Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

Looking Forward to KSU

Alright, we got creamed on Saturday by a much better team. Not a lot to gain from rehashing how we got outplayed in every facet of the game. The team can definitely learn from the mistakes made on the field... but I think it's best if we as fans focus on the game in front of us. Let's get behind AA as QB whether we believe he should be captaining the offense... bottom line is that he is our starter and field leader. Let's rally behind these boys to whip Snyder and his cats.

Obviously we have a lot of room to improve. We need to improve our tackling as there were so many missed tackles that led to huge gains. Seems we've always had a problem with that over the years. GOOD TEAMS know how to tackle. I'm not sure why it isn't, but it seems like that should be an easy fix.

We need to improve our DISCIPLINE - how many personal fouls did we have on Saturday? 3? 4? 1 is too many. Sure we can get picky over the calls, but it's embarrassing to get called for dumb penalties at multiple times in the game - especially at key situations. Gotta eliminate the bonehead penalties and lashing out at our frustrations.

Seems like running the ball was decently effective against Iowa. At least Robinson was with a 4.4 ypc. I really think we gotta lean on him for ball/clock control and to set up some great play action and screens. Robinson also had a nice day receiving for us. Such a great player. Such a key player. We gotta feature him in both facets until he gets shut down by a D.

I'm confident we can beat KSU... I don't think we'll have a hangover from Iowa and we'll come out ready to play our game. Rhodes will straighten 'em out.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Re: Looking Forward to KSU

I also think Rhoads can get this team back up and ready for KSU. This is a huge game for us, and I want to see our team come out swinging. The tackling does seem to be a continuous problem for us, don't know why that is. I am sure the coaches see it too, and that they are doing what needs to be done to correct it.

Go Cyclones!

Rookie
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Quote Originally Posted by vortec22 View Post
    I also think Rhoads can get this team back up and ready for KSU. This is a huge game for us, and I want to see our team come out swinging. The tackling does seem to be a continuous problem for us, don't know why that is. I am sure the coaches see it too, and that they are doing what needs to be done to correct it.

Go Cyclones!
    Missed tackling drives me crazy. It's been like that for years and years it seems. Should have a guy stopped under 10 yards but he busts through arm tackles and it's a 70 yard gain... UGH. I can stand getting outplayed in X's and O's... but to not be fundamentally sound is maddening. I think we'll see a much improved team in KC.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 909

Quote Originally Posted by asmosis View Post
    Alright, we got creamed on Saturday by a much better team. Not a lot to gain from rehashing how we got outplayed in every facet of the game. The team can definitely learn from the mistakes made on the field... but I think it's best if we as fans focus on the game in front of us. Let's get behind AA as QB whether we believe he should be captaining the offense... bottom line is that he is our starter and field leader. Let's rally behind these boys to whip Snyder and his cats.

Obviously we have a lot of room to improve. We need to improve our tackling as there were so many missed tackles that led to huge gains. Seems we've always had a problem with that over the years. GOOD TEAMS know how to tackle. I'm not sure why it isn't, but it seems like that should be an easy fix.

We need to improve our DISCIPLINE - how many personal fouls did we have on Saturday? 3? 4? 1 is too many. Sure we can get picky over the calls, but it's embarrassing to get called for dumb penalties at multiple times in the game - especially at key situations. Gotta eliminate the bonehead penalties and lashing out at our frustrations.

Seems like running the ball was decently effective against Iowa. At least Robinson was with a 4.4 ypc. I really think we gotta lean on him for ball/clock control and to set up some great play action and screens. Robinson also had a nice day receiving for us. Such a great player. Such a key player. We gotta feature him in both facets until he gets shut down by a D.

I'm confident we can beat KSU... I don't think we'll have a hangover from Iowa and we'll come out ready to play our game. Rhodes will straighten 'em out.

What he said... Let's look forward rather than dwelling on that disaster Saturday. Like I said before the most important game of the season is the next one (not the last one).

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Legend
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 813

Even Sims was missing tackles on Saturday, that was head scratching.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 909

Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    Even Sims was missing tackles on Saturday, that was head scratching.

Pink locker room???

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Pro
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,987
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Big 12 north games are the most important games on the schedule. If given a choice of winning last weekend or this weekend I would choose this weeekend. Beat the Big 12 North teams and the rest will come. The thing that scares me is that they are going to pound the ball with Thomas. Their passing last week was a mirage. We have to have an answer for Thomas. I say load the box and challenge the QB Coffman beat us.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Enginerd View Post
    Big 12 north games are the most important games on the schedule. If given a choice of winning last weekend or this weekend I would choose this weeekend. Beat the Big 12 North teams and the rest will come. The thing that scares me is that they are going to pound the ball with Thomas. Their passing last week was a mirage. We have to have an answer for Thomas. I say load the box and challenge the QB Coffman beat us.
    Loading the box is what ISU should have done against Iowa. They should have been blitzing a safety from somewhere on every down. It was pretty clear after the first TD that playing straight up was not going to stop them. You have to take a chance and hope for a play in the backfield or a TO. Stanzi looked pretty good, so you might have gotten burned doing this, but that is better then watching them grind it out and then hit you with huge plays anyway.