Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 139
    Given: 60

I just dont get it.

Are we really 60 points worse than Iowa over the last 2 seasons? This is the same team that had to pull off countless wins last season to terrible opponents.

I saw little to no emotion out CPR yesterday. Does CPR not care for this game? How can we not recruit on DL? I mean Parker and Neal are not big enough.

Is the OLine that much worse than last year? Even in a loss last season, our OLine dominated.

Sims and LJ fighting each other? What the hell is that about?

Just dont get it.

Pro
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 10

Re: I just dont get it.

Yes

Sad to say, but you can't argue with the final scores.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

yes, iowa is really good we are a little below average. We are a 3-4 win team, which shouldnt have been on suspected with this schedule. Just as 5-6 wins should have been expected last year.

Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 667
    Given: 183

In my opinion, last year Iowa State wasn't 32 points worse than Iowa. Yesterday, the final score definitely represented the gap between the two teams.

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 12

Yes. Iowa won a BCS bowl game and had 7 players drafted in the NFL last year. ISU is on the upswing, but Iowa is simply a much better program right now.

Rhoads has plenty emotion. What did you want him to do yesterday, break down and cry? Pull his players aside and hit them upside the head with a mallet? I think there was enough fighting within the team that there didn't need to be anymore drama by the coach.

The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

Starter
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Yesterday's final score could have been worse if Ferentz wouldn't have let up. If Fry would have been coaching it would have been 60-0. That is why I have just a little respect for Ferentz, but have no respect for Fry.

Starter
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 536
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Yes we are. Its not ok, but I don't understand the meltdown on the boards. If we go to Norman this early in the season and lose, are we saying "Well this season is over" No we are not. The reality is Iowa is very, very good this year. Did we make them look even better yesterday" Yes.
    I have faith that we will continue to improve, there are far too many games left this year to throw in the towel now. We have some big games left, games that can put us on the National map.
    I am still confident we can make a bowl game. I for one do not let how good the Hawks dictate how I feel about my Cyclones. We are on a 2nd year head coach, they are on an 11th year. Our players have had to go through more shakeup in their careers than anyone should. We will be fine. Lets go beat K-State.

Eternal Optimist

Starter
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyfreddy View Post
    Yesterday's final score could have been worse if Ferentz wouldn't have let up.
    This.

It could've been so much worse had KF wanted it to be.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 588
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 6

Clearly the score is not indicitive of how the day went. Looking at the scoreboard you might think that we were in the game at some point.

Rookie
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    In my opinion, last year Iowa State wasn't 32 points worse than Iowa. Yesterday, the final score definitely represented the gap between the two teams.
    I agree. But, ISU fans need to keep their heads up. You faced a pretty darn good team in a tough atmosphere. I am positive that the ISU team you see at the end of the year won't even remotely resemble the one that played yesterday.

All-Star
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I never thought this would happen, but with your title I finally have to agree with you UNIGuy4Cy and that you just don't get it.

All-Star
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 83

Quote Originally Posted by clone136 View Post
    . . . I don't understand the meltdown on the boards. If we go to Norman this early in the season and lose, are we saying "Well this season is over" No we are not. The reality is Iowa is very, very good this year. . . . I for one do not let how good the Hawks dictate how I feel about my Cyclones. We are on a 2nd year head coach, they are on an 11th year. . . .
    If you don't mind, I'd like to support your point of view. I don't understand the meltdown, either. The disappointment, sure; quitting on the team, no.

Iowa arrived some years ago. We are building. I'm one ISU fan who doesn't expect the two programs to be on the same field competitively, because they aren't . . . yet.

After the Oklahoma State game last fall, I remember being startled when CPR, reviewing the OSU squad's high talent level, focused on the Cowboys' O-line with his remarks. CPR said the OSU linemen were highly athletic, could move in space and block well on the flanks. Mobile, athletic O-linemen.

Later, when asked, CPR said this is the type of O-linemen we're recruiting. Even later, when the recruiting class was nearly wrapped up, CPR was asked to evaluate our O-line commitments for mobility and athleticism. CPR was enthused and adamant, saying every one of our O-line guys fit the profile.

So, even if our present day O-line is the strength of this team, it's due for a makeover. Which, to me, means we're only in the second year of a building project that will take some time before the coaches get on campus the type of players they think necessary to compete at the top level.

If everything starts up front in football (on both sides of the ball), it's gonna be awhile before the transition yields good results.

Last season's results were unexpectedly good, maybe a "false positive" in that fans believe we're positioned to take another step forward even against a tougher schedule. Not me. I'm settling in for some rough spots that will last longer than this season. The old cliche applies, I think: It ain't gonna happen overnight.

Paul Rhoads is ISU's Kirk Ferentz. But, KF had an easy time of it, comparatively. He followed ORF; the program was built, although in a slump. KF resuscitated an already powerful Capon program, breathed life into a muscular patient in a bit of medical trouble. CPR, well, his task is much greater than KF's -- assuming the foundation (DannyMac) is in place, nevertheless CPR has to build from the ground level up, brick-by-brick.

Last edited by CyValley; 09-12-2010 at 12:07 PM.
    Mankind, when left to themselves, are unfit for their own government.
    -George Washington

We, the People, are the problem. I knew it!

Addict
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176

Iowa is in year 12 of their program.... ISU is in their 20th month.

Ask some Iowa fans where KF's program was in their 20 month? If they remember anything at all, they will be able to tell you that they wanted KF fired for winning 1 game and getting their rear ends handed to them every Saturday.

ISU has a long ways to go. Starting off with an Insight Bowl victory isn't too bad of a start compared to KF winning one game. Maybe in 12 years we'll be in the top 10? Who knows? That is, if this program is still around in 12 years. That is remarkable in itself.

Addict
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 558
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 4

What's not to get? Iowa is a better football team in 2010 than ISU. Same goes for 2009. It doesn't mean the ISU football team can't still have a successful season and it certainly doesn't mean that the U of I is a better university than ISU.

Last edited by CyForPresident; 09-12-2010 at 12:56 PM.

Starter
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    Are we really 60 points worse than Iowa over the last 2 seasons? This is the same team that had to pull off countless wins last season to terrible opponents.

I saw little to no emotion out CPR yesterday. Does CPR not care for this game? How can we not recruit on DL? I mean Parker and Neal are not big enough. Agreed but not his recruits, but they do play hard though.

Is the OLine that much worse than last year? Even in a loss last season, our OLine dominated. The team is starting to feel the loss of Haughton, at 6-4 338 and very athletic he would have held his own. Personally I felt that the OL held their own in pass coverage for the most part. Run game no, again see Haughton.

Sims and LJ fighting each other? What the hell is that about? This is disturbing and Rhoads needs to get on this now, hopefully the two talked after the game and got through their issues.

Just dont get it.