Ticket Sales and Attendance

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
too busy popping Molly's....

Miley-Cyrus-Cant-Stop-dancing-bears_jumirm.gif

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I've never understood people saying parking is difficult with the Jack.

You can park at the east deck... there is always space near Gerdin or East Hall... or at Lied, and each are a 20 minute walk through some tailgating fun to the stadium.

upload_2016-9-26_12-57-27.png

(for free)

• Agree
Reactions: State2015 and SC Cy

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

You can park at the east deck... there is always space near Gerdin or East Hall... or at Lied, and each are a 20 minute walk through some tailgating fun to the stadium.

View attachment 44378

(for free)

I understand it for people with small children or people with some kind of walking impairment. However, you can drop children with one parent or impaired walkers off closer and then go park in one of these options.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

View attachment 44378

(for free)

And there are trolleys that pick up near the north end of A-1 and D-1

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

View attachment 44378

(for free)

You're like the 8th person to miss the point. Parking may still be possible, but it blows up the tailgate plans most people in those grass lots had, and that's the main event for a lot of people on gameday. They certainly arent showing up for quality football.

• Funny
Reactions: CyBobby

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

View attachment 44378

(for free)
Hell, don't forget Kildee. I park there sometimes when Gerdin lot gets full. Still a short walk to me.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
no one should ever, ever complain about our fan support for football.

we'll be lucky to win 10+ games in 4 years and there's debate if the stands should have 48k or 55k. its crazy its so high and has been so strong for so long.

Speaking of winning 10 games in 4 yrs...I did notice that LSU did FIRE Les Miles and all he did is win 77% of his games averaging 9.5 wins per year

Just to Summarize we at ISU win 10 games in four years and LSU fires a coach who wins one natl championship and 9.5 games per year....Where in the H E C K is the justice in that?......

I guess its just real world geography and we got screwed in the process...............

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
If you've ever been to the stadium, you'll see why the expansion was NOT a head scratcher. If attendance never increases, the stadium still looks more big time and it matters just as much if not more what the stadium looks like empty (when recruits visit) as it does on game day.
Yeah, seeing the number of empty seats was a little disappointing (because obviously you'd like it to be sold out every game), but I remember thinking how even though there were plenty of empty seats the stadium still looks really impressive and the empty seats don't look nearly as bad as they did before the renovations

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
ISU averaged 56,519 a game last year with only 8 wins combined the past 3 years. Going to 61,500 was a no brainer, not a head scratcher.

Agree that it was a no brainer. Attendance should increase based on increased population/attendance alone. If ISU can pump out approximately 6000 graduates a year and just a fraction of those go on to attend future games they can't miss. Some of these graduates will go on to have families that will also need tickets to attend. Two of us left Ames and now three of us come back for games. Of course there are also people that stop coming every year, but I would guess that number doesn't offset the amount of new attendees.

Like us, a lot of graduates will attend at least one game a year no matter the team's record or opponent. We base our decision on weather and our family commitments. We want to tailgate and watch football, a win is just a bonus.

NetflixAndClone

Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Speaking of winning 10 games in 4 yrs...I did notice that LSU did FIRE Les Miles and all he did is win 77% of his games averaging 9.5 wins per year

Just to Summarize we at ISU win 10 games in four years and LSU fires a coach who wins one natl championship and 9.5 games per year....Where in the H E C K is the justice in that?......

I guess its just real world geography and we got screwed in the process...............
While some people here might not agree with me I think firing Les was the right decision. He won the Natty with Saban's players his coaching was trending down. He was failing to evolve with the game and his offense was terrible.

LSU gets the top talent and they are normally in the top 5 recruiting classes. There should be no reason that LSU isn't winning the west every 3 years. LSU has had terrible QBs too and I don't think his offense was helping.

LSU needs to get a up tempo spread HC like Herman. Herman does great with UH talent, imagine him with LSU talent? Les is a good coach and I didn't think he should've been fired last year but it was clear this year his team had no energy and they are not scoring a lot of points with one of the best RBs in the game and two amazing WRs.

I think Les needs a change of scenery and a breath of fresh air. He has let the game go past him.

• Disagree

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
We took a friend's seven year old to the game. We started the tailgate at 6 am and he was a real trooper. After seeing the players at the spirit walk he told me that the wait was worth it. Then the basketball players tailgated at their tent and he had pictures taken with each of them. It was pretty warm in the upper deck but he was determined to watch the whole game.

CRCy

Sep 13, 2016
Agree that it was a no brainer. Attendance should increase based on increased population/attendance alone. If ISU can pump out approximately 6000 graduates a year and just a fraction of those go on to attend future games they can't miss. Some of these graduates will go on to have families that will also need tickets to attend. Two of us left Ames and now three of us come back for games. Of course there are also people that stop coming every year, but I would guess that number doesn't offset the amount of new attendees.

Like us, a lot of graduates will attend at least one game a year no matter the team's record or opponent. We base our decision on weather and our family commitments. We want to tailgate and watch football, a win is just a bonus.

Don't get me wrong I agree, but there is a reason that attendance figures are dropping all over the country. While you and I as graduates might buy tickets there are a lot more graduates that don't and won't moving forward. There are just so many other things to do and (I know crazy) some don't view going to a football game as a priority.

Take away students and I think you would be shocked to know the average age of season ticket holders.

All that said I think adding the SEZ was the right decision.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Don't get me wrong I agree, but there is a reason that attendance figures are dropping all over the country. While you and I as graduates might buy tickets there are a lot more graduates that don't and won't moving forward. There are just so many other things to do and (I know crazy) some don't view going to a football game as a priority.

Take away students and I think you would be shocked to know the average age of season ticket holders.

After going 2-10 (and 3-9 the year before), our ticket sales went up 4,322 last year.

upload_2016-9-27_11-31-7.png

Last edited:

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa

I want 2 go on the record......Thanking the Reiman's and Jamie Pollard for getting the SEZ project done before I leave planet earth

Go Cyclones Shock thee bears

• Agree
Reactions: Pat

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
I'm not sure where people get the idea that Vet Med is so far from the stadium. My sister whines about it when we tailgate there, yet she is also one of those Fitbit disciples.:rolleyes: Geez woman, it is at most a seven minute walk from the farthest point in Vet Med.

I think it was somewhere between 9:15 and 9:30 when Vet Med filled up. A little less sedate than normal because more people were there. And they do have that free shuttle that goes up there to take you to and from stadium.

Several of us adopted a family of a SJSU player and shared food and drink. Good times.

Shared food and drink? Will you adopt me for the purple kansas game?