Random Thoughts VIII: The Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well today started pretty slow, had a broken fuel line replaced it, cracked a fuel line between the pump and injectors primed it and it took off first try. So that made for a pretty much Awesome Sauce morning. Afternoon went better. Nieces B-day party was yesterday, earrings I picked for her must have been ok her sister wanted to borrow them.

Winning!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
New HVAC is half way done. So far so good.

4953579.gif

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I think it was 8th grade when I started printing my capital letters in cursive. I just didn't like how the cursive S looked, and I realized I could change it then, and it not matter school-wise.

I'm married to a lefty, my ex-bf from HS is a lefty, so I'm used to reading a lefty's handwriting. But, I have a co-worker who's lefty, AND she had surgery on her wrist earlier this year for carpal tunnel's. Oooooof. She admitted her handwriting still wasn't back to "normal", but wow. It's a smidge painful to decipher.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I think it was 8th grade when I started printing my capital letters in cursive. I just didn't like how the cursive S looked, and I realized I could change it then, and it not matter school-wise.

I'm married to a lefty, my ex-bf from HS is a lefty, so I'm used to reading a lefty's handwriting. But, I have a co-worker who's lefty, AND she had surgery on her wrist earlier this year for carpal tunnel's. Oooooof. She admitted her handwriting still wasn't back to "normal", but wow. It's a smidge painful to decipher.
Mama was a lefty - she grew up in the era of pens you dipped in ink wells. They couldn't force her to use her right hand (although they tried)...but when she wrote, her hand would drag across and smear the undried ink. She learned to turn her paper upside down so that the heading was closest to her. She would then curl her hand around and write on the paper in that position (basically writing upside-down) so that her hand moved from the right to the left and she didn't smear the ink. I've never seen any other lefty do that. Funny thing about it - because she wrote in that fashion, her handwriting had a right-handed slant to it (it didn't look like a lefty wrote it).

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Living in Nebraska almost takes the fun out of football season. It's impossible to tune out all the Husker talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron