To PD2

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Huskerfan1

Nov 23, 2016
I want you to know I sincerely apologize to you for what we here in Jersey call "breaking your balls." My initial post when I came to this forum was to break your chops when you son didn't wrestle TJ and at first I thought he was ducking. He then ended up having a string of injuries and all along I honestly thought he'd get healthy and we'd see him wrestle and I know your kids talented.

That being said, over the last few weeks, I've seen your son kind of self destructing on social media. I saw a post you made that you haven't spoken with him in a few weeks.

That's when it him me. Being a father myself, I felt ashamed of my ball breaking. Your son is obviously going through something tough mentally. As a father I could only imagine that you like every other father that's involved in your kids lives, you did everything in your power to do your best. To give everything you had in life to give your child the best opportunity to succeed. When our kids do dumb things, it hurts as parents and I feel for you. I'm sure you've tried to talk some sense in to him but he's not responding obviously. I've been there and it sucks.

In closing, I really hope your son gets the help he needs. Whether he ever steps on a mat again is irrelevant. Even though he's 24 yrs old, he's still a kid and he's still your son and hopefully the more and more you and your family can try to help him will finally sink in and he learns from his mistakes.

I don't know if he's been suspended or not but the one thing he needs to do if he is going to try to wrestle again is to get off social media. Degrading his teammates and his school is never a good idea whether he believes in what he's saying or not. He just needs to lay low and hopefully this all blows over and he gets another chance.

Good luck from one father to another. Peace

Huskerfan1

Nov 23, 2016
Open letter? Just PM him.

You're right I should have. But I'm not that tech savvy and didn't know how to but truthfully didn't think about that.

Plus I think it's just sometimes on message boards we say things playing around but then you see there's a real issue and then you feel bad about it.

That's where I was coming from

Bottom line. good luck to ISU, you got a great coach and a great future and best of luck to PD2 because as a father, I know he must be going thru a lot

• Disagree
Reactions: CyValley and Judoka

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
I think it's great that you posted this openly @Huskerfan1. I, too, began to wonder if something deeper was going on when I read the posts from PD2 about having gone a few weeks without speaking to his son and not knowing what he was up to.

I don't think anyone here who is a real Cyclones fan wants PD3 to fail. At school, life, or on the mat. If he puts on the singlet again, we'll cheer for him. But he also needs to understand it's hard to cheer for someone when they're not on the mat but instead are talking **** about teammates, coaches, and the program as a whole.

Hope the dude can get things straightened out, whatever it is, because there's definitely a lot of talent and potential if the energy can be focused on the right things.

Huskerfan1

Nov 23, 2016
Husker is a concern troll here because PD2 will take any bait you throw him. A PM wouldn't let him get PD2 to publicly make an ass of himself for the amusement of other boards.

Yeah ok. Whether he responds or not is not my intent. I needed to get this off my chest. That's all

Obviously you have your own issues if you truly think the purpose of my post was to troll. Wow

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Yeah ok. Whether he responds or not is not my intent. I needed to get this off my chest. That's all

Obviously you have your own issues if you truly think the purpose of my post was to troll. Wow

You do realize post histories exist, right?

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
I saw the thread title and thought ,Oh No, here we go again. I had sons in college and it is never easy knowing they may be hurting mentally or physically. Taking the "bigger man" stance is admirable and I have to wonder why people are disliking this thread. Whatever PD3's problems are should be the main focus. If KJ cannot control him it is probably time to cut the cord and give him a hard life lesson. In my view, we coddle or pander way too much as a society and it is time for the Millennials to grow up and see the real world.

Reactions: Huskerfan1

Huskerfan1

Nov 23, 2016
You do realize post histories exist, right?

I am not hiding what I posted in the past. I thought I explained that in my post.

When serious issues are involved for a person that's when the ball breaking stops for me.

I know that's hard to comprehend for some, but I'm just being real.

