7 Years Ago...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
For certain the best ISU road trip I have been apart of. Sat in the Nebraska student section with a friend who was a UNL student sporting my ISU gear. Things didn't get as rowdy as I expected but I definitely felt hostility as I was leaving. One of my top ISU memories!!

*** As a side note, the worst ISU road trip I was a part of was going to Manhattan, KS in 2013. What a ******* waste of time, the team was completely overmatched and looked like they wanted to get back to Ames ASAP.

Sadly I was at this game as well, but even sadder is that wasn't the worst road game I've traveled to. Went to the Colorado game when we were trying to get bowl eligible when Arnaud was QB. Colorado was a bad team and they ran us off the field that day

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Suh blocked either an extra point of a FG in that game if I remember correctly. He was literally unstoppable. I'm sure he was incredibly pissed at their offense after they lost that game.

He blocked an XP and a field goal. Very strange game. Strangest play of all was that Niles Paul fumble. Happened in the endzone right in front of me. I still don't know how he dropped that ball.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
He blocked an XP and a field goal. Very strange game. Strangest play of all was that Niles Paul fumble. Happened in the endzone right in front of me. I still don't know how he dropped that ball.

He kicked the ball out of his own hands when he looked back to see if a DB was going to catch up to him. Hillarious

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
My girlfriend at the time, now wife really had to talk me into going to this game. Good job outta her! Eventually got CPR to sign my ticket stub.

Memorable deal in the game was when ISU got pinned inside the 5 with about 10 minutes left. I thought that they would get stuffed there, punt, and Nebraska would finally break through with good field position. The nut kick was about to come. What happened was something like a 7 minute drive that amassed a whooping 38 yards or whatever, resulting in a punt that flipped the field. Nebraska was feeling the crunch of the clock after that and the rest is history. Probably one of the most relieving wins ever since it was such a grind of a game.

NU had a sick defense in 2009.

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Tackle+Ndamukong+Suh+Pacific+Life+Holiday+7_tOloCi46jl.jpg

EDIT: I guess I should have read the rest of the thread before posting...

That there is a lot of corn fed beef.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
On October 24, 2016, the football gods were feeling particular lazy. They sent one of their newest underlings, Carl, to Lincoln that day to execute the normal "screw ISU" orders. But instead, somehow, Carl got everything screwed up.

"Do you know how many times I had to drop bad karma on Nebraska to keep them from winning?!?" Carl asked.

"Carl, you idiot . . . " the football gods replied. "Well ... [sigh] ... now we're going to have to screw over ISU for like the next 7 years to make up for this."

:p:eek::D

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
You probably need to re-watch the replay on YouTube. Such a stupid play by McCoy, but there was still a second left on the clock.

I was talking to a Nebraska fan some time after the game, probably a few months afterwards, but he thought Tim Tebow was the quarterback for Texas instead of Colt McCoy.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Sadly I was at this game as well, but even sadder is that wasn't the worst road game I've traveled to. Went to the Colorado game when we were trying to get bowl eligible when Arnaud was QB. Colorado was a bad team and they ran us off the field that day
We took the train to that game with the gridiron club. Best thing about that trip was that was the first time I had ever ridden on a train. :)

Reactions: cyclones500

Help Support Us

Become a patron