Shocked!

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Not ISU, but the Shockers who the Cyclones beat 3-0.

I thought we played pretty good defense, and Berta took over the reigns at Libero. Horner got the start at setter, which kind of caught me by surprise.

From the post game it seems CJL feels she has some pretty good depth to work with.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
little scattered at times and some sloppy setting at points but solid overall. Think Berta will do well. Schaben and Capezio looked good I thought - hopefully we can continue to keep them healthy.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I thought Horner and Berta both played well. Horner had some errors but she did a good job setting up the diversified ISU attack. CJL went 5-1 the entire match and stuck with essentially the same rotation for the entire match which was a mild surprise. Schaben was shaky at times in the back row so it will be interesting to see if plays the back row for the entire season.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I thought Horner and Berta both played well. Horner had some errors but she did a good job setting up the diversified ISU attack. CJL went 5-1 the entire match and stuck with essentially the same rotation for the entire match which was a mild surprise. Schaben was shaky at times in the back row so it will be interesting to see if plays the back row for the entire season.

I'm hoping it works out to have Schaben do a full rotation. I do hope we stick with a 5-1 (and I prefer Horner at this point). Think we are more consistent with one setter.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Immensely ahead of where we started last season at. Really excited for the season.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Good to see volleyball back in action last night. Like others said already, I thought they looked pretty good as well. There were some rough spots, but they're definitely ahead of the start of last season.

I do always enjoy seeing Wichita State lose in volleyball ever since we hosted them in the NCAA tournament a few years back. One of their players said in an interview that (paraphrasing) "Iowa State was the draw we were hoping for because we knew it was the easiest path to the Sweet 16." Cut to Iowa State winning against them in the 2nd round, 3-0. :D

rdtindsm

Jan 30, 2008
Not ISU, but the Shockers who the Cyclones beat 3-0.

I thought we played pretty good defense, and Berta took over the reins at Libero. Horner got the start at setter, which kind of caught me by surprise.

From the post game it seems CJL feels she has some pretty good depth to work with.

FIFY

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I'm hoping it works out to have Schaben do a full rotation. I do hope we stick with a 5-1 (and I prefer Horner at this point). Think we are more consistent with one setter.
Last season was not one of CJL's finer moments with her waffling between 5-1 and 6-2 as well as not locking down a consistent player rotation. It cost ISU some matches with Iowa being the most glaring example. I am willing to bet she would be the first to admit that.