I thought we were slipping when I didn't see a game day thread first thing this morning. Good job for getting one started. Another opportunity to work out the bugs. Not the best time to be traveling, so the main thing is that they get there and back safely.
Why are we playing this team on the road?
2. Close to Iowa.
3. KC has the one of the largest ISU alumni populations in the nation.
4. Help to get us in future CBE classic tourney's
5. Students are currently gone good time to play road games when home attendance won't be good.
7. UMKC will be coming to Hilton the next two years.
6. Because the Big 12 tournament has given this arena in particular the moniker "Hilton South".
5. Lots of ISU alums in KC
4. The travel record or ISU fans to KC for the Big 12 tournament.
3. An excuse for ISU fans from up north to get a warm-up at the P&L District before March.
2. The added bonus for those fans to see the Plaza Lights that are not on in March.
1. A good showing could go a long way with the CBE folks in inviting ISU to their pre-season tournament at the Sprint Center sometime in the future
It was 25 years ago today Lafester Rhodes scored a school-record 54 points in an 102-100 overtime win over Iowa.
---Courtesy of Iowa State Men's Basketball - Facebook
How about a nice anniversary repeat? :jimlad:
Fun Fact: Georges played AAU basketball through the 8th grade with UMKC player John Burke.
Where is the best place to park for the game tonight and how much does it cost?
I'll be there tonight. Looking for a blow-out CYCLONE WIN! GO STATE!
Early, I know, but anyone expect a Firstrowsports link for this one?
I'm happy this is on the road. Good for KC Cyclones, but more importantly, this team needs all the practice it can get away from Hilton Coliseum before conference season. Far from road dogs yet.
Municipal Auditorium, 301 West 13th Street, Kansas City, MO
This is where the game is at. I've heard that some ISU Alumni is just parking ($2) at Johnny's Bar (they have a parking garage below) and just walking over to the old Municipal. Just a couple of blocks away.
I'm actually downtown KC right now for work. I am close to The Quaff (Bar) on Broadway. I'm planning on hitting that before the game. It has an old Lumpy's - Cy's Roost feel for a bar.
There will be pre and post game events at Johnny's in P&L they will be having 1/2 apps for anyone with a ticket. It's about 3 or 4 blocks from Municipal and parking in the ramps there are $2.