Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 19,635, Level: 42
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,405
    Points
    19,635
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    I am not going to argue that AA didn't play horrible but...

    I thought AA was managing the game early and not forcing things until it became obvious that unless he created something that wasn't there we we going to get embarrassed. I am going to attack all the idiots who think he has to go or it is his fault. You show your ignorance when you attack or blame AA. Most QB's and RB's look like crap when a team is getting dominated upfront. Iowa's QB and RB's would have been at least equally as bad yesterday under the same circumstances. I also think AA and A-Rob would have had similar #'s vs ISU's D with Iowa's O-line and game plan.


    Last edited by Bigguns; 09-12-2010 at 04:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 13,585, Level: 35
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    SDClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    926
    Points
    13,585
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: I am not going to argue that AA didn't play horrible but...

    INDEED!! I can't agree more!



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 396,504, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    58,198
    Points
    396,504
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 449
    Given: 312

    Re: I am not going to argue that AA didn't play horrible but...

    You are right. It was a group effort.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 484,658, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,087
    Points
    484,658
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 107

    Re: I am not going to argue that AA didn't play horrible but...

    That's a pretty good point. We were down 28-0 (I think) when he threw his first pick. He had some bad throws that lead to punts and what not, but we also had no running lanes, and our receivers were dropping balls.

    There wasn't any unit that played well. Not one. Offensive line got beat. Running backs weren't finding room. QB didn't have much time, and threw some ugly balls. Receivers dropped some good balls. Defensive line got pushed around. Dbacks and LBs couldn't tackle anyone or cover anyone. Not one single unit looked worth a damn.

    I guess it makes some folks feel better to single out one guy, but that masks how bad everybody played.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 33,594, Level: 56
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 656
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    isuforlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,708
    Points
    33,594
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 152

    Re: I am not going to argue that AA didn't play horrible but...

    Wac is waiting for us



  6. #6
    Rookie
    Points: 12,746, Level: 34
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    fanaticagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    433
    Points
    12,746
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: I am not going to argue that AA didn't play horrible but...

    Quote Originally Posted by isuforlife View Post
    Wac is waiting for us
    Get the **** outta here.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 16,604, Level: 39
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 646
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RedBlooded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,040
    Points
    16,604
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: I am not going to argue that AA didn't play horrible but...

    it started with conservative play calls that got us no where. and ended with AA showing us what kind of Qb he really is. and so much for having depth a Wide Receiver and running back. Its time to put caspers in the o line sucks




  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 126,872, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tim_redd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    7,373
    Points
    126,872
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 44

    Re: I am not going to argue that AA didn't play horrible but...

    Very true, he didn't start forcing pics until the 3rd, much later than last year.



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 19,635, Level: 42
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,405
    Points
    19,635
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: I am not going to argue that AA didn't play horrible but...

    Quote Originally Posted by isuforlife View Post
    Wac is waiting for us
    Wac is waiting for you!



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 158,686, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,896
    Points
    158,686
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 5

    Re: I am not going to argue that AA didn't play horrible but...

    Quote Originally Posted by isuforlife View Post
    Wac is waiting for us

    Can you just go instead?


    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 19,635, Level: 42
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,405
    Points
    19,635
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: I am not going to argue that AA didn't play horrible but...

    Quote Originally Posted by tim_redd View Post
    Very true, he didn't start forcing pics until the 3rd, much later than last year.
    Yes it wasn't until after the guy pictured in your Avtar gave up a couple of deep crossers.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 19,635, Level: 42
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,405
    Points
    19,635
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: I am not going to argue that AA didn't play horrible but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguns View Post
    Yes it wasn't until after the guy pictured in your Avtar gave up a couple of deep crossers.
    Before every one jumps me about bagging on LJ, I realize that Dion Sanders couldn't have covered the Iowa receivers yesterday, but that is exactly of my point with AA.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 34,644, Level: 57
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 806
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    istater7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,778
    Points
    34,644
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 8

    Re: I am not going to argue that AA didn't play horrible but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    That's a pretty good point. We were down 28-0 (I think) when he threw his first pick. He had some bad throws that lead to punts and what not, but we also had no running lanes, and our receivers were dropping balls.

    There wasn't any unit that played well. Not one. Offensive line got beat. Running backs weren't finding room. QB didn't have much time, and threw some ugly balls. Receivers dropped some good balls. Defensive line got pushed around. Dbacks and LBs couldn't tackle anyone or cover anyone. Not one single unit looked worth a damn.

    I guess it makes some folks feel better to single out one guy, but that masks how bad everybody played.
    well, shontrelle had some good returns. and kirby had a couple nice punts. but other than that, you are very correct



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 26,372, Level: 49
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Sloup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,188
    Points
    26,372
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: I am not going to argue that AA didn't play horrible but...

    Quote Originally Posted by istater7 View Post
    well, shontrelle had some good returns. and kirby had a couple nice punts. but other than that, you are very correct
    Who would have thought after NIU that Special Teams would be the best part of the team against Iowa?



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 27,793, Level: 51
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 857
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,970
    Points
    27,793
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 9

    Re: I am not going to argue that AA didn't play horrible but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguns View Post
    I thought AA was managing the game early and not forcing things until it became obvious that unless he created something that wasn't there we we going to get embarrassed. I am going to attack all the idiots who think he has to go or it is his fault. You show your ignorance when you attack or blame AA. Most QB's and RB's look like crap when a team is getting dominated upfront. Iowa's QB and RB's would have been at least equally as bad yesterday under the same circumstances. I also think AA and A-Rob would have had similar #'s vs ISU's D with Iowa's O-line and game plan.
    I think a lot his problems are all in his head.... There is a team around him that needs to make plays too. It is on him to not through un-neccessary picks but other than that I think he takes on way too much, there were decent passes in the first half that were just plan dropped by receivers.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. Kansas State
  • September 6, 2014
  • 11:00 AM