View Poll Results: Is Giambi's testifying good for MLB?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 59.09%
  • No

    6 27.27%
  • I don't care about baseball

    3 13.64%
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 48,199, Level: 67
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    sodakjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    2,799
    Points
    48,199
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Giambi to meet with Steroid Invesigators

    ESPN - Giambi agrees to meet with Mitchell investigation - MLB

    What are everyone's thoughts on this?

    Giambi has said he won't name names, and will only talk about himself during the interview. That said, I think it is admirable what he's doing. He's owning up to his mistakes, and trying to correct the damage that he thinks he's done.


    Green hills for thy throne, and for crown a golden melody/Ringing in the hearts of all who bring thee love and loyalty/Dear Alma Mater, make our spirits great
    True and valiant like the bells of I-O-WA STATE!

    And thank you Stumpy for this:

  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 145,591, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,716
    Points
    145,591
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 34

    Re: Giambi to meet with Steroid Invesigators

    Quote Originally Posted by sodakjoe View Post
    ESPN - Giambi agrees to meet with Mitchell investigation - MLB

    What are everyone's thoughts on this?

    Giambi has said he won't name names, and will only talk about himself during the interview. That said, I think it is admirable what he's doing. He's owning up to his mistakes, and trying to correct the damage that he thinks he's done.
    Giambi had no choice, Selig bullied him into it with a threat of suspension... It's not going to change anything... The owners and MLB just need to admit they made a mistake by looking the other way and move on to make sure it doesn't happen again...



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 335,469, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,736
    Points
    335,469
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 162

    Re: Giambi to meet with Steroid Invesigators

    It's all going to be scripted. The questions will be sent to him prior to the meeting. Then he gets to ****** the answers. Mike and Mike were talking about it on ESPN radio this morning. The whole thing is a complete joke.

    This isn't a meeting about steroids, it's going to be a puppet show.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 143,436, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CrossCyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,384
    Points
    143,436
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Re: Giambi to meet with Steroid Invesigators

    Giambi is a cheater, and I'd love nothing more than to see him out of the game.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 136,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    136,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Giambi to meet with Steroid Invesigators

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    It's all going to be scripted. The questions will be sent to him prior to the meeting. Then he gets to ****** the answers. Mike and Mike were talking about it on ESPN radio this morning. The whole thing is a complete joke.

    This isn't a meeting about steroids, it's going to be a puppet show.
    I would think if you're Giambis lawyer, that this is the only way you'd let it go down. Baseball is trying to shut him up and send him packing, ala Canseco. If this is the only way he'd agree to it it's better than nothing.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 136,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    136,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Giambi to meet with Steroid Invesigators

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossCyed View Post
    Giambi is a cheater, and I'd love nothing more than to see him out of the game.
    I'm assuming Bonds and Sosa fall into the same catagory? Or is his worse because he actaully told the truth ... you know like everybody says they wanted these guys to do?



  7. #7
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    bferin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    223
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Giambi to meet with Steroid Invesigators

    Quote Originally Posted by clones_jer View Post
    I'm assuming Bonds and Sosa fall into the same catagory? Or is his worse because he actaully told the truth ... you know like everybody says they wanted these guys to do?
    I'm a Yankees fan and I used to be a Giambi fan. After cheating, I don't have respect for him as a player. However, I do have some respect for him as a man in that he is owning up to his mistakes. If Giambi gets kicked out of the game, Bonds and Sosa (at least, not even going to mention the hundred other names that could be thrown into that list) should also get the boot.

    I know this hasn't come up for a while, but even players like Bonds having his name in the record book with an asterisk is a joke. He shouldn't get his name in any record books.



  8. #8
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    bferin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    223
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Giambi to meet with Steroid Invesigators

    Sorry my last reply was kind of jumbled. I have a Thermodynamics final in a half hour and was trying to get some last minute CyFan in for good luck



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 44,627, Level: 65
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mwitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,801
    Points
    44,627
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4

    Re: Giambi to meet with Steroid Invesigators

    I don't agree with the people who think what Giambi is doing is admirable. This is the first time he has officially admitted to using steroids, and it was in a statement written by his attorney. The only reason it happened is because baseball forced his hand.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 145,591, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,716
    Points
    145,591
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 34

    Re: Giambi to meet with Steroid Invesigators

    Quote Originally Posted by bferin View Post
    I'm a Yankees fan and I used to be a Giambi fan. After cheating, I don't have respect for him as a player. However, I do have some respect for him as a man in that he is owning up to his mistakes. If Giambi gets kicked out of the game, Bonds and Sosa (at least, not even going to mention the hundred other names that could be thrown into that list) should also get the boot.

    I know this hasn't come up for a while, but even players like Bonds having his name in the record book with an asterisk is a joke. He shouldn't get his name in any record books.

    So as a Yankee fan what do you think of Clemens? It seems like he has been the teflon don of the whole steroids thing... Everything said about Bonds could be said about Clemens too; He is pitching at an older age, working harder than ever and his head has grown a ton... His name gets brought up in the Grimsley case and kindly gets swept under the rug...



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 44,627, Level: 65
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mwitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,801
    Points
    44,627
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4

    Re: Giambi to meet with Steroid Invesigators

    Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    So as a Yankee fan what do you think of Clemens? It seems like he has been the teflon don of the whole steroids thing... Everything said about Bonds could be said about Clemens too; He is pitching at an older age, working harder than ever and his head has grown a ton... His name gets brought up in the Grimsley case and kindly gets swept under the rug...
    And he threw a bat at Piazza. Roid rage?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM