Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

Fisher off the board...

Don't know if i missed this already being discussed but one of the better looking recruits i thought we had a solid shot at was Sean Fisher - the OLB from Nebraska, well he committed to big red as reported on Rivals. I really liked this kid, i think he will be an impact player for Nebraska and someone we will have to scheme against. His size and speed is very similar to a young chad greenway - too bad he verbaled with Nebraska - but, he was from Omaha so had we stolen him out from under Nebraska that would have been SWEET!!!

I still like the fact that were going after players and competing for recruits with the likes of Wisconsin, Nebraska, Oklahoma, West Virgina and other elite programs, that speaks loud and clear about our coaching staff's ability to judge talent....

Keep up the good work coaches and lets get a couple of these guys like ellington to head to Ames - the infusion of talent will be appreciated!!!!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 988
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Re: Fisher off the board...

Yeah, he committed a few days ago. it is too bad, I would have liked to have him. but he was going to nebraska, no doubt about it. but we could still steal a gem from Nebraska if we pick up this kid. I know I've posted his profile a couple times, but if you can check out his videos you would understand why.

Nick Anderson - Football Recruiting

I would take this kid over Sean Fisher

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I really think it will be hard for Gene to recruit the first couple of years, afterall he's an unproven coach in terms of head coaching experience. Hopefully we will finish at least .500 this year and maybe even beat someone we should'nt. That will open recruits eyes and give us a better opportunity to get the kids we are going after.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

You all must remember that these verbal commitments mean absolutely nothing...the only thing that counts is the signed LOI that comes in next February. If Chizik wants this guy, he will keep recruiting him until then!

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

Pro
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 839
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

isuonthemove - i agree with much of what you said, that Nick Anderson does appear to play very fast and has great size. I noticed on Rivals that he camped two weeks ago at NU and had hoped from that camp he would get an offer from NU - so far he has not... I think with the Tampa 2 a key to its success is the John Lynch type safety. If you remember when - in 2005, I loved watching our defense play when our DB backfield was Paris, Jackson, Hicks and Moser...That defense really kept us competitive in the big 12 even though our record didnt reflect it as much....I think if Moser was at ISU now in this system - he would be awesome!

Hopefully they go after Anderson - if he could be as good as moser or better, we would have a great foundation to our defensive backfield!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 988
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

This kid has the size, speed and most importantly the toughness to be great.

He will be a playmaker like Hobbs. They're a different style of DB, but definately on the same level.

I like the John Lynch similarities.