Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71

Thread: Dreams

  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 89,571, Level: 93
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,679
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    coolerifyoudid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    KC
    Posts
    5,817
    Points
    89,571
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,522
    Given: 6,287

    Dreams

    I'm going through one of my stretches where I remember my dreams every night. I'm almost always being chased or missing a final exam.

    Last night was really odd. I was helping a woman escape her pursuers. The weirdest thing was that the dream played out like a movie. There were different angles, an occassional close-up, just about everything except credits and a score.

    Normally, I usually remember my dreams like I'm watching them from a stationary camera. This was like Scorsese took over.

    I'm foregoing therapy for CF.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 357,137, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    21,280
    Points
    357,137
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,933
    Given: 13,102

    Re: Dreams

    Clearly you will be in the looney bin within a month. It was good knowing you...


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 158,629, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    11,142
    Points
    158,629
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 728
    Given: 483

    Re: Dreams

    It took around 5 years after graduation for me to stop having the 'late for final' and 'going to class with no pants' dreams/nightmares. Now it's pretty much the same except work instead of school. And I can go to work with no pants because I work in my basement:)



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 59,141, Level: 75
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Firefighter4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Stuart
    Posts
    2,309
    Points
    59,141
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 741
    Given: 1,463

    Re: Dreams

    How old was the woman?


    .wife {
    right: 100%;
    margin: 0%;
    }

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 89,571, Level: 93
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,679
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    coolerifyoudid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    KC
    Posts
    5,817
    Points
    89,571
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,522
    Given: 6,287

    Re: Dreams

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter4Cy View Post
    How old was the woman?
    Mid 20's.



  6. #6
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 5,153, Level: 21
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    NenoFone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    248
    Points
    5,153
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 12

    Re: Dreams

    I've been out of school over 30 years and still get a dream where I'm in the dorms but have bought no books and have no idea what my class schedule is.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 59,141, Level: 75
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Firefighter4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Stuart
    Posts
    2,309
    Points
    59,141
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 741
    Given: 1,463

    Re: Dreams

    http://www.myislamicdream.com/saving_woman_life.html


    Woman Dream Explanation — (Beads; Garden; Glass; Pearls; Ribs; Silver; World) A beautiful looking woman in a dream represents a year of comfort, peace and prosperity. A woman in a dream also represents a coffer, one's store, or his hiding place. A woman in a dream also represents the earth, the world or a graveyard, for one returns to it after that he comes out of it. A woman in a dream also represents a prison, a confidant, a tree, a well, an inkwell, a house, or a partner who shares wealth and pleasure with the husband. Seeing a beautiful woman entering one's house in a dream means joy and happiness, money that will not last, or the reversal of one's condition from harsh to amiable. A fat woman in a dream represents a prosperous year. Seeing an unknown woman in a dream has better connotations than seeing a woman one knows. A young woman in a dream represents an enemy. An old woman in a dream represents the world. If one sees his wife looking like a man in a dream, she then represents his grandfather, or she could represent prosperity for that family. If one sees his wife carrying him in a dream, it means that he may fall sick, or perhaps that he may become rich. Seeing a female of unknown species in a dream means loss of money. If one sees his wife getting married to someone else in a dream, it means that he may deviate from Allah's path, then repent for his sin. A woman in a dream also represents wealth, the world, a farm, pleasures or authority, for a wife governs the needs of her husband and controls his life in one way or another. If a woman sees her crown stolen in a dream, it means the death of her husband. If a woman sees her head shaved in a dream, it means divorce, or it could mean the death of her husband. (Also see Belt; Crown; Glass bottle; Glass; Gray hair; Ribs; Silver; Vat; Women)

