Juan Harris

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I don't think I would label someone who has decommitted this many times as "having their head on straight."

That's one of the things I hope he gets wherever he ends up.
Maybe not, but this impression precedes much of the decomit business. Although I would say this is an understandable mistake provided his tough past.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I don't know Matt Campbell. Based on everything we know, he is a good and honest man, and he has a staff that shares these traits.

The only thing this kid has done is decommit a lot. He's not criminal in any way. I think a staff, and an environment like the one in Ames could be great for him, and he could be great for us.

I can't see any rational argument why we wouldn't recruit the kid. Win win for everybody. We've had plenty of decommits so far this year, we need to take chances on people. He could be a decommit. He could also be the next Royce White.

He plays hoops too? Just kidding. Ames could be a really nice place for this kid to blossom. I'm rooting for him. Honestly it a 19 on the ACT is certainly doable. Go get him CMC

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
So he already dropped 55 pounds? It doesn't seem unreasonable to think he could drop half again that in the next year. He could do some damage in the 320-340 range.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
How much locker room damage can he do? Is a higher character kid with less talent more important? CMC says they have very deliberate criteria for each and every positions and each and every kid - why would he break with his plan at this early, early juncture with a kid that starts off day 1 with issues? CMC is still running kids like that out of the program - why backfill with another?

If he trusts his plan, can't see why he would go full-on with a reclamation project.

Best of luck to the kid in any case.

Because We have 1 win this year.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Wonder if we're looking at another (5th?) decommitment from Juan after Wilson was just fired.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron