Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 26, 2014
Lol, yep, I've gone off the deep end because I know the SEC sucks just like every other college basketball fan in the country. I dont know how anybody could argue that point, everyone knows that conference is a complete joke.
This year the SEC/Big12 challenge played not so long ago was tied 5-5. They must have some decent teams. The Big 10 is the complete joke IMO.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Seriously you have, didn't you start out in this thread saying Iowa was average or we weren't much better than them?

Yeah, like 7 weeks ago when we were struggling to beat Drake and had already been curbstomped by Iowa. Things werent looking very good back then. We are playing alot better basketball than we were in early January.

Iowa had just beaten Purdue also, which at the time was better than anything we had done. They looked like they were improving alot while we were struggling. I dont think anything I said back then was out of line at the time.

Knowing what I know now we are alot better once the entire season has progressed but hindsight is 20/20.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol, you think we smoke Iowa on a neutral court right now? What evidence of that do you have right now the way weve been playing pretty much all season? Im sure we'll probably drain 18 3's on them and everything will be fine with the world again until we play some scrub 150 RPI team and lose the very next game.

Feb 9th

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I honestly cant answer that, I think it would be a toss up 50/50. It depends on what team shows up, the one that runs an offense, moves the ball well, sets screens, or the one that stands around the perimeter while someone takes a contested early shot with nobody around to rebound.

Feb 9th, said it would be 50/50 if we would beat Iowa on a neutral court

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I told you man, I don't post on those pathetic sites. The only one I even look at is Hawkeyenation and I dont have an account on any of those.

So you're a Hawkeye fan that doesn't post on Hawkeye sites? Why? There are so many injustices over there with the things they say about Iowa State sports, our fans, and Ames. We need an unbiased poster to help set them straight.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Feb 9th, said it would be 50/50 if we would beat Iowa on a neutral court

So? On February 9th we had just lost to Texas, looked iffy for even making the tourney, and Solomon Young hadnt emerged yet. I stand by that statement back on Feb 9th, right now I dont agree with it though after what Ive seen since then.

So by your logic, go back and call out the other 300 posters who were melting down after the Texas game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So? On February 9th we had just lost to Texas, looked iffy for even making the tourney, and Solomon Young hadnt emerged yet. I stand by that statement back on Feb 9th, right now I dont agree with it though after what Ive seen since then.

So by your logic, go back and call out the other 300 posters who were melting down after the Texas game.

You spent that entire day saying Texas sucked and Iowa was average. Do you not realize how dumb that is?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah, I was disgusted with the way we played at Texas that day. So what? Before our last 4 games we were in deep bubble territory.

What does that have to do with you saying Iowa was average? Even on Feb 9th Texas would have been favored by 1 point against Iowa on a neutral court

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
So I guess the theme of this is you guys can go back and question some of my posts, but Im not allowed to question other peoples when they say stupid things like the Big 10 is "by far" the worst Power 5 conference when facts prove otherwise?

Sounds right.

Status
Not open for further replies.