CF Trip to Milwaukee

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
So, if we have to buy tickets on our own (per Gray on Twitter)...

If I buy session 2 on NCAA website, it says 1st and 2nd rounds. Does that cover us if we win?

Also what is session 3? They are selling tickets for that.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

If I buy session 2 on NCAA website, it says 1st and 2nd rounds. Does that cover us if we win?

Session 1 and 2 are the Thursday games. Session 3 will be the winners of those games on Saturday.

Reactions: cyIclSoneU

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Can you pick me up in South Bend, IN? Please.

You should check the South Shore times and route to see if they hook up with train from Chicago to Milwaukee, the Hiawatha I think. I wouldn't want to deal with the tri-state certain times of day you might be going.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Is any one else thinking a ticket could be scalped from people who might have bought locally around Milwaukee vs. going ahead now and purchasing the extreme nosebleed that are still available?

coyoteclone

Jan 7, 2009
Is any one else thinking a ticket could be scalped from people who might have bought locally around Milwaukee vs. going ahead now and purchasing the extreme nosebleed that are still available?
There will be hundreds, if not thousands of tickets for sale at the venue.....however, be very careful of where you buy and from whom. I speak from experience:-(

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
I have two tickets for sale for the Thursday game. Bought and can not go. They are posted in the ticket exchange.
There will be hundreds, if not thousands of tickets for sale at the venue.....however, be very careful of where you buy and from whom. I speak from experience:-(

I have two tickets for sale posted in the ticket exchange. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Totally agree with coyoteclone, be careful. There are a lot of fakes and they are not easy to detect.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Would you rather?

A) Stay downtown at a great location or

B) Stay 8 miles away and save $100-$200 per person (over 3 nights)

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I'm guessing if they are considering a bus trip, they want to save $100-$200. I know that I would. If I wasn't as concerned about money I drive myself and stay downtown.

That has been my feel on these bus trips too. The only thing you are gaining is being around Cyclones the whole time, not having to drive yourself and not having to deal with parking. Pass that unless he is getting a considerable block discount on rooms or tickets there isn't much there for me IMO.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Would you rather?

A) Stay downtown at a great location or

B) Stay 8 miles away and save $100-$200 per person (over 3 nights)

If not $200 more per night .. so ($200 more for all 3 nights), my vote would be great location downtown. Actually ...doesn't matter as long as it's a safe area where one can walk around to visit restaurants/bars/shops etc.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016

Session 1 is Butler-Winthrop and Minnesota-Middle Tennessee State.

Session 2 is Purdue-Vermont and Iowa State-Nevada.

Session 3 is on Saturday and will be both games featuring the winners of those four games above.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Difference in double occupancy is $200 total (not per night) per person. So $400 per couple.

Difference if you stay 4 to a room is only $100 total (not per night) per person.

Both locations are good. 1 is just in a GREAT area downtown where all the bars are. Other is outside downtown but near a mall/restaurants.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron