Friday OT #1 - Favorite Comically Bad Movie Scene

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Thanks so much to @coolerifyoudid for this one! I like it!

I'll let him post his examples, but the gist is obvious - movie scenes that are so bad that you lost it watching them.

Janny had a hard time taking me to the movies for a couple of years in the mid-to-late 2000s. I lost it-lost it in the theater at Spiderman 3 when Peter Parker turned "bad" with his symbiote, which nobody else found funny apparently:

And then from Pirates 2 or 3, I don't remember, I couldn't contain myself during this scene:

What are yours?

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Can't find it online, but I remember a scene in the otherwise non-memorable movie "Pearl Harbor"

The way I remember it is the actors are fueling up and all very serious, but it just struck me as so fakishly super serious I laughed - it came across to me more like the Macho Grande flashback scenes in Airplane.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I doubt many people have seen the TNT original Dollar for the Dead "staring" Emilio Estevez but the entire movie was just bad and really cheesy. My buddies and I lost it during this scene.

• Creative

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Basically everything that comes out of Luis Guzman's mouth in The Count of Monte Cristo. I personally like him as an actor, but his inclusion in this film is just jarring, because the way he delivers his lines just doesn't jibe with the other actor's performances. Maybe it was done intentionally for comic relief, but for a period piece, he just doesn't fit with the period.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I laughed through the entirety of Twilight because of how comically bad it was. Sorry not specific scene. Although the whole dream thing at the end might have been the topper.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I've long been obsessed with a young James Spader's performance in "The New Kids". I'm not even sure if it's really bad or completely amazingly awesome. I just know I like it.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
This programming scene from Swordfish cracks me up everytime. A part of me still thinks I'll be programming like this as soon as my skills hit a certain level.

• Funny
Reactions: cyhiphopp

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
This programming scene from Swordfish cracks me up everytime. A part of me still thinks I'll be programming like this as soon as my skills hit a certain level.

Every hacker knows when you can't quite complete the cube shape it just takes a nice glass of merlot to finish the job.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
The infamous elevator scene from 1974's "Earthquake." It's supposed to be tense, right in the middle of a quake destroying Los Angeles, but the end of this clip is almost spit-take worthy. Hard to believe someone thought the "effect" was necessary.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
NOT WORK FRIENDLY

Not sure if this is on par with the topic, but Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves has several scenes/concepts..

Also, Costner has a sort of English accent for about 5 minutes when he gets to the beach and screams 'I'm hooooome' and then the rest of the movie, nothing.

That movie was really big when I was young, including the theme from Bryan Adams, and for some reason it's funny now hearing that score/music being played throughout the movie with wind instruments.

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
The chainsaw scene in Sharknado. Believe it or not, I found the movie up to this point entirely plausible. But you start a chainsaw, on the first pull, in an oxygen-void environment? Nope.

You ever owned a chainsaw? It takes the stars aligning to make mine start on a good day.