Who should Vikings pick up at QB?

• Total voters

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
An assumption on your part.

Not really. You're using his performance last year to predict this year when more recent data points suggest that won't be the case. In the limited amount of pre season action I saw, he looked like a much more confident guy who would do more this year than in the past. Potentially far more than in the past.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
This is like my friend who said "good" in my group text message when Teddy went down. There is a time and a place for the rivalry, right after a kid gets a serious injury, is not that place. I would like to think that you wouldn't want a poster saying "SKOL VIKINGS, SKOL VIKINGS, SKOL VIKINGS" in a thread about Aaron Rodgers getting a season ending injury and what to do next

Not really the same thing at all. Just saying go pack go. Part of a fun rivalry. Not rooting for anybody including bridgewater to get hurt. He was just a game manager like a Trent Dilfer so they should be able to be ok without him.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
If Hill plays against Arizona, he won't throw for 150 yards.
Not really. You're using his performance last year to predict this year when more recent data points suggest that won't be the case. In the limited amount of pre season action I saw, he looked like a much more confident guy who would do more this year than in the past. Potentially far more than in the past.

I'm not predicting anything for this year from him. I'm just showing the only real evidence we have to go off of Teddy. You are living off the what if, or assuming. Plenty of NFL QB's have had starts like he has, we have thought they were going to take the next step, and it never materialized for them. It happens every year. We just don't know.

I'll say it again, the Vikings won the division last year in spite of their QB. They had the worst QB in the division and yet they still won it. That's almost unheard of in todays NFL but they did it because their defense was great and they ran the football. That won't change this year. So all Hill has to be is serviceable.

When was the last guy that killed it in preseason that went on to kill it in the regular season? Honest question. Sam Bradford was going to throw 40 TD's last year after his preseason. He was healthy and Chip Kelly had figured out the best way to use him. They weren't going to be able to stop Philly.....oh wait.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Please, oh please, find some way to get Cutler. Give the Bears as many draft picks as you need to get that pestilence out of Chicago.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Your assumption is wrong. You calling me zero class is you having zero class. I didn't rub anything in. Just said go pack go. You might want to relax. Just a game dude
Soooo why did you post Go Pack Go in a thread about Teddy's injury?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
A lot of people bringing up the age argument against Hill apparently forgot that Peyton just won the Super Bowl (without playing any sense of a stellar year of football, either.)

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
Soooo why did you post Go Pack Go in a thread about Teddy's injury?

It's a rivalry dude. Just having fun. It's amazing how offensive everybody takes such an innocent comment. Didn't say one bad word about bridgewater. Didn't say I was happy about the injury or anything related. RELAX Viking fans. We're all cyclone fans and are on the same side. You can't post anything without being attacked these days. Geesh.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Christian Ponder. Would be the equivalent of what is listed since you are looking for one year and he has worked with a few of the guys.

I'm a Packers fan, but I honestly wouldn't feel excited about any of those listed if I was in your shoes.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
A lot of people bringing up the age argument against Hill apparently forgot that Peyton just won the Super Bowl (without playing any sense of a stellar year of football, either.)
Let's not go there. How anyone can use the Peyton Manning situation as a guide is beyond me. Manning is a HOF old guy not a career backup cadaver. He also brought the best defense in the NFL, and while the Vikings will be good they won't be purple people eater good.

Reactions: clonehenge

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Let's not go there. How anyone can use the Peyton Manning situation as a guide is beyond me. Manning is a HOF old guy not a career backup cadaver. He also brought the best defense in the NFL, and while the Vikings will be good they won't be purple people eater good.
post-36877-agree-to-disagree-gif-Anchorma-kFLi.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron