Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 352

Fantasy advise

Now before I get crap about not having a very good team let me pre-face this with the fact that it is a 14 team league. So none of the teams are solid at all positions.

My question is who should I start at my 3rd reciever. Up until now I had Derrick Mason for that. Now that the Ravens aquired TJ Whosyourmomma, I think he will be their 3rd reciever. Add that to the fact they are going up against the Jets week 1, and I don't want to start him any more.

It is a PPR league, with one point per reception. Also the player gets points for return yards.

Here are my other options, who would you start:

Jacoby Jones vs Ind. - should get some return yards with him too, and may be the sleeper I'm looking for, but still unproven

Golden Tate vs SF - Rookie, I'm likely to drop him when something better comes along unless he tears it up and surprises me

Mike Williams (TB) vs Cle - I really think he might turn in to a decent option too, but once again unproven.

Danny Amendola vs Ari - He should get all the return yards along with being the no. 2 option. Right now it's between him and Jones, and I'm giving Jones the slight edge.

What do you all think?

All-Star
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 14

Re: Fantasy advise

Jacoby. Houston's pass offense is one of the best in the league. Rams have a rookie starting at QB.

Pro
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneGB View Post
    Jacoby. Houston's pass offense is one of the best in the league. Rams have a rookie starting at QB.
    True but that rookie has taken a liking to a certain WR on my team. Also, the only reason I was considering him was because he would likely get more return yards.

I'm 90% sure I'm gonna go with Jones, I just thought I should point out why I was having that dilema.

All-Star
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by peteypie View Post
    True but that rookie has taken a liking to a certain WR on my team. Also, the only reason I was considering him was because he would likely get more return yards.

I'm 90% sure I'm gonna go with Jones, I just thought I should point out why I was having that dilema.
    Yeah I understand. Doesn't Jones get almost all the return yards too? Or does he not return punts? I am not sure what Houston's depth chart looks like but I could see Jones starting over Kevin Walter soon if he isn't already (by all accounts this preseason he has looked much better than Walter). And anybody lined up opposite of Andre Johnson is sure to get a lot of good looks.

All-Star
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 16

Now before I get crap about not having a very good team let me pre-face this with the fact that it is a 14 team league. So none of the teams are solid at all positions.

My question is who should I start at my 3rd reciever. Up until now I had Derrick Mason for that. Now that the Ravens aquired TJ Whosyourmomma, I think he will be their 3rd reciever. Add that to the fact they are going up against the Jets week 1, and I don't want to start him any more.

It is a PPR league, with one point per reception. Also the player gets points for return yards.

Jacoby Jones vs Ind. - should get some return yards with him too, and may be the sleeper I'm looking for, but still unproven

Golden Tate vs SF - Rookie, I'm likely to drop him when something better comes along unless he tears it up and surprises me

Mike Williams (TB) vs Cle - I really think he might turn in to a decent option too, but once again unproven.

Danny Amendola vs Ari - He should get all the return yards along with being the no. 2 option. Right now it's between him and Jones, and I'm giving Jones the slight edge.

What do you all think?
    I take the risk w/ Mike williams. He is the #1 WR. Put up consistant numbers all throughout preseason against starters etc.

'00 Grad
    "Can I borrow your towel, my car just hit a water buffalo" Erwin Fletcher

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneGB View Post
    Yeah I understand. Doesn't Jones get almost all the return yards too? Or does he not return punts? I am not sure what Houston's depth chart looks like but I could see Jones starting over Kevin Walter soon if he isn't already (by all accounts this preseason he has looked much better than Walter). And anybody lined up opposite of Andre Johnson is sure to get a lot of good looks.
    He will get a lot of return yards. But Amendola had twice as many as him last year. I think Jones is more of a homerun threat, but Amendola may be the safer bet for week 1. No word yet if he will be starting over Walter or not. But he has looked better than him in the preseason, and even if he isn't labelled as the starter, he will likely see more snaps than Walter.......I think I'm talking myself into solidifing the decision to go with Jones.

Pro
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 900
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by shildreth View Post
    I take the risk w/ Mike williams. He is the #1 WR. Put up consistant numbers all throughout preseason against starters etc.
    Agree with this. highest upside, but the same amount of risk as everyone else on your list.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by azn4cy View Post
    Agree with this. highest upside, but the same amount of risk as everyone else on your list.
    I really do have high hopes for him later on in the year. I kind of just want to take the wait and see approach on all these guys. Maybe by week 4 he will be my Sims-Walker from last year and solidify a WR3 spot.

Basically because it is so shallow in a 14 team league I tried to take high risk/high reward type of guys and hope 1 or 2 of them turn out. Williams and Jones are the two that I think have the best shot at turning into solid starters.

Pro
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 900
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I really do have high hopes for him later on in the year. I kind of just want to take the wait and see approach on all these guys. Maybe by week 4 he will be my Sims-Walker from last year and solidify a WR3 spot.

Basically because it is so shallow in a 14 team league I tried to take high risk/high reward type of guys and hope 1 or 2 of them turn out. Williams and Jones are the two that I think have the best shot at turning into solid starters.
    From all reports Mike Williams is looking legit. A bunch of reporters who attended TB camp are saying he will be in the RoY race.

Addict
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 959
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 2

J. Jones.

The end

Legend
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 78

This Amendola guy is on the Rams I take it?
    Anyways the Rams just got Mark Clayton form the Ravens and I would assume that he would take the #1 receiver spot, which means, you probably shouldn't start Amendola.

Pro
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Jacoby Jones without a doubt. He will be their number 2 receiver soon.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 257

What do you all think?
    I think you a little light on the star power.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I think you a little light on the star power.
    So you didn't read the part about a 14 team league and this is for my 3rd WR spot.

I have Greg Jennings and Hines Ward ahead of them, and I'm set at TE and RB. If you think that any team in a 14 team league is not light on star power somewhere, then I think you are a little light on knowledge.

Pro
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,059
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 2

deffinitely jacoby jones. he might be a better option than kevin walter. he will get his looks, especially this week where you can expect them to have a shootout with the colts