Ames Brewery and Manhatten Brewery team up for Farmageddon

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Can't see anything in your post, but, is it Tall Grass Brewing from Manhattan?

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
It looks like it's just on tap at a few locations. I was hoping to find a 6 pack in DSM on Thursday.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
It looks like it's just on tap at a few locations. I was hoping to find a 6 pack in DSM on Thursday.
Draft only unfortunately. It'll be fun to try this one out for sure. Tallgrass was heading in the right direction, then I think their brewer left or they decided to pursue gimmicky beers like Key Lime Pie, Flyin' Hawaiian, Raspberry Jam, and Sweet Tooth. Either way, if Alluvial is involved, it should be a solid beer.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Draft only unfortunately. It'll be fun to try this one out for sure. Tallgrass was heading in the right direction, then I think their brewer left or they decided to pursue gimmicky beers like Key Lime Pie, Flyin' Hawaiian, Raspberry Jam, and Sweet Tooth. Either way, if Alluvial is involved, it should be a solid beer.
Their oatmeal cream stout is awesome, but I'm not sure I've had much else of Tallgrass. Agreed on Alluvial.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Their oatmeal cream stout is awesome, but I'm not sure I've had much else of Tallgrass. Agreed on Alluvial.
Yup. Vanilla and regular Bufallo Sweat are both great. Their core beers are really well made beers. Unfortunately, they're pushing harder for the "limited release" beers.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yup. Vanilla and regular Bufallo Sweat are both great. Their core beers are really well made beers. Unfortunately, they're pushing harder for the "limited release" beers.

Is the vanilla bean version out yet? I haven't seen it but it's not quite stout season for me yet.

Zenthar

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 4, 2010
Does anyone know where they will be in Des Moines on Thursday?

Help Support Us

Become a patron