Old Aldi building = New Jethros location?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Jethro's puts out a pretty good product at the original location but I can't say that any of the BBQ I've had at the other locations was very good. Sorry but dry brisket at 7:00 on a Saturday night is less than ideal...

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Jethro's puts out a pretty good product at the original location but I can't say that any of the BBQ I've had at the other locations was very good. Sorry but dry brisket at 7:00 on a Saturday night is less than ideal...

At least you're sorry...

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
There's been the debate on campustown vs duff, but what about Somerset? That area would seem similar to the prairie trail location.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
I liked the menu at Altoona and like the menu in Waukee. Breakfast at Bacon Bacon was good but too much food
. HP is okay if in a hurry and you want sit down not drive thru

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
There's been the debate on campustown vs duff, but what about Somerset? That area would seem similar to the prairie trail location.
Don't live out there anymore but all the prime spots for restaurants are gone.

I would be somewhat surprised to see too much more development out there that isn't residential. They were always so keen on keeping the "village" aspect.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

We had talked to a bartender at the Ankeny location about 3 years ago, and they mentioned the ONLY way Gerleman would ever go to Ames is if he got a location near Hilton and Jack Trice to pull in the gameday crowd.

Clonebydesign

Jul 21, 2009
Ames
Aldi's old location would put it in that area, lots of people already park in that lot for football games. As for campus it's hard with prices and also the summer time, Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks to stay open and have it work.

aforstate

Jan 23, 2010
We had talked to a bartender at the Ankeny location about 3 years ago, and they mentioned the ONLY way Gerleman would ever go to Ames is if he got a location near Hilton and Jack Trice to pull in the gameday crowd.

The research park seems like it might be a decent spot in that respect. Closer than most other areas suitable for a restaurant.