Awesome win, but...

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Lol you guys are nuts. I am enjoying the win, but it's one win. I want us to do things that increase our chance of winning. Baylor had a decent chance at taking us to over time. There were ways that could have eliminated that (Made free throws would of been simpler). Lets say Baylor got a shot that goes in 20% of the time at the end. Had Monte missed the free throw, they would of had less than 5%.

I would take the 20% that I could still correct in O.T vs the 5% I am dead in the water on if it happens

• Agree
Reactions: chuckd4735

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I won't bag on the OP, but I think you have to get the 3 point lead. A crazy wild shot is better only tying us than beating us.
Wow a response that doesn't tell me to just enjoy a win instead of analyze it. Thanks! To me, it seems like it would be a hell of a lot harder to make a three from under the other hoop to win, than do the Hail Mary pass that they did to tie.

Reactions: mj4cy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wow a response that doesn't tell me to just enjoy a win instead of analyze it. Thanks! To me, it seems like it would be a hell of a lot harder to make a three from under the other hoop to win, than do the Hail Mary pass that they did to tie.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

Guessing most of us are happy you're not drawing up the plays.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
This almost never happens...

NCAAM
Green banks in 75-footer to beat first-half buzzer.

With the first half winding down, Devonte Green heaves up the shot from 75 feet away and banks it in to cap off a 22-0 run for Indiana in the most spectacular of fashions.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Wait we are complaining about whether Monte should miss on purpose a free throw shot to make it a lock to not lose on a last sec shot vs. us not defending the 3 line 3 times in the last min?

• Agree
Reactions: cypack747

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
The last 1.4 seconds couldn't have been managed any worse. After Monte missed the first free throw, we should have called a timeout and told him to miss the next one. They had no timeouts, and would have needed a full court heave to win. If we didn't do that, we should have fouled the ever living **** out of Motley on the hail mary pass to him. It would have put him on the line with a 1 and 1 with 1.4 seconds left. I know I'm knit picking here, but that's the kind of stuff the will cost someone in the tournament.

The way Baylor was getting offensive rebounds, fouling might not have been the best option. I can just see it.....Motley makes first, misses second, ball bounces his direction........Motley puts it back in and is fouled. Motley makes free throw. Baylor wins.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
tenor.gif

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
What bothers me more is not the content of the OP (even though I strongly disagree). What bothers me is that this thread was posted just an hour and a half after the win. JFC.

• Agree
Reactions: Psiclone

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Lol you guys are nuts. I am enjoying the win, but it's one win. I want us to do things that increase our chance of winning. Baylor had a decent chance at taking us to over time. There were ways that could have eliminated that (Made free throws would of been simpler). Lets say Baylor got a shot that goes in 20% of the time at the end. Had Monte missed the free throw, they would of had less than 5%.
Just give it a rest already. We've won 5 straight and are playing our best basketball of the season. I'm glad I'm not you because you sound like you hate life. Either that, or you just love finding reasons to complain because you love the attention.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyched

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
The OP is taking a lot of grief, but I agree that Monte should have missed the second free throw intentionally.

It also would have been nice if Solomon or Monte would have just made one of the previous three. Still an awesome win and I have zero complaints.

What would have been nice was if Solomon wouldn't have had to take those two FTs. Bear hugging a guy before the ball is even ready to play should be the definition of an intentional foul.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
If anything, we should have been soaking up time by making reach in fouls with around 30 seconds to go since we had so many to use up. But.... no big deal because we won and Baylor as destroyed.