Questions about B12 tix

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Since I've failed miserably at getting the fam down to a game at Hilton this year, I'm considering making the trip to KC and have a few questions. I haven't been to the Big 12 tournament since the Kemper days so I'm basically a rookie.

What's the best route to go for tix? I know a lot is dependent on whether we're in the same session as KU (looking good at the moment) but am I better off going to Stubhub or seeing what the scalpers are doing? How much over face value should I plan on paying? If by some act of God ISU would lose, bite my tongue I know, does the market completely fall out of bed or is it ok as long as KU is still in it?

Sorry if this should be in the ticket forum. Move if needed. TIA for any help.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
Since I've failed miserably at getting the fam down to a game at Hilton this year, I'm considering making the trip to KC and have a few questions. I haven't been to the Big 12 tournament since the Kemper days so I'm basically a rookie.

What's the best route to go for tix? I know a lot is dependent on whether we're in the same session as KU (looking good at the moment) but am I better off going to Stubhub or seeing what the scalpers are doing? How much over face value should I plan on paying? If by some act of God ISU would lose, bite my tongue I know, does the market completely fall out of bed or is it ok as long as KU is still in it?

Prices will drop pretty significantly if ISU loses. I had to get rid of a couple last year for the semis and I couldn't find a Scalper's willing to give more than 15 for them. I didn't spend more than 5 minutes looking though so maybe I could have done better.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Go Wednesday and try to buy the remaining strip from someone inside the stadium whose team just lost. There will be scalpers all over the place trying to get their tickets as soon as they walk out the door.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
I like to buy my tickets before going to KC. There are some reasonable prices if you shop a little. Usually find my best deals from other fans that are selling.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

All I've got to say is, "good luck". Of the many sporting events we attend, this tournament and getting tickets has to be the biggest hassle ever.

• Agree
Reactions: 83Clone

CyAg

May 22, 2006
So, seems appropriate, I have 2 lowers in the ISU section (all session) for Cyclones only.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
Out of curiosity anyone on here buy tickets outside the arena before the semis 2013-2015? Kind of curious what the market is like for the nose bleeds when ISU and Kansas are still in. Is it possible to get in for under $100/ticket?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Out of curiosity anyone on here buy tickets outside the arena before the semis 2013-2015? Kind of curious what the market is like for the nose bleeds when ISU and Kansas are still in. Is it possible to get in for under $100/ticket?

I went two years ago and it wasn't possible to get in for under $100 per ticket through scalpers or Stubhub. But we waited closer to game time and got in for $60 in the lower section for the first two games. If you are prepared NOT to go if you can't find tickets, you can usually find a fan (not a scalper) and get in for reasonable prices. At least in my experience there.