• Friendly
Reactions: csteve

Huskerfan1

Nov 23, 2016
I saw the thread title and thought ,Oh No, here we go again. I had sons in college and it is never easy knowing they may be hurting mentally or physically. Taking the "bigger man" stance is admirable and I have to wonder why people are disliking this thread. Whatever PD3's problems are should be the main focus. If KJ cannot control him it is probably time to cut the cord and give him a hard life lesson. In my view, we coddle or pander way too much as a society and it is time for the Millennials to grow up and see the real world.

I broke PD2 chops pretty good for awhile so I understand why Judka and some other may have hard feelings for me.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

I'll reply to this then leave this thread to whatever direction it goes... but the OP wasn't "taking a bigger man stance", he was going through a bullet list of every issue Downey has and making sure to remind everyone about them, or bring up things that aren't well known, and directed it at a guy who is super easy to troll. It is the total opposite of being the bigger man, it is basic concern trolling 101.

I'll give Husker credit though, he's better at it than a lot of trolls. Not that it seems to take all that much to fool people, apparently.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I broke PD2 chops pretty good for awhile so I understand why Judka and some other may have hard feelings for me.

No, you didn't break PD2s chops, you insulted and attacked his kid. A roughly 20 year old college kid. I think it takes a very low level to publicly attack someone's kids. Now you say you are a dad? How can someone with kids take delight in riding another father about the trials and tribulations of their kids.

Please just leave. We don't need people attacking kids on this board.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Sorry but from everything he posts on social media...there won't be any lesson. It'll always be somebody's fault but his own. Hope he doesn't end up like a lot of people with that mentality when it hits them later in life and regret being the way they were. He still has time to change that line of thinking.

Huskerfan1

Nov 23, 2016
@Judoka Your have one sick mind my friend..the way you talk about trolling, trolling 101 and the way your mind works is mindboggling to me. Trust me, I don't put that much thought into this stuff

@BCClone I attacked him AS A COLLEGE WRESTLER..never personal. If you spout off you can beat the world and then dont wrestle, you are hoping to be attacked. That being said, I haven't posted in a while because I saw what was going on and it was more than just wrestling

Meanwhile, over the past few days, you have people crucifying the kid and thats ok....?

Let's put it this way..when I thought the kid was just ducking, I broke his chops because I honestly thought he'd be back wrestling and it would be fun to see how he does after all the talk. Once I realized there's some mental issues going on..I backed off and wish the kid and his father the best (it's more than wrestling now, it's personal)

Where as the way I see it, a bunch of you backed the kid's nonsense all year, but then as it looks like he going off the rails and may be suspended, you bail on him when he can use the support now (on a personal level)

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
@Judoka Your have one sick mind my friend..the way you talk about trolling, trolling 101 and the way your mind works is mindboggling to me. Trust me, I don't put that much thought into this stuff

@BCClone I attacked him AS A COLLEGE WRESTLER..never personal. If you spout off you can beat the world and then dont wrestle, you are hoping to be attacked. That being said, I haven't posted in a while because I saw what was going on and it was more than just wrestling

Meanwhile, over the past few days, you have people crucifying the kid and thats ok....?

Let's put it this way..when I thought the kid was just ducking, I broke his chops because I honestly thought he'd be back wrestling and it would be fun to see how he does after all the talk. Once I realized there's some mental issues going on..I backed off and wish the kid and his father the best (it's more than wrestling now, it's personal)

Where as the way I see it, a bunch of you backed the kid's nonsense all year, but then as it looks like he going off the rails and may be suspended, you bail on him when he can use the support now (on a personal level)
Playing that Holier than thou role bold strategy. As far as personal support he basically calls every person questioning whats going on a troll or MF. Blames the situation on politics and coaches. Says he is transferring. He is bailing on our school why wouldn't we bail on him?

Edit: if you go back and read post history's probably 99% of us hoped he would wrestle again and win. 99% of us hope he gets his head straight and finds success, it just wont be here.