Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 499
    Given: 133

Williams Blog: Recapping Farmageddon

Starter
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Re: Williams Blog: Recapping Farmageddon

I still think the penalties were the biggest problem. Too many people are piling on AA but I think the penalties were a bigger problem than he was.

Addict
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120

So CW...

In your re-cap, you basically let yourself off the hook on why this pass offense stinks so bad. Why?

Are you too afraid to criticize anyone on this team? If it's not all AA, which I agree it isn't all on AA, then what is it?

What do you think of this offense Tom Herman is calling? Let's hear it. What don't you like about our WRs? Let's hear it. What is your opinion?

I hate the way all the Cyclone media members sugar coat what they see on the field. Why not call it like you see it? Don't just say you can't put your finger on it. That's the easy way out.

IMO... this offense is almost painful to watch.

Pro
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,246
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

one thing i havent seen posted but was clear at the game. we have horrific team speed.

Honor Before Victory

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    So CW...

In your re-cap, you basically let yourself off the hook on why this pass offense stinks so bad. Why?

Are you too afraid to criticize anyone on this team? If it's not all AA, which I agree it isn't all on AA, then what is it?

What do you think of this offense Tom Herman is calling? Let's hear it. What don't you like about our WRs? Let's hear it. What is your opinion?

I hate the way all the Cyclone media members sugar coat what they see on the field. Why not call it like you see it? Don't just say you can't put your finger on it. That's the easy way out.

Is this some sort of joke to you? do you not think the players are trying real hard and giving an A for effort. they try so hard and all you do is put them down. well you my friend have lost; you have lost in life; because i know one of the players and he tries real hard; and he works real hard; the star players go to the best programs; we get the next in liners; do you not undertand this? this is not some joke; or some game of hopskotch; or some game of raquetball. THIS IS AMERICAN FOOTBALL we talk about; not SOCCER. do you know?

All-Star
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 464
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 115

So CW...

Yeah! We want blood! Start criticizing some people! Quit not thinking that football is a team sport and start singling some people out!

Cy has balls of steel.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 30

I don't blame everything on AA, but when there are guys wide open, for TDs, you have to complete those passes, period. I watched a lot of games this afternoon, and of the 7 plays were a receiver got open deep the QB hit the guy in stride for a TD. Part of the problem with the running game is that other teams defenses have to be laughing at how inept the down field passing attack is for ISU, and they are concentrating on stopping the read option.

Tiller must not be the answer, but the offense with AA in there is ugly.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyCloned View Post
    I don't blame everything on AA, but when there are guys wide open, for TDs, you have to complete those passes, period. I watched a lot of games this afternoon, and of the 7 plays were a receiver got open deep the QB hit the guy in stride for a TD. Part of the problem with the running game is that other teams defenses have to be laughing at how inept the down field passing attack is for ISU, and they are concentrating on stopping the read option.

Tiller must not be the answer, but the offense with AA in there is ugly.
    oh trust me; i hear ya. arnaud isnt that great of passer but i know for a fact that tiller is not either. we just have to accept it. going to have give the staff some time to get a decent qb in here; it takes time sometime and they are working with what they have. arnaud will prolly bounce back; he isnt that bad. instead of watching film all season though maybe he should have been playing in pick up football games at the rec; prolly would have suited him better. if i hear any more crap about watching film i will ignore it; do you understand that FSN? lol. watching film dont make you good; knowing how to hit a wide open receiver with 1 minute left in the 4th with TOUCH does though. go to rec and throw football; get out of film room pls. thx

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by dbodeenisudm View Post
    Is this some sort of joke to you? do you not think the players are trying real hard and giving an A for effort. they try so hard and all you do is put them down. well you my friend have lost; you have lost in life; because i know one of the players and he tries real hard; and he works real hard; the star players go to the best programs; we get the next in liners; do you not undertand this? this is not some joke; or some game of hopskotch; or some game of raquetball. THIS IS AMERICAN FOOTBALL we talk about; not SOCCER. do you know?
    Show me where I didn't say our players were trying their hardest? You can't... so what in the world are you talking about?

Also... someone show me where I asked CW to single players out? I didn't... except for Tom Herman... who gets paid big money to handle criticism... I think he can handle it. And if not, he should find a new line of work.

I said... what don't you like about the offensive system? What don't you like about our WR corps? Do we lack team speed? Do our WRs not get separation? Is it the play calling? Is it the OL play? Etc. What is the problem.. in your opinion?

