Random Thoughts VIII: The Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Apparently there's a bomb threat at the county fair (next county over from me), they're evacuating. Not sure about the people with animals. Many of them have campers and RVs parked on the grounds they stay in.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
But I like the responsibility.

I had a friend that couldn't go grocery shopping on his own, so he always had me go. Every time he looked away I would cart something for him. He would start handing stuff to the clerk and pull out jugs of Crisco, boxes of tampons and maybe a turkey. He learned to stop bothering me.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
So.... did you guys ever find out if 55 is still around? It would be a good day for a pet picture.

Or KC, a kitty picture.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
FB_IMG_1472661592525.jpg

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
So.... did you guys ever find out if 55 is still around? It would be a good day for a pet picture.

Or KC, a kitty picture.
Once I pull the trigger on getting a puppy, I'll post like 1000 a day.

I know the exact brand and the breeder I want to get it from. I just feel bad as the puppy would be crated from 745-530 everyday and not sure if I want to do that.

Reactions: cyrevkah

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Once I pull the trigger on getting a puppy, I'll post like 1000 a day.

I know the exact brand and the breeder I want to get it from. I just feel bad as the puppy would be crated from 745-530 everyday and not sure if I want to do that.

What kind of dog?

Your adoring public wants to know!

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Late update : it was Coach McCarney, he was on the same flight as me sitting a couple seats away. I didn't talk to him, but I did get a good look at the giant (national championship?) ring on his right hand.

Reactions: SaraV and BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Late update : it was Coach McCarney, he was on the same flight as me sitting a couple seats away. I didn't talk to him, but I did get a good look at the giant (national championship?) ring on his right hand.

Come on, man, you didn't even give him a "Go Cyclones!" :eek:

Reactions: BCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
the puppy would be crated from 745-530 everyday and not sure if I want to do that.
That's why we have cats. We had dogs before, but we had a large fenced yard for them, and the kids got home a lot earlier than we did. Dogs need more human interaction than we can offer until we're retired.
Preferred breeds for me - Brittany or Springer Spaniels. I love the look of Borzois, but they are waaaaaay too high maintenance for me to ever own one.
PapaLew would prefer a shepherd husky cross.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Home from the concert. OAR puts on a good show. The opening act was group of siblings (5 boys 2 girls) called the Hunts. They were good too. Always nice to come across a group that wouldn't have ever come across. Thought I knew alot of OAR but the only 3 I for sure wanted was Love and Memories, This Town and Peace. L and M was about 5 songs in and the other 2 were near the end.

They had these light projection machines that beamed light toward the middle deck of Stephens. Made it look like Stephens had it's own video ring. I guess there is a tradition at their shows of bringing a deck of cards and then throwing up into the air. I thought stuff was falling from the ceiling till I noticed that was being thrown. All in all a good night.

• Optimistic
Reactions: WooBadger18
Status
Not open for further replies.