    Young woman Dream Explanation — (Teenage girl) A young girl in a dream represents an enemy however she may look. Seeing a well dressed and pleasingly adorned young woman in a dream means hearing pleasing news coming from an unexpected person. Seeing a young and a beautiful looking female servant in a dream means blessings, a favor, joy and festivities. In a dream, seeing an unknown young girl is more advantageous than seeing a known one. The strongest in meaning are those teenage girls who are presentable, well mannered and beautifully dressed. If she is seen dressed with modesty in the dream, then she represents goodness, chastity, discreteness, and following the correct religious conduct. If she adorns herself and plays up her charms in the dream, then such goodness will be public. If a young girl sees herself as an old woman in a dream, it means that she will live with modesty and preserve her chastity. If an old woman sees herself turned young again in the dream, it means regaining her strength, sexual desire and fertility. If she engages in lawful sexual intercourse in marriage, it denotes strong religious adherence. If she engages in sexual intercourse with someone without marriage in the dream, then her dream represents her love for the world and attachment to its glitters. If one sees an old woman turned young in a dream, then the above explanation becomes stronger. However, if one is poor, it means that her basic needs will be secured. If one has lost her chances in this world, it means that she will have a new opportunity, or if she is sick, it means that she will recover from her illness. Seeing a young girl frowning in a dream means that one may hear disturbing news. If she looks emaciated, then one's dream denotes poverty. If she is naked in the dream, it means business losses and defamation. Marrying a virgin teenage girl in a dream means wealth. (Also see Little girl)


    .wife {
    right: 100%;
    margin: 0%;
    }

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 89,571, Level: 93
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,679
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    coolerifyoudid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    KC
    Posts
    5,817
    Points
    89,571
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,522
    Given: 6,287

    Re: Dreams

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    Clearly you will be in the looney bin within a month. It was good knowing you...
    Well that's a first for me. New signature!



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 188,153, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,717
    Points
    188,153
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,627
    Given: 19,580

    Re: Dreams

    I quit having the late for final nightmare finally when I started worrying about my kids being late for finals.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 47,572, Level: 67
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 778
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,767
    Points
    47,572
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 372
    Given: 177

    Re: Dreams

    Quote Originally Posted by NenoFone View Post
    I've been out of school over 30 years and still get a dream where I'm in the dorms but have bought no books and have no idea what my class schedule is.
    It's strange that so many people have the same dream. I'm pushing 40 and still have that dream, too.


    I am a patient boy. I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait...
    http://www.mapcon.com/US-EN/CMMS-Software

  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 415,715, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,047
    Points
    415,715
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,467
    Given: 2,539

    Re: Dreams

    I dreamed last night that my daughter and I were being chased so I picked her up and spiderman'd up to the top of a building to get away.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 89,571, Level: 93
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,679
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    coolerifyoudid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    KC
    Posts
    5,817
    Points
    89,571
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,522
    Given: 6,287

    Re: Dreams

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter4Cy View Post
    http://www.myislamicdream.com/saving_woman_life.html


    Woman Dream Explanation — (Beads; Garden; Glass; Pearls; Ribs; Silver; World) A beautiful looking woman in a dream represents a year of comfort, peace and prosperity. A woman in a dream also represents a coffer, one's store, or his hiding place. A woman in a dream also represents the earth, the world or a graveyard, for one returns to it after that he comes out of it. A woman in a dream also represents a prison, a confidant, a tree, a well, an inkwell, a house, or a partner who shares wealth and pleasure with the husband. Seeing a beautiful woman entering one's house in a dream means joy and happiness, money that will not last, or the reversal of one's condition from harsh to amiable. A fat woman in a dream represents a prosperous year. Seeing an unknown woman in a dream has better connotations than seeing a woman one knows. A young woman in a dream represents an enemy. An old woman in a dream represents the world. If one sees his wife looking like a man in a dream, she then represents his grandfather, or she could represent prosperity for that family. If one sees his wife carrying him in a dream, it means that he may fall sick, or perhaps that he may become rich. Seeing a female of unknown species in a dream means loss of money. If one sees his wife getting married to someone else in a dream, it means that he may deviate from Allah's path, then repent for his sin. A woman in a dream also represents wealth, the world, a farm, pleasures or authority, for a wife governs the needs of her husband and controls his life in one way or another. If a woman sees her crown stolen in a dream, it means the death of her husband. If a woman sees her head shaved in a dream, it means divorce, or it could mean the death of her husband. (Also see Belt; Crown; Glass bottle; Glass; Gray hair; Ribs; Silver; Vat; Women)