Don't just say.. I can't put my finger on it. Have you seen us play the last 2 weeks or not? If so, you must have an opinion... or you don't know anything about football? Which is it?

This offense has no rhythm. We have no passing game. 122 yds passing for a "spread" offense is beyond horrible. And this is against a pretty bad KSU defense. The penalties are completely uncalled for. Total lack of discipline.

As Cyclone fans... who put a lot of our own time, money, and support to this program... I think we deserve some answers. CPR has always said... he wants to see improvement each and every week. Have we seen that? If not, what's the problem?

Can anyone right now envision Austen Arnaud having a game where he throws for over 400 yds right now? You all realize he's done that before, right? He threw for 440 yds against KSU as a sophomore. Can you imagine him ever doing that again?

So no... it's not all AA's fault. He's done it before. When put in the right situation, he did well... and has done well. But he looks completely lost and confused out there now. Why? Is he a square peg trying to be put into a round hole right now? What is it?

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

So CW...

I agree, it isn't fair for Williams to chastise those criticizing AA and the offense, then say that ISU offense and QB production isn't great but isn't the problem, and it's not Herman, and it's not CPR. Then you have more overly-sensitive Cyclone fans come to his defense saying that they're trying hard and that they shouldn't be criticized.

Just pretend he's talking about any other team and you'll see that the analysis is flat and unrevealing.

All-Star
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 464
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 115

Show me where I didn't say our players were trying their hardest? You can't... so what in the world are you talking about?

Also... someone show me where I asked CW to single players out? I didn't... except for Tom Herman... who gets paid big money to handle criticism... I think he can handle it. And if not, he should find a new line of work.

I said... what don't you like about the offensive system? What don't you like about our WR corps? Do we lack team speed? Do our WRs not get separation? Is it the play calling? Is it the OL play? Etc. What is the problem.. in your opinion?

Don't just say.. I can't put my finger on it. Have you seen us play the last 2 weeks or not? If so, you must have an opinion... or you don't know anything about football? Which is it?

This offense has no rhythm. We have no passing game. 122 yds passing for a "spread" offense is beyond horrible. And this is against a pretty bad KSU defense. The penalties are completely uncalled for. Total lack of discipline.

As Cyclone fans... who put a lot of our own time, money, and support to this program... I think we deserve some answers. CPR has always said... he wants to see improvement each and every week. Have we seen that? If not, what's the problem?

Can anyone right now envision Austen Arnaud having a game where he throws for over 400 yds right now? You all realize he's done that before, right? He threw for 440 yds against KSU as a sophomore. Can you imagine him ever doing that again?

So no... it's not all AA's fault. He's done it before. When put in the right situation, he did well... and has done well. But he looks completely lost and confused out there now. Why? Is he a square peg trying to be put into a round hole right now? What is it?
    You need to step back and listen to yourself for a second. Why on earth do you expect Chris to have all the answers? He runs a website. He's not a football coach.

Cy has balls of steel.

Starter
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by BBHMagic View Post
    You need to step back and listen to yourself for a second. Why on earth do you expect Chris to have all the answers? He runs a website. He's not a football coach.

The penalties are completely uncalled for. Total lack of discipline.

This, what has happened???

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by terryk View Post
    The penalties are completely uncalled for. Total lack of discipline.

This, what has happened???
    I don't know. We must lead the NCAA in penalties though. Maybe we shouldn't be hitting people "when we get off the bus"? Maybe we should save it for the football field?

Seriously though... I don't understand it. Tons of false starts. I think a lot of that has to do with this stupid offensive scheme. Nobody on the team knows when we're going to hike it.

Tons of holding calls as well. And the personal foul penalties are of no help either.

I at least thought that Rhoads coached teams would be very disciplined and fundamentally sound.. but we are neither. Lots of penalties, very poor tackling form, bad angles, etc. I sure hope it bothers Rhoads a lot more than what he says in his interviews because all I hear is how proud he is of the effort of our guys every week.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I'm sorry Chris, but AA has to go.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Publisher
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 499
    Given: 133

So CW...

Wow. Guns a blazing from CloneDude tonight! Holler...

Am I afraid to criticize anyone? No...I'm not. I just think this is a total team issue. I don't think that you can pin it on one guy at all and that includes Tom Herman. Is it his fault that Arnaud overthrew Robinson on that last drive? No. Is it Austen's fault that the line gets called for false starts and holding? No. Is it the lines fault when a receiver drops a pass? No. It is a team thing. That is my opinion.