Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Game Watch Atmosphere??

Recently the last of my college buddies moved from the Des Moines area and that has left me without a group of people to watch ISU games with. So I stumbled across CF, randomly read some post over my lunch break, and learned about the upcoming game watch at The Ridgemont.

So, my question is, how is the atmosphere at the game watch and how awkward would it be for a solo person? If I'd end up sitting at the bar with a beer by myself I might as well get a six pack and watch the game with my wife and kid.

So what do you all think?

P.S. - Senaca Wallace.

P.S.S. - Troy Davis!?!

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 597
    Given: 301

Re: Game Watch Atmosphere??

I went 3 gamewatches in Chicago last year, by myself. Nobody cares you are alone, I talked to quite a few people and held some good convo. Everybody is there for one purpose, to watch ISU, so it's not like its a nice, quiet sit down "couples only" type outing. You'll have fun whether you are by yourself or with your friends. Seneca Wallace.

When Prepared, Fear No One.

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 2

I recently moved to Waterloo since graduating, and decided to go to the ISUAA Club of Blackhawk County Gamewatch at Beck's Sports Brewery here in town (Cedar Falls, whatever). I was very disappointed. There were like 10 people there, and of course that ONE ********* decked out in Iowa gear. Kind of a pathetic atmosphere.

So if anybody knows of a particular place in the area where a more substantial number of cyclone fans would be for this weekend's game, let me know! Or if you think that my experience was simply due to it being a weeknight and just the first game of the season.

Addict
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 2

Watching the game anywhere with Cyclone fans is better than watching alone.

Seneca Wallace.

Legend
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 597
    Given: 301

Quote Originally Posted by Skyh13 View Post
    I recently moved to Waterloo since graduating, and decided to go to the ISUAA Club of Blackhawk County Gamewatch at Beck's Sports Brewery here in town (Cedar Falls, whatever). I was very disappointed. There were like 10 people there, and of course that ONE ********* decked out in Iowa gear. Kind of a pathetic atmosphere.

So if anybody knows of a particular place in the area where a more substantial number of cyclone fans would be for this weekend's game, let me know! Or if you think that my experience was simply due to it being a weeknight and just the first game of the season.
    I'm assuming you are talking about the ISU/NIU game last week? If yes, then it was probably because it was a home game and you live in Iowa where it's easier to get to a game. So, most people that would originally be at the gamewatch were probably at the game. I would imagine there are a lot more people there for away games, especially ones that are outside of the state.
    Over here the gamewatches were always packed, 70-100 people for regular games, and easily 100+ for the Iowa game, that's probably because most of us over here can't make it to the games.

Picking the right gamewatch location has a lot to do with where the game is at and who we are playing. Good luck!

When Prepared, Fear No One.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 419
    Given: 122

My brother did one of the Twin City gamewatches last week and said it was a lot of fun. It was a good crowd, and since he's new to the area, he got a chance to chat with some other ISU alums up that way. He spent some time in Fort Collins, and hit a couple ISU game watches in Denver. He said for the Iowa/ISU game, the line at the Denver Sports Column was gigantic, and it was rowdy as hell inside.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Walk On
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Skyh13 View Post

I own Legends Sports Pub in waterloo. I am a huge Cyclone fan, but we are kind of a Hawk bar (can't get enough Cyclone fans around here to pay bills, let alone ISU Club) anyway, it will be about 70% Hok and 30% Cyclones, but we have mostly a good group of people and we will be packed 3 hours before gametime. Could always use more Clones. If you stop in, ask for Darin and tell my staff you are from CF and I'll get ya some beer and wings on the house to get ya started.