Enter the Storm (Game Week Video)

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I don't love it, but I'm not the target audience.

But I do love the fact that there is a video. The hit tapes (at least the weekly ones) ended 3 years ago right when things fell to crisp.

I think it's good but not anywhere near as good as some of the other videos the staff has done.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Ben4Cy

Aug 28, 2016
sweet video. I think it's awesome that the players are willing to take part in these videos. It just gives me a sense that they know how excited we are for the season.

It's a lot easier rooting for a bunch of guys that give back with things like the recent victory day (which I thought is/was an incredible idea) and taking part in productions like these.

Would still love a bunch of wins this season. Either way I know why I'll be at every game. Good players and even better people.

Reactions: aauummm

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
A very good video but I definitely liked the A Storm Is Brewing video more. Again...I said this is a very good video lol...the Iowa State fight song mixed into it was the clincher for me in the first.

• Agree
Reactions: beentherebefore

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Lanning studying the K-State film!

Oh yeah, smack talking without talking to start the season off.

Alternatively, isn't it time to beat a Snyder coached team? No, that was last year...it was time...it was done...I'd be studying too.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
That video had a much deeper double meaning than at hype video....Or I'm reading way to much into it.

To me the whole thing is a build up to Mitchell and his story. All the team running into the stadium behind him without being able to go in with the constant yelling of Fight For Iowa State. Then finally being ready. There was a lot more behind that production than a hit tape.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Oh yeah, smack talking without talking to start the season off.

Alternatively, isn't it time to beat a Snyder coached team? No, that was last year...it was time...it was done...I'd be studying too.

I didn't see it as smack talk as much as it was emphasizing that those types of games won't happen again. That game was the one that marked the end of the Rhoads era. Now, they're turning the page.

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
That video had a much deeper double meaning than at hype video....Or I'm reading way to much into it.

To me the whole thing is a build up to Mitchell and his story. All the team running into the stadium behind him without being able to go in with the constant yelling of Fight For Iowa State. Then finally being ready. There was a lot more behind that production than a hit tape.
Evan, the one who made the video. Doesn't have a CF account but was looking over this thread sent me a screenshot of this post and said "that was exactly what I was doing the entire time filming and editing."

• Winner
Reactions: istater7 and bawbie

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
One of the best videos produced to date. Have they got some new guys in the media department. They must have spent hours in the edit bay to create that, great job people. Look forward to seeing the video for the bowl game this season.

Apparently the guy's name is Evan(referenced above) and he IS a newer addition to CY.TV. Here are a couple links to stories about him from his local newspaper. They talk about his first video(A Storm is Brewing) that was a class project and how that paved his path to CY.TV.

http://www.crestonnews.com/2016/08/...-students-rising-video-career/aer2the/?page=1
http://www.crestonnews.com/2016/08/23/childhood-hobby-leads-to-viral-videos-by-isus-nielsen/amsjgma/

I hope they have him do hit tapes as well. If he can capture how he's produced hype vids and used that to cut-up and produce hit tapes.....whew! Look out!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Love the Meyers smirk that triggers the siren!

• Agree
Reactions: Gerbs