Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

Another 2012 target

Negus Webster-Chan
    6'6"
    175 lb
    SF/SG - will play PG/SG at Huntington Prep this winter.
    Currently 3-stars, ranked 17 for SF and 121 overall.

heís blowing up in the states after his strong play on the AAU circuit. The smooth and athletic wing can do a little bit of everything, playing four positions on the floor for his AAU team due to his killer court vision and ability to handle the rock. Negusí jumper wasnít really falling over the weekend, but we saw enough out of him to definitely feel that heís a guy high-major schools should be taking a look at.

HEARD ISU along with UNLV and Georgetown will be scouting him this weekend at Huntington Prep in W.V. (where he'll be playing this year - originally from Canada)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2NSm5OmhuU]YouTube - Negus Webster-Chan Mixtape[/ame]

I know Bill Seals did a write up about him for CR a week ago.

Played for a H.S. team in Canada and averaged 22 pts, 11reb, 7 assists as a sophomore. Will be tasked with playing PG/SG for Huntington Prep this year.
    "I like playing 1, 2, or 3, so it doesn't matter to me," said Webster-Chan. "I really improved at the point guard this summer, so that will help me a lot. I was never in a situation to play that position before, but the coach put me there this summer against great competition."

Got a lot of attention after this year's AAU circuit... says he's gonna take unofficials to ISU and Kentucky. Impressive interest list - Iowa State, Kentucky, Ohio State, UNLV, Georgetown, West Virginia, Maryland, Boston College and Pittsburgh.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,204
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 228
    Given: 47

Re: Another 2012 target

Is this an Otz recruit?

I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

Pro
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

I like the idea of a 6'6 point guard

Rookie
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 3

Iowa State was the first to offer. Last night was the start of the in-home visit season. No idea where Fred went first.

Rookie
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneG View Post
    Is this an Otz recruit?
    Yes, T.J. is lead recruiter.

I've read in one write-up where the kid mentions Otz specifically - "I didn't really get to focus on any of my recruiting (over the summer)," Webster-Chan said. "My mom has been looking at all the stuff. Eventually, I'll be getting into cutting down my list of schools and deciding. I'm going on a couple unofficial visits to see coach T.J. at Iowa State and then to Kentucky. I don't know a lot about Iowa State, but eventually we will talk about all the particulars."

All-Star
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

Quote Originally Posted by asmosis View Post
    Negus Webster-Chan
    6'6"
    175 lb

heís blowing up in the states after his strong play on the AAU circuit. The smooth and athletic wing can do a little bit of everything, playing four positions on the floor for his AAU team due to his killer court vision and ability to handle the rock. Negusí jumper wasnít really falling over the weekend, but we saw enough out of him to definitely feel that heís a guy high-major schools should be taking a look at.

HEARD ISU along with UNLV and Georgetown will be scouting him this weekend at Huntington Prep in W.V. (where he'll be playing this year - originally from Canada)

YouTube - Negus Webster-Chan Mixtape

Played for a H.S. team in Canada and averaged 22 pts, 11reb, 7 assists as a sophomore. Will be tasked with playing PG/SG for Huntington Prep this year.
    "I like playing 1, 2, or 3, so it doesn't matter to me," said Webster-Chan. "I really improved at the point guard this summer, so that will help me a lot. I was never in a situation to play that position before, but the coach put me there this summer against great competition."

Got a lot of attention after this year's AAU circuit... says he's gonna take unofficials to ISU and Kentucky. Impressive interest list - Iowa State, Kentucky, Ohio State, UNLV, Georgetown, West Virginia, Maryland, Boston College and Pittsburgh.

My nerd is showing big time here, but did anyone else laugh at his last name? The suffix -Chan is an honorific that Japanese girls and kids use to call each other. Basically, in Japanese using the "Chan" part of his name would mean you are calling him a little girl or a cute bunny.

Chan

Chan (ちゃん?) is a diminutive suffix; it expresses that the speaker finds a person endearing. Thus, using chan with a superior's name would be condescending and rude. In general, chan is used for babies, young children, and teenage girls. It may also be used towards cute animals, lovers, close friends, or any youthful woman.
    Although traditionally honorifics are not applied to oneself, some young women adopt the childish affectation of referring to themselves in the third person using chan. For example, a young woman named Kanako might call herself Kanako-chan rather than using a first person pronoun.

Japanese honorifics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Walk On
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by asmosis View Post
    Negus Webster-Chan
    6'6"
    175 lb

YouTube - Negus Webster-Chan Mixtape

Here is what you speak of!
    We will see him sunday and you always like being first!

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1120554

Making a difference everyday!

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    Iowa State was the first to offer. Last night was the start of the in-home visit season. No idea where Fred went first.
    Cannot do in homes with 2012 kids.

Rookie
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by cyismydog View Post
    Cannot do in homes with 2012 kids.

yes I understand that, my point was I wonder who Fred's priorities are right now, who does he do in-homes with this month.

Rookie
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 29

I know this is just a highlight tape, but he really seems to be that high energy guy that is all over the court with a lot of athletic ability. That is just what we need in a run and gun style of play. I really hope we land him. He and Cook would be fun to watch on the court together. I think he will be hard to pull away from some of those big programs.

Rookie
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 29

Here is another video of him. I love his energy and athletic ability. I really hope we land him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbchCsd6Ocg]YouTube - Negus Webster-Chan Highlights from Pitt Jam Fest and King James Shooting Stars Classic[/ame]