All-Inclusive Trip

agardini

Nov 12, 2009
The wife and I did 8 nights in the Dominican in December for $2800, flight, resort and transportation. We stayed at the majestic colonial, not the newest resort, but was still nice.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
The wife and I did 8 nights in the Dominican in December for $2800, flight, resort and transportation. We stayed at the majestic colonial, not the newest resort, but was still nice.
Did you fly out of Des Moines?

yez

Feb 17, 2010
Austin, Texas
Bumping this old thread. Is it possible to get an all-inclusive deal for two people and keep it under $2000.00? If so, where would you suggest. The Virgin Islands would be nice since we wouldn't need to worry about a passport, but that really isn't that big of a deal.

My girlfriend and I just booked 5 nights at Fairmont in Riviera Maya for $2,400, all inclusive.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
2k is doable, but probably only in mexico. 2,500-3,000 is very likely for a 7 days.
Most places in riviera mays are similar, but not the same. Need to do homework on the on site restaurants, booze, etc.
Orbitz and other sites will give you just as good a deal as apple vacations.
Spend the extra $20 and get 1 way private vehicle to your resort. Sooo worth it.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Wondering the same thing. I'd like to get away for 4-7 days before spring gets here but really don't want to spend more than 17-18 hundred for 2.
Go to expedia and search Cancun. They are the cheapest all inclusive and all really nice. We stayed in the great parrinessus or something like that for that price for 6 days 7 nights and it was awesome

All have multiple places to eat and multiple bars. And the bartenders there are paid better than doctors.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
This is quite timely. Wife and I are looking to plan a trip this year. Some destinations we are considering:

- Jamaica: honeymooned in Negril (Couples) and loved it
- Mexico: really open to anything as long as it's a place that partners with the airport for "safe" transportation to and from; we went to Moon Palace a long time ago (before we were married)
- Costa Rica: have always wanted to go; heard it's awesome
- Panama
- Have even considered South Pacific
- Would really like to go Cuba, but still too many restrictions, and have heard they just don't have the infrastructure yet

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
We usually find condos and eat two meals a day and buy most of our booze. If you don't need a bunch of night life you can go significantly cheaper than an all inclusive.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Good to know, thanks everyone. I guess I'll have to make more realistic expectations. With that in mind, would the Dominican be the place to look for cheaper options?

Really depends what you want. Right now DR is probably one of the cheaper places, but sometimes you get what you pay for. Look in the Cancun area. Flights seem to be cheaper and many all inclusive resorts at all price ranges. There are always deals just need to search to find them..

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
My SO and I went to Riveira Maya in Feb for $2100 for 5 days, 4 nights. We flew out of Chicago (so had to add on hotel the night before) on a Monday (tickets are supposedly cheaper on Mon-Wed). Once I picked a week, I watched Apple Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, and Cheap Caribbean until I found a place that was a good price and had good reviews. Ended up at Bahia Principe Sian Kaan and had an awesome time!

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
This is quite timely. Wife and I are looking to plan a trip this year. Some destinations we are considering:

- Mexico: really open to anything as long as it's a place that partners with the airport for "safe" transportation to and from; we went to Moon Palace a long time ago (before we were married)
- Panama
- Would really like to go Cuba, but still too many restrictions, and have heard they just don't have the infrastructure yet

We just got back from Costa Rica last week. It was a great trip!

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Bumping this old thread. Is it possible to get an all-inclusive deal for two people and keep it under $2000.00? If so, where would you suggest. The Virgin Islands would be nice since we wouldn't need to worry about a passport, but that really isn't that big of a deal.
I have a trip to Cancun for 5 nights in June for two people that is less than $2000. Booked it through Expedia. Flight is out of Des Moines. We booked it back in January though.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio

- Panama

Bora Bora- it's expensive and an 8hr flight from LA. It was the most beautiful place I've ever been. We stayed in an over the water bungalow at the Sofitel.

Bonaire- its a Dutch run island by Venezuala. Fantastic beaches and reefs, and not overrun by tourism. I was there 15yr ago for work and loved it. Not sure how much flights and hotels are there but food/booze was top shelf and very affordable. The locals were really nice as well.

Reactions: enisthemenace

StevieISU23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2007
Urbandale
Fall is nearly always cheaper (Sept-Nov)
I just ran prices on Funjet.com
7 nights Sat-Sat
Playa Del Carmen/Cancun
Flight from Des Moines

Lower End, but still All-Inclusive on the Beach, on a nice beach in Mexico $1,036.00 per person
A little nicer, AI, on the Beach (I've been here twice, No complaints) $1,075.00 per person
Next Level Up $1,203.00 per person
Next Tier $1500.00 per person
High End $2000.00 per person.

Schfinkter

Dec 3, 2008
Dandy's House
Stayed at Secrets Aura in Cozumel in December. 2 of us for 7 days/6 nights, flights out of DSM and transportation and it was $3,000. The year before we went to Secrets Silversands in Cancun for 7 days/6 nights, flights out of DSM and transportation and it was $3,500. Secrets Silversands was well worth the extra $500. We are planning on going back there next March.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

- Panama
One of the more unique and not ridiculously touristy islands I've been to is Grenada. Connected thru Charlotte to get there and back. Laid back, clean, safe. I really enjoyed it.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Thanks for the Cancun suggestions! Looking on Expedia, there appear to be a few places in the price range I'm wanting

Help Support Us

Become a patron