    Young woman Dream Explanation — (Teenage girl) A young girl in a dream represents an enemy however she may look. Seeing a well dressed and pleasingly adorned young woman in a dream means hearing pleasing news coming from an unexpected person. Seeing a young and a beautiful looking female servant in a dream means blessings, a favor, joy and festivities. In a dream, seeing an unknown young girl is more advantageous than seeing a known one. The strongest in meaning are those teenage girls who are presentable, well mannered and beautifully dressed. If she is seen dressed with modesty in the dream, then she represents goodness, chastity, discreteness, and following the correct religious conduct. If she adorns herself and plays up her charms in the dream, then such goodness will be public. If a young girl sees herself as an old woman in a dream, it means that she will live with modesty and preserve her chastity. If an old woman sees herself turned young again in the dream, it means regaining her strength, sexual desire and fertility. If she engages in lawful sexual intercourse in marriage, it denotes strong religious adherence. If she engages in sexual intercourse with someone without marriage in the dream, then her dream represents her love for the world and attachment to its glitters. If one sees an old woman turned young in a dream, then the above explanation becomes stronger. However, if one is poor, it means that her basic needs will be secured. If one has lost her chances in this world, it means that she will have a new opportunity, or if she is sick, it means that she will recover from her illness. Seeing a young girl frowning in a dream means that one may hear disturbing news. If she looks emaciated, then one's dream denotes poverty. If she is naked in the dream, it means business losses and defamation. Marrying a virgin teenage girl in a dream means wealth. (Also see Little girl)
    I was really hoping you were going to say it was a premonition. She was hot and I was pretty bad-***** in the dream.



  13. #13
    Recruit
    Points: 2,077, Level: 12
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    DIRustCohle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ville Platte
    Posts
    94
    Points
    2,077
    Level
    12
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 15

    Re: Dreams

    I graduated from ISU 20 years ago and still have dreams about school. Not about a missed final, but about 1 class that I know I have been missing, and I have no idea where it is, what time it is, or anything about it.

    The crumbled, falling out teeth one is common also I hear. I have had that in the past, but not in the past few years.

    I have been having a string of strange ones the last two weeks, was just telling someone about them. They are pretty violent, graphic, disturbing dreams, the kind that you would normally wake up to. But in my dream, I'm like meh, whatever. When I do wake up from them in the morning, I feel guilty for not being more upset or disturbed by them, than I am.


    Getting broken down over time but still fueling the fire and keeping it hot

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 467,298, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    70,964
    Points
    467,298
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,380
    Given: 2,181

    Re: Dreams

    Quote Originally Posted by coolerifyoudid View Post
    I'm going through one of my stretches where I remember my dreams every night. I'm almost always being chased or missing a final exam.

    Last night was really odd. I was helping a woman escape her pursuers. The weirdest thing was that the dream played out like a movie. There were different angles, an occassional close-up, just about everything except credits and a score.

    Normally, I usually remember my dreams like I'm watching them from a stationary camera. This was like Scorsese took over.

    I'm foregoing therapy for CF.
    So subconciously, you want to be a director?


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Hallice, Brady, Stu, Lard, Naz, Deonte, Monte, Matt, Simeon, Jordan, and Babb.

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Points: 16,283, Level: 38
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    ISUKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    458
    Points
    16,283
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 124

    Re: Dreams

    The dreams I have most often are needing to scream but nothing more than a whisper comes out, or needing to run and no matter how hard I try, its like i'm running in water



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM