***Official USMNT Thread***

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
So if we don't qualify for the next round.

Gulati better step down...

Not even making it out of the 2nd round of qualifying is embarrassing.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Jozy has been on fire lately, so hopefully he can step up for the qualifiers.

Jozy has been out of his mind recently. Definitely in the best form of his career. Hopefully he is rewarded with a call up.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Liverpool and Stoke City are both linked to Pulisic for a transfer.

Stoke want him for 22.5 million (Record Fee for an American) while Liverpool want him for about 14 million supposedly.

Dunno which one is really accurate.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Bobby Wood with a great finish on a half chance off of a long ball to put Hamburg up 1-0. I'm excited to see how he does in the Bundesliga.

Reactions: ianoconnor

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Here's the roster for this week's WC qualifiers:

GOALKEEPERS
Brad Guzan (Middlesbrough), Ethan Horvath (Molde), Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids)

DEFENDERS
Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Monchengladbach), Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle)

MIDFIELDERS
Paul Arriola (Club Tijuana), Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Jermaine Jones (Colorado Rapids), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund), Caleb Stanko (FC Vaduz), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS
Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders), Rubio Rubin (FC Utrecht), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), Bobby Wood (Hamburg SV)

I don't think it will happen in these next couple games, but I really hope Klinsmann thinks seriously about finding some serviceable fullbacks so we can put Fabian in the midfield.

• Informative
Reactions: Cytasticlone

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Here's the roster for this week's WC qualifiers:

GOALKEEPERS
Brad Guzan (Middlesbrough), Ethan Horvath (Molde), Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids)

DEFENDERS
Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Monchengladbach), Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle)

MIDFIELDERS
Paul Arriola (Club Tijuana), Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Jermaine Jones (Colorado Rapids), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund), Caleb Stanko (FC Vaduz), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS
Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders), Rubio Rubin (FC Utrecht), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), Bobby Wood (Hamburg SV)

I don't think it will happen in these next couple games, but I really hope Klinsmann thinks seriously about finding some serviceable fullbacks so we can put Fabian in the midfield.

It baffles me why Klinsmann doesn't call up Jorge Villafana. He's fairly young and pretty damn good. Plus his a left back and that would allow Fabian to go to the midfield.

Also, I wonder if we'll see Gooch called up later this year.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
It baffles me why Klinsmann doesn't call up Jorge Villafana. He's fairly young and pretty damn good. Plus his a left back and that would allow Fabian to go to the midfield.

Also, I wonder if we'll see Gooch called up later this year.

Villafana is probably the number one guy that the US should be taking a look at who doesn't seem to be on the radar. I'd also include Lichaj to a lesser extent.

If Gooch continues to start for Sunderland on a regular basis, I'm sure he'll be included soon. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't call him into this camp since he just broke into Sunderland's starting 11. Let him stay in England and try to solidify his spot in that squad instead of having him travel and possibly miss the first match after the international break.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
FYI for those that are interested, the upcoming qualifiers will be at St. Vincent on Friday. That match will be on BeIN sport at 2:30 central. Their second match will be against Trinidad and Tobago in Jacksonville on Tuesday, Sept 6. I believe that match starts at 7 central and will be on FS1.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Villafana is probably the number one guy that the US should be taking a look at who doesn't seem to be on the radar. I'd also include Lichaj to a lesser extent.

If Gooch continues to start for Sunderland on a regular basis, I'm sure he'll be included soon. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't call him into this camp since he just broke into Sunderland's starting 11. Let him stay in England and try to solidify his spot in that squad instead of having him travel and possibly miss the first match after the international break.

That was my guess as well with Gooch.

Also, the fact that Wondo got called up drives me crazy. He's having he's worst season in a long time.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytasticlone

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa

Something goes flying out at the end of that video, I think it was the defenders shin guard.

Thanks for posting - great replay. The last one shows how much harder getting those shots off is compared to how it looked at full speed!

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I just went to look at the WC qualifying standings. Did I read that correctly, that our men are in danger of not even making it through to the Hex?

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
I just went to look at the WC qualifying standings. Did I read that correctly, that our men are in danger of not even making it through to the Hex?

It's a possibility if they lay an egg in these final 2 matches. You would expect them to nail down 3 points in the first match against St. Vincent, but weird stuff can happen on road trips to tiny Caribbean islands. Also, T&T isn't a pushover anymore.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
John Brooks did not make the trip to Florida for this camp due to an injury. Sacha Kljestan has been added to the squad. It's been a while since Klinsmann has given Kljestan a look, but he's certainly been playing well for NYRB the past couple of seasons.