Fernstrom

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
There is prob more to the situation than we will ever know. It definitely would have been nice to have her in the cardinal n gold. I'm sure the emergence of burkhall & the fact bowe was transferring in affected her decision.

The point I want to make is maybe she was not as good for Minnie as I thought she'd be. I always thought we lost something big with her abandonment of Iowa State. But seeing how she is now doing at Minnie, maybe, she was not as big a loss as I first believed..

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
The point I want to make is maybe she was not as good for Minnie as I thought she'd be. I always thought we lost something big with her abandonment of Iowa State. But seeing how she is now doing at Minnie, maybe, she was not as big a loss as I first believed..

Thought I saw where Minnie coach said something like when she starts working harder in practice she will get minutes. If that was the same situation at ISU that could explain Burkhall moving in front of her in the starting rotation. The difference is BF did not call her out publicly for it.

Psyclone

Mar 18, 2006
Oakland>Ames>Cedar Rapids
My recollection is that Fernstrom had a nice shot and occupied a lot of space, but didn't move very well. No doubt about it, It hurt when she left, but she still had work to do to become a great player and maybe even to hold onto a starting spot.

Psyclone

Mar 18, 2006
Oakland>Ames>Cedar Rapids
She has played in 13 games, starting 4. In the 13 games she's played, she's averaged 15.5 minutes. I looked at the box scores for the last 6 games and found that she is not playing very much for some reason. Here are her minutes in those games:

Nebraska - 2 minutes
Penn State - Did not play
Rutgers - 4 minutes
Northwestern - Did not play
Michigan State - 6 minutes
Purdue - 1 minute

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I looked at the box scores for the last 6 games and found that she is not playing very much for some reason. Here are her minutes in those games:

Nebraska - 2 minutes
Penn State - Did not play
Rutgers - 4 minutes
Northwestern - Did not play
Michigan State - 6 minutes
Purdue - 1 minute
All I can say is, "Suck it Minnesota!!"

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames

IMO, for what it's worth, I think she would have prospered pretty well at ISU. She seemed to
be the type with limited talent that BF can get 110% out of. I think she would have had a better future at ISU (not a star but significant contributor) than she's apparently having at Minny.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron