...you're a moron. How the hell can you be a choke artist when you're constantly battling from behind? We haven't exactly been up 21 and blowing leads lately.
    And we probably never will be with this defense and ****** QB/WR play.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I definatly like woody, Tiller I have hardly seen play. He had one pass that game, but it did look really good.

They should try the duo out.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,134
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 111
    Given: 28

I've been wondering about ARob also. He just doesn't seem like himself this season.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    And we probably never will be with this defense and ****** QB/WR play.
    So why is AA the choke artist and not the receiving core? AA is a solid quarterback, and has shown as much in the past. He may not be better, but I highly doubt he has regressed. That tells me the issue lies in other places. Good receivers make a good quarterback even better (see: Todd Reesing, Dezmon Briscoe, Kerry Meier). They weren't the most talented guys, but damn did they work well together. AA is a decent quarterback. Who on this team is our go-to receiver when we need a big play? Collin Franklin is solid, but he's not a big play threat. Where's SJ? Reynolds? Darks? Williams?

Also, someone wanna explain how the hell these guys are above average blocking on the receiver screens, but can't fight off press coverage?

Addict
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461

Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post

And Clones21...you're a moron. How the hell can you be a choke artist when you're constantly battling from behind?
    But some guys are just winners. They play their best on Saturday's. AA probably looks like Drew Brees in practice, but on gameday he looks like me out there.

Tiller may not look that great in practice, but maybe he's one of those guys that just finds ways to win the game? I don't know?

I just thought his pass to Money looked really good. I don't know if AA puts that ball where Tiller did?

Tiller may very well not be the answer, but how bad does AA have to play before you at least give him a shot? We aren't showing any confidence in him at all by continuing to put AA out there. Especially when you're down 35-0 and still don't see the field. That was sad. Today really showed how stupid it was to leave AA in last week to build his confidence by scoring a meaningless TD against Iowa's 3rd string defense. He sure looked confident out there today, didn't he!

Pro
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 228

I just said this in another thread - Woody deserves 10 or 12 carries a game. He has done nothing but run hard and get yards.

All-Star
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,105
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

I'd like to see Barnett and Shontrelle in the offensive backfield. That gives us explosion in the run game from both guys and a QB that can make big plays with his arm. Forget about game experience, let's put the guys on the field that give us the best opportunity to win or at least get better offensively. If we are gonna get beat, we might as well let the guys we recruited to run the offense get ahead of the learning curve. It's obvious that Tiller has not given Herman any reason to play him. The first two games were won fairly early and he didn't take a snap. Then today, he went in out of necessity and the only pass he attempted was a third down endzone attempt with the team already in FG range.

Last edited by FootballinTexas; 09-18-2010 at 09:10 PM.

Addict
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,042
    Given: 11

I agree that something seems off with ARob this year. He has no burst. He seems to hit a gap and fall forward and be happy with 4-5 yards-- no cutbacks, no moves, just straight forward running. Sometimes that is good, but not when your game is premised on being a bit of a "scat" back.

Legend
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 58

Tiller had 3 snaps at best, does he deserve more Yes. But Woody has only a few carries lets calm down. Woody did look good when he was in there though.

Recruit
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    AA probably looks like Drew Brees in practice, but on gameday he looks like me out there.

This MUST be the case. Austen must be really relaxed and confident in practice which just doesn't seem to carry over to games. He did have some nice runs today and completed several passes, but you just can't miss passes at the end of the game with the game on the line to WIDE OPEN receivers.

The coaches must not have any confidence in Tiller either. The coaches must believe he'll be a backup next year too, otherwise he would have had more snaps so far right?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 282
    Given: 182

Quote Originally Posted by atlantacyclone View Post
    I've been wondering about ARob also. He just doesn't seem like himself this season.
    You have to remember when ARob is in the game he is keyed apon. His strong points isnt running over guys but getting past the line and using his speed. He hasnt had many places to run. When Woody was in the game he did a good job, he is a different runner and did what he does made yards after contact. The plays they called fitted him well and he did his job. These 2 could be a good 1-2 punch in future games.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Addict
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,550
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 304
    Given: 135

I thought Woody was very good today. Remember he was running behind Tiller and the KSU defense had do know that Tiller was not going to come out throwing the